gating raid finder

90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/05/2012 11:04 AMPosted by Ninjablaze
But I guess the only reason that I actually had officers from guilds getting server firsts consistently through 3 expansions, and had a guaranteed raid spot in one of the very few guilds to clear heroic T11 before the first patch, but I didn't want to go horde, was just cuz I was bad and wanted to be carried, so they wanted to carry me, right?

Translation: I accomplished absolutely nothing in the past expansion so here is a story which cannot be proved one way or another because all the real evidence that other people can see points strongly against my point.

Besides heroic raids, no idea what's going on with heroic ToC and everyone having kills on heroic... probly counting the 5 man or something... Clearing content while it's relevant, on a pally that's always been ret (it takes a good guild to have ever been that lucky guy back in BC). You can also see exactly where that guild fell apart near the end of Ulduar in wrath. I took some time off during ToC, what I did in there on heroic was in some "pugs", basically helping some friends gear their guild to get ready for ICC. You can see where I actually joined that guild since the wings getting cleared on heroic were on the same day (25m). After they got Light of Dawn, they quit raiding until cata, during that time off I pretty much completely retired from raiding because of a 3-11 job. I'm only just starting to get back into it now, once a few more people hurry up and get to 90 in my guild.

You can follow my history if you want. Started as Telsara, and then Sskzins in Ashes of Alar on Akama. I'm not giving any names of who was constantly bugging me to get into their guild on that server, but there's not that many guilds that were above AoA, and at the time it was their main tank, their priest officer, one of their shadow priests, their elemental shaman, a resto druid, their pally tank, the rogue / shaman that pretended to be a girl for an entire expansion, and one of the raid leaders. Not sure who still plays. Second Generation was my guild on Frostwolf, who got their LK kill while I was playing pool instead of raiding, they transferred to horde to merge with Astral and that's where I stayed alliance.

I've never failed to impress, that's why I'm so willing to actually show that warrior and shut him up. I'm not making empty claims, I'm ready to back it up. I don't need to be carried, I just made a choice to not commit to raid schedules.

And onto him, LFR would only be a requirement if you make it a requirement. If you're the type of player who sees the game where you should get every upgrade available to you, you're going to do it, regardless of if LFR is released tuesday or the next week. You're not realistically going to be in full epics after only 1 week of raiding.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
I've never failed to impress, that's why I'm so willing to actually show that warrior and shut him up. I'm not making empty claims, I'm ready to back it up. I don't need to be carried, I just made a choice to not commit to raid schedules.

You're not impressing me
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Robokapp
Gating the stuff does absolutely nothing, except for be a pointless wait

and this extends subscription time.

It would only work for the beginning of an expansion, but thats also the time they are least likely to gate LFR since they want its draw to help sell the game.

If the LFR is gated say a month after 5.2 and if someone were interested in LFR but not subscribed why would they not just wait a month to resub. It does nothing for retention other than shift it a month.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm not even going to do LFR, the chance of an upgrade isn't worth dealing with the mouth breathing mob of messy mongoloids that meander through it every week.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
10/05/2012 05:03 PMPosted by Sarosha

and this extends subscription time.

It would only work for the beginning of an expansion, but thats also the time they are least likely to gate LFR since they want its draw to help sell the game.

If the LFR is gated say a month after 5.2 and if someone were interested in LFR but not subscribed why would they not just wait a month to resub. It does nothing for retention other than shift it a month.

luckily it IS the bgining of an expasion.

chase that carrot. It's getting released in a week or two...ooops...unpredictible delay. so sorry. maybe next week.
Reply Quote

luckily it IS the bgining of an expasion.

chase that carrot. It's getting released in a week or two...ooops...unpredictible delay. so sorry. maybe next week.

THe first time they could actually do this would be the start of 6.0

They already have the raid releases set in stone at this point.

Nice try though, good effort.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
10/05/2012 06:11 PMPosted by Sarosha
They already have the raid releases set in stone at this point.

Hand on Dial

Had to
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Main reason I imagine they're gating raid finder is to limit the more serious raiders.

Since anyone wanting to raid seriously is going to be trying at doing normal mode right now, and getting LFR gear should be relatively easy, which would make doing the normal modes easier.

By making LFR take longer to get they're holding the people back that are wanting to do the normal modes, which is probably blizzard's goal. So even though they're kinda taking a dump on the casual types wanting to just do LFR, they're probably more concerned about making sure people aren't just dominating normal mode vaults too soon.
Reply Quote
Main reason I imagine they're gating raid finder is to limit the more serious raiders.

Since anyone wanting to raid seriously is going to be trying at doing normal mode right now, and getting LFR gear should be relatively easy, which would make doing the normal modes easier.

By making LFR take longer to get they're holding the people back that are wanting to do the normal modes, which is probably blizzard's goal. So even though they're kinda taking a dump on the casual types wanting to just do LFR, they're probably more concerned about making sure people aren't just dominating normal mode vaults too soon.

One week is a pretty mild gate.

I have no problem with a week.

if it was a month and I wasnt in year contract, I would have waited to buy mists.

If they gate LFR by more than a week, Ill just unsub and wait for the ungate.
Edited by Sarosha on 10/5/2012 8:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

One week is a pretty mild gate.

I have no problem with a week.

if it was a month and I wasnt in year contract, I would have waited to buy mists.

If they gate LFR by more than a week, Ill just unsub and wait for the ungate.

They are kinda gating it more than a week. They're only letting half the instance be in LFR next week, they'll open the other half the week after that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]