WW Monk Buff - PvP - How to Fix

90 Pandaren Monk
Touch of Karma: Cooldown reduced by 15 seconds, Fixed to redirect all damage to target for 10 seconds.
Tiger Palm: Damage increased by 25% and armor penetration by 5% per stack.
Blackout Kick: Damage increased by 10%
Rising Sun Kick: Damage buff increased by 10%
Roll: Will no longer roll further then 2 yards behind current offensive target.
Flying Serpent Kick: Now locks on to offensive target, in addition to snare also stuns for 1.5sec (No DR)
Chi Wave: Now will only heal the monk if DPS/Tank Stance, and will heal the closest ally if in Heal Stance or the Monk, whoever is closer.
Leg Sweep: Range increased by 2 yards.
Fists Of Fury: Now deals full damage to all targets but is unable to crit if hitting more then one target.
Touch Of Death: Cool down reduced by 15 seconds.
Glyph Touch Of Death: Only increases cool down by 45 seconds.
Zen Flight: Now scales to current trained flight speed.
Disable: Energy cost reduced by 5.
Added - Spear Hand Strike Glyph: Reduces cooldown by 3 seconds
Zen Meditation: No longer channeled ability, has 1 second cast and provides a buff, if struck by a melee attack the buff is removed and the melee attack is paralyzed.
Transcendence:Transfer : No longer has a cast time.

Just what I thought of so far, not sure how it would work out I am no expert nor do I claim to be, and I am also not level 90, all input welcome. Suggestions Please.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Few things, i'll start with i'm not 90 so.... I have no clue what i'm talking about.

But what does zen flight have to do with pvp?

Are you saying zen med should paralyize people who strike you during it, like a damage reduction ability for your whole team, who you can run around and do stuff like dps/fun/kite/flagcarry that will cc people who try to do something to you?

FSK into a charge would more then likely reduce its ability to use it as a quick move, because you'd either have to target somebody, or it would autotarget somebody close (lordie i hope not blizz's autotarget is scary)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I just added the zen flight in there because it is one of the things that seems bugged.

I would rather zen med not make you just stand there and channel for 8 seconds.. cast it once and keep on running, and it reflects 5 spells for your whole team total, and if you get hit in melee it then paralyzes that attacker.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
What we need is a fear break. There are so many fears in pvp now.

That and a root break. Fears and Roots = dead. C'mon, stuns do that enough already!
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
we have a root break with Tiger's lust. First tier talent. Works just like pally freedom
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
For roll it's just going to be like disengage for hunters. You have to learn how far it goes and how to gimp its' range.
IE if you jump and at the start of the jump you cast, you go X yards - Y yards
if you jump and at the middle of the jump you cast roll, you go slightly further than the above. But still shorter than a single cast on flat ground.

Edit: as for the damage changes you're proposing they would buff pve damage wayyy to much imo.
15% armpen buff to tiger palm is huge considering it works exponentially (think back to mid wotlk when phys dps were arpen stacking)
Edited by Briyan on 10/4/2012 2:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
add a 15 percent movement, we don't need stuff like fear break, what we need is blizzard to balance other classes that are out of line.
Edited by Mistfallen on 10/4/2012 2:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
10/04/2012 02:16 PMPosted by Ibukì
we have a root break with Tiger's lust. First tier talent. Works just like pally freedom

If it worked like freedom it would be good, but it only breaks you out of a root, it doesn't stop you from being rooted again sadly.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
We can't guess how far it goes because sometime the roll critics and we roll so much longer .
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Yeah i'm going to a movement speed enchant on boots that's for sure, just went 15:1 and #1 dmg in a bg, but we were winning so that isn't hard, just concerned about arenas .

what we need is blizzard to balance other classes that are out of line.

Agreed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
10/04/2012 01:47 PMPosted by Palepanda
Touch of Karma: Cooldown reduced by 15 seconds, Fixed to redirect all damage to target for 10 seconds.

are you high

PEBKAC

Flying Serpent Kick: Now locks on to offensive target, in addition to snare also stuns for 1.5sec (No DR)

This wouldn't solve the problem with FSK. I would instead suggest that they make it so that it does what it says it does in the tooltip.

Chi Wave: Now will only heal the monk if DPS/Tank Stance

No.

Wow, the first suggestion that made sense. Congratulations.

You clearly don't play any other melee classes.

Are you seriously having a problem with people interrupting transcendance?

SERIOUS RESPONSE: All that Windwalker needs to be good is a slight damage boost and maybe a small buff to Expel Harm.
Edited by Rollman on 10/4/2012 2:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk

SERIOUS RESPONSE: All that Windwalker needs to be good is a slight damage boost and maybe a small buff to Expel Harm.

And for other classes to get nerfed. Boomies/Spriests healing as much as healers in their DPS form, Warriors almost globaling people, Mages, hunters almost globaling people better than warriors, Pallies healing for much more than we do, but not as much as Boomies/spriests, but with better damage mitigation...

I could go on and on, lol.

Maybe a reduction on Karma if they don't give us better tools to stick to a target so we can use our awesome auto attack DPS (Serious on this bit)
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
10/04/2012 02:36 PMPosted by Rollman

are you high

PEBKAC

This wouldn't solve the problem with FSK. I would instead suggest that they make it so that it does what it says it does in the tooltip.

