[A] <Proof of Demise>{25} Recruiting

90 Human Paladin
Proof of Demise is a level 25 alliance guild recently transferred to Bleeding Hollow, looking for drama free older gamers, as well as drama free, mature, younger gamers.

Objectives
To establish a viable raid group comprised of competent raiders able to down end game content without nerd raging and without drama. Currently we have some exceptional players leveling and getting gear, while waiting for the missing components to be plugged into place.

Our secondary objective is to create, train, and maintain a viable PVP group that will always answer the call when needed. Once that group has been setup, rated battlegrounds will be run regularly weekly. Arena teams can be setup on an individual basis and maintained by those that set the arena team up.

Raid nights will alternate weekly, as will RBG nights in order for everybody in the guild that wants to do both the opportunity to do so.

We currently have both crafting and gathering professions but will always welcome more of either type of profession.

We are a group of older gamers seeking other older, or at the very least, mature gamers wanting to find a permanent home on Bleeding Hollow. We require that you do have a fully functional ventrilo client, be well versed in the ways of your character class, and have the ability to optimize your class and spec to full potential. You must be able to keep up with any class and/or gear requirement changes that comes your way. While we do not have issues with helping others out, we do not cater to members that simply wish to be geared out by their guild. Members of our guild earn their purple pixels, they are not simply handed to them.

You can find more information and an application at:
http://pod-bh.guildlaunch.com
The website is updated constantly, and most information concerning raids and/or rbgs will be found there. Thank you for your consideration, hope to see you in game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
^^bump^^
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I will never get used to these forums being so active!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Hi, are you guys looking for healers to raid? And what days and times do you guys raid?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Hello Shumai,

Due to the fact that we're all older and the vast majority of us have jobs, our raid days will vary weekly, however, the days that we'll be raiding will be posted at least 2 weeks in advance for enough notice. We are all actively attempting to secure specific nights off, and we're all trying for tue and thur nights. Unfortunately, I can't make any promises that will without any doubt be our main raid nights. To answer your other question though, yes, we are actively recruiting for any and all classes and specialties. And we will be raiding after 9 pm server time each night in order for the majority of our players to be able to make it online, as most of our players are either central time or mountain time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
holy bat tirds batman, page 2 in less than 12 hours!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
bump bump bump for pete's sake
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
we're still heeeeeeeeeeeeeeere! muahahahahahaha
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Druid
Just thought I would say hello and make sure this doesn't die :D *pats self on back*
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
*pats thorn on the back*

thanks for the assist!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
For being one of the better populated servers, I find it quite disheartening that there are not more older players here contacting us for raiding and pvp purposes.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
"Hello Shumai, Due to the fact that we're all older and the vast majority of us have jobs, our raid days will vary weekly, however, the days that we'll be raiding will be posted at least 2 weeks in advance for enough notice. "

I'm not looking for a guild, but I read your thread, and just speaking as a fellow older gamer, the quote above would turn me off of joining you guys. I have a job and I'm married, but I don't want a rotating raid schedule; I see no reason why adults can't designate set days/times per week for raiding. I imagine that many others likely share this viewpoint and would rather 'cross off' every tues/wed/thurs (for example) rather than play musical chairs with raid nights. It also appears that you guys have not even begun raiding, so when faced with a combination of unpredictable raid nights and no progress as of yet, it probably affects people's desire to sign up when there are already so many other raid guilds here.

I wish you guys the best of luck.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
"Hello Shumai, Due to the fact that we're all older and the vast majority of us have jobs, our raid days will vary weekly, however, the days that we'll be raiding will be posted at least 2 weeks in advance for enough notice. "

I'm not looking for a guild, but I read your thread, and just speaking as a fellow older gamer, the quote above would turn me off of joining you guys. I have a job and I'm married, but I don't want a rotating raid schedule; I see no reason why adults can't designate set days/times per week for raiding. I imagine that many others likely share this viewpoint and would rather 'cross off' every tues/wed/thurs (for example) rather than play musical chairs with raid nights. It also appears that you guys have not even begun raiding, so when faced with a combination of unpredictable raid nights and no progress as of yet, it probably affects people's desire to sign up when there are already so many other raid guilds here.

I wish you guys the best of luck.

I would love nothing more than to be able to say "oh yeah we're going to raid on tue and thur nights come hell or high water. The fact of the matter is, if I did, it would be a lie. Some of us that work have the misfortune of having rotating schedules, which unfortunately has us working some tue and thurs and sometimes not, Hence, the reason for the 2 to 3 weeks advance notice towards raid nights. Until we can either get set schedules or, even better, find better jobs with set schedules, we would prefer not to lie to people and tell them it's going to be one way or the other.

As for the no progress yet, believe me, I'm not happy about that either, and am in the process of addressing that issue also. Thank you for the well wishes!!
Edited by Ðarkknight on 10/11/2012 11:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Indeed, good luck, but I do think it is the rotating schedule that is likely your largest impediment. It's nice that you try to cater to a particular (and usually under-served) demographic, though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Oh I know, and believe me when I tell you it's not something we WANT to have to do, but unless a few of us can nail down SPECIFIC days off, we're just a little screwed unfortunately.

I am currently looking for another job but I'm about to submit a change of availability with my current job and do my dead level best to get specific days off.

But, it doesn't look like this is going to be that much of a problem, at least not as much of a problem as me watching my chat box. I have had individuals messaging me in game while I'm out questing or running battle grounds or helping others in the guild and have been missing their messages. I managed to catch 5 or 6 of them last night, and 3 of them told me they've been messaging me for a week or more and I've been missing the messages!!

So if you have contacted me in game, and I have not responded, please accept my apologies. I'm not one to watch my chat box if I'm in a battle ground or if I'm doing anything as mentioned above. I was completely floored last night with so many people contacting me but it was great to hear from all of you, and I look forward to further discussions. I will be updating the guild website as well with what we currently have and what we need so we can get going for those of you who asked me about that last night.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
http://pod-bh.guildlaunch.com

Guild's website has been updated with what we currently have for those of you asking about it last night. Go by and check it out, and we'll talk more in game or in vent.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just had a great chat with a couple of you, looking forward to seeing you guys in action!!

My nephew "Coldflesh" is the guy you hard core pvpers want to talk to. He enjoys pvping in a big way.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
last bump before heading to the hell hole, I mean, heading to work, hope to catch some of you in game again!!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
bump
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]