Feng the Accursed epicenter "interruptable??"

97 Tauren Druid
Hey guys, just finished tonight's raid and im trying to figure out HOW you interrupt his epicenter, i interrupted it once but it was mostly luck, anyone here consistently interrupt it every time? Im stealing his Lightning Fist and using it while hes casting epicenter but its still not working >=(
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Lightning Fist, not Lighting Lash?

Cause fist definitely interrupts epicenter.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
The fight is buggy. I don't think you can interrupt each one, but you should be able to interrupt most.

In our three raids this week we had two where he was not casting lightning fist. We actually had a couple attempts where we had to stack for 3 straight epicenters because he never cast it. Normally wouldn't be a problem, but since we were raiding with half mains/half alts it made the DPS check incredibly annoying for melee.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
wasn't able to interrupt any in 25m for whatever reason
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
You steal Lightning Fist (this means the MT or whoever you have used Reversal on must get hit by it). In our experience this throws off P3 timers for Resonance/Velocity however making P3 a crapshoot. Would not recommend
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Our raid alternated between using Nullification Barrier, then using a stolen Lightning Fist stun to break the next cast of Epicenter, then Nullification again, and so on.

Occasionally due to RNG we would not have a stun up, but we just ran away from Feng and popped a healing CD.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Easy, soak one with the bubble, then have the offtank take a lightning fist, mimic it with reversal, and use it on the boss when he casts. You can avoid 100% of the epicenter damage this way.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
been trying for 30 mins and i keep getting lash. timers are dumb.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
got 1.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Make sure not to tank him against the wall. you need to leave room for your tank to get hit by the fist for it to be absorbed.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
If you don't want to get lash, make sure youre tanking when coming back from epicenter, your offtank stacks on you, feng casts lightning fist, you move but he takes it, and you steal it. He shouldn't have the lash debuff if you do this. I've successfully stunned feng every 2 epicenters this way.
Reply Quote
97 Tauren Druid
when we've done it ive got the lightning fist but when i use it on him while hes casting it (before channeling) nothing happens he just keeps casting
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
You have to be getting lash then because fist will stun. The icon of the spell after you absorbed it, was it a Lightning bolt?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Is using lightning fist to interrupt epicenter the intended strategy?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Well when we weren't interrupting it due to my inept ability, they were using healing cd's for every other one. We found this to be a problem later because healers were running oom by the 20%.

You should be able to null/innerupt/Healing CD (because you want to have Null up for first drawing flames.) That is if your dps is good enough to get only 3 quakes.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
10/05/2012 08:08 AMPosted by Doubledare
Is using lightning fist to interrupt epicenter the intended strategy?

Its certainly doable without but interrupting epicenter is a huge dps increase for everyone. Without interrupting epicenter everyone only has about 70% dps uptime in p1.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
this seems like an exploit in the way you're completely avoiding a mechanic, or may be I'm just mad I never thought about it but this really doesn't seem intended.

also it sounds like someone without lighting lash will need to be used to mimic the spell or else you'll mimic the debuff.

10/05/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Nastirr
We found this to be a problem later because healers were running oom by the 20%.

ISn't this isupposed to be the point of the fight, it seems like a healer fight.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
nope
and nope it's a tank fight
Reply Quote
72 Tauren Paladin
10/05/2012 11:45 AMPosted by Cerberus
this seems like an exploit in the way you're completely avoiding a mechanic, or may be I'm just mad I never thought about it but this really doesn't seem intended.

Quite the opposite actually. Look at the achievement for Feng.
Edited by Mungoyoyo on 10/6/2012 6:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
you can also steal flame spear and arcane velocity which do alot of damage :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]