Chi Wave: Now will only heal the monk if DPS/Tank Stance

No.

Wow, the first suggestion that made sense. Congratulations.

You clearly don't play any other melee classes.

Are you seriously having a problem with people interrupting transcendance?

Really, you know all this already, by your 63 HKs and your going 3-16 in 2s/ 0-6 in 3s.... Seems like in your case more than just a little dmg buff and buff to expel harm are needed.
Reply Quote
41 Blood Elf Rogue
Also,

1. Transcendance: Transfer give a movement speed buff and remove root/slow
2. Lower cooldown on Expel Harm
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/04/2012 02:27 PMPosted by Mistfallen
add a 15 percent movement, we don't need stuff like fear break, what we need is blizzard to balance other classes that are out of line.

So true, heck only DKs, Warriors and Enh Shaman have fear break. Every other melee does not.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I am just getting rocked on my monk in pvp i dont have any gear and thats understandable but really 130k chaos bolts.

IMO u need a glyph for jab. 1 jab gives you the armor reduction but puts it on a 2-3 sec cooldown. this way u have to use jab and expel harm as chi generators.. which u should be doing.

why this? well if i can jab once get my debuff and get 2 chi then i can black out kick or RSK and the cooldown on jab should be back up after i use 1 attack. The only reason to spam jab as it is, is to get the debuff up fast.

And boost the damage on jab its really bad.

IMO we have alot of tools in our backpack but they just dont work very well. Alot of aiming involved for us. Our snare and root are way less powerfull then other classes and u end up spamming that just so u can try and keep on someone.

got my gloves and my chest now on my monk so ill see how i like the extra 5 yards on FoF.

I got alot more issues but I want to pratice alot more get some macros working and see if its just that i am not used to all the new lvl 90 spells from other classes and dont know how to counter or is this toon as bad as I think it is.

I pvp exclusively I had 14 85s over 2 accounts so Ive played every class at 85 in pvp so I want to make a vaild assesment of the monk but I feel like I need time to figure somethings out and get better gear. But if I am still getting rocked by 100k hits in bg's and still cant pull off anything bigger then a 40-60k hit then theres deffinately a buff that needs to be added to fix the problem.

ps and sparing well thats a cr@p talent.. when does anyone hit you head on in pvp?
Edited by Shamblastic on 10/5/2012 10:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I am just getting rocked on my monk in pvp i dont have any gear and thats understandable but really 130k chaos bolts.

IMO u need a glyph for jab that 1 jab gives you the armor reduction but puts it on a 2-3 sec cooldown. this way u have to use jab and expel harm as chi generators..

why this? well if i can jab once get my debuff and get 2 chi then i can black out kick or RSK and the cooldown on jab should be back up after i use 1 attack. The only reason to spam jab as it is, is to get the debuff up fast.

And boost the damage on jab its really bad.

IMO we have alot of tools in our backpack but they just dont work very well. Alot of aiming involved for us. The snare and root are way less powerfull then other classes and u end up spamming that just so u can try and keep on someone.

got my gloves and my chest now on my monk so ill see how i like the extra 5 yards on FoF.

I got alot more issues but I want to pratice alot more get some macros working and see if its just that i am not used to all the new lvl 90 spells from other classes and dont know how to counter or is this toon as bad as I think it is.

I pvp exclusively I had 14 85s over 2 accounts so Ive played every class at 85 in pvp so I want to make a vaild assesment of the monk but I feel like I need time to figure somethings out and get better gear. But if I am still getting rocked by 100k hits in bg's and still cant pull off anything bigger then a 40-60k hit then theres deffinately a buff that needs to be added to fix the problem.

Different classes work in different ways. Some classes can do 100k+ damage in one hit, some classes do their burst damage with smaller hits and crits (i.e. Rogue)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
[quote]

Different classes work in different ways. Some classes can do 100k+ damage in one hit, some classes do their burst damage with smaller hits and crits (i.e. Rogue)

you must have missed the part where I said I had 14 85s and have pvped exclusively. I know how classes work. every class has a big set up and a whomp thing they do, but if in my whomp phase i am not pulling the 100k + damage then theres an issue. B/C as it stands now all the class are getting their big burst in their whomp phase and we are not.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Tiger Palm: Damage increased by 25% and armor penetration by 5% per stack.

You really really have to think about PVE when making changes... WW is fine in PVE so a 75% damage boost would make them #1 by quite a lot >.> However, I do think making it not have stacks and costing three chi (but still hitting for the same amount it does now) would go a long way towards helping Monk damage in PVP.

Touch Of Death: Cool down reduced by 15 seconds.
Glyph Touch Of Death: Only increases cool down by 45 seconds.

This ability can't even be used in PVP. Why would this need to be changed?...

Fists Of Fury: Now deals full damage to all targets but is unable to crit if hitting more then one target.

Monk AoE is already fairly powerful, this would just make it too powerful.

Yes. OMG yes.

It doesn't need a CD reduction. It needs a cost reduction. It should cost 10 energy max for WW