(Update) Main Bag its about time....

90 Human Paladin
ITT: People who know nothing about programming trying to tell Blizzard how to program.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest

Ok so the old code is touchy they would have to shut the game down or something big to work on it. Thin why don,t they make a copy of the game and work on the copy to try and fix it if they crash the copy thin who cares its a copy. But after all is said and done if they cant/wont fix it thin why not make a solution to the problem. Personal banks give them 4 to 6 tabs same number of slots but tabs like a guild bank keep the bag slots for extra room make a spot to open up a tabard only section to store all of them. Scrap Void Storage it was a complete failure paying 25 gold pure item to store it. Plus this is my own opinion i don,t know if other people would like this but guild banks 8 tabs is good but it should have as many slots on a tab as there are glyphs.

OK, let me tell you a small story. You know that void storage they implemented in Cata. They implemented that because that was much more easier then to go back into hardcoded programming for the bank slots and bag slots on the characters. Those are other codes deep into character creation that if they played around with would cause too much problem, and that fixing would take years and one or two dedicated teams, which would not be cost effective.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
All these types of ideas come with some kind of caveat. I say that there is no need for one. Just upgrade the bag.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I like this idea. I know we keep getting new bags for our other four slots, but it still silly that our original bag has gone this long, unchanged.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
10/04/2012 04:20 AMPosted by Khogun
Your first bag was good for a time now 4 expansions later that first bag is in bad need of a upgrade. Now i don,t think everyone should be able to upgrade right away you should make it a quest that ends with it being 25 slots and a few bag icon models/colors make it a MoP Quest just please update it.

Can't change it because of the coding.

This expansion I have gotten so many "toys" as quest rewards, along with the transmog, I need more space. I'd settle for another bank teller that was separted from the others, since I'm guessing bank space is hard coded too.

If there is room for guild banks with 8 tabs, there has to be a way to give the individual player more space. Heck, I'd even settle for a mini banker that only held two "profession" bags.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
10/04/2012 09:16 AMPosted by Lukar
Ok so the old code is touchy they would have to shut the game down or something big to work on it. Thin why don,t they make a copy of the game and work on the copy to try and fix it if the crash the copy thin who cares its a copy. But after all is said and done if they cant/wont fix it thin why not make a solution to the problem. Personal banks give them 4 to 6 tabs same number of slots but tabs like a guild bank keep the bags slots for extra room make a spot to open up a tabard only section to store all of them. Scrap Void Storage it was a complete failure paying 25 gold pure item to store it. Plus this is my own opinion i don,t know if other people would like this but guild banks 8 tabs is good but it should have as many slots on a tab as there are glyphs.

You clearly weren't here for the orc shoulder bug.

I was, and that was some funny shinola.

Back to topic, I find it difficult that after so many years, and many, many, many requests on this topic, that the hard working folks at Blizz couldn't figure out a way to adjust the backpack. I understand that it's part of the base code, and that altering that code has some bad ju ju effect on the rest of the base code, but c'mon 8 years and they haven't figured it out yet?

Maybe it's a resource allocation thing, maybe it really is that the code is just that hard packed in there, or maybe....that backpack is THE Backpack that has seen many of us through collecting murlock heads, holder of the mighty hearthstone, been through deaths and resurrections uncountable. It is the moneybag, and the first bag opened when you check your inventory, it will never leave you, even after hacks. It was the holder of your first keys to gnomer, scarlet, scholo, strat, etc. (until you moved them to those other bags, and later a key ring....I miss my key ring).

So durable is that backpack it held horses, and sabers, kodos and worgs. It was there after you deleted and restored your toon, your first epic looted most likey, went there. It's held all the grey loot, cooked food, and weird junk you collected over the years, and it never complained. It's THE Backpack, and it will always be there. if it gets upgraded, that would be nice, but if it cannot, well then, it will still be your first 16 slot bag, and for many of us, the only bag you had for the first couple levels back before Rags shouted Too Soon, and Illidan informed us that we were not prepared. Give it a little respect.
Reply Quote
40 Pandaren Monk
My Void bank is 100% full.
My normal bank is all 22 slot bags, and it too is full.
Half my inventory, which is all 22 slot bags and a 24 slotter, is always at least half full.
I have so many pieces of gear I keep for transmog, items that aren't obtainable anymore, and nostalgia items, that I need additional bag space!

You WANT additional bag space.

You NEED to vendor most of that trash.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Can anyone provide a link to a blue post on why the bag can't be updated to have more slots? I know that sometimes the answer really *IS* no, no matter what the boss/client/customer says, but still, I'd like to see this come from someone at Blizz rather than Joeschmo the Kingslayer or Professor Jaendo.

Wishlist: a bag that expands to 18 slots at level 60, 20 slots at 70, 22 slots at 80, and 24 slots at 90 (or something like that).
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
10/04/2012 04:49 AMPosted by Vyndal
Also, How in the world are you people running out of bag space? Even with a full offspec set in my bags i always had more than 50 empty slots.

Pandaren cooking.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
If they can't increase the size of the first bag, then they just SCALE UP the size of the other 4 bags. For all we know, they already did this. Years ago. Who knows?

It's a moot discussion.
Edited by Bbqsauce on 10/4/2012 11:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/04/2012 10:00 AMPosted by Valshaw
ITT: People who know nothing about programming trying to tell Blizzard how to program.
I think my post was the most useful out of all of them.
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Warrior

Some of us do not know about coding. But, if they can spring a continent up out of nowhere than they can replace my backpack with a slightly bigger one.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
My Void bank is 100% full.
My normal bank is all 22 slot bags, and it too is full.
Half my inventory, which is all 22 slot bags and a 24 slotter, is always at least half full.
I have so many pieces of gear I keep for transmog, items that aren't obtainable anymore, and nostalgia items, that I need additional bag space!

You WANT additional bag space.

You NEED to vendor most of that trash.

We would really like to be able to buy more bank slots. If you played for 8 years you'd understand.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
DTK
There was a similar problem with code in Ultima Online.
I doubt it is much worse here, so I'm guessing they don't want to spend a week doing it when there are bigger things to tackle.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
10/04/2012 11:29 AMPosted by Thargas
Can anyone provide a link to a blue post on why the bag can't be updated to have more slots?

Yup. From ATD #3...

Q: Before Cataclysm launch, you talked about maybe giving the chance to players of increasing their main bagpack number of slots. Are you still having that in mind or did you forget about that idea? It has been 6 long years with the same bagpack! – Proenix (Europe [Spanish])

A: Believe it or not, it’s just technically challenging. The original backpack just wasn’t coded with expandability in mind, and bumping it up now carries the risk of losing players gear, which of course would be catastrophic. It’s still on the list, but it’s not as simple as someone changing a 16 to a 24.
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/166151-ask-the-devs-answer
s-3-ui/
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior

Captain Placeholder.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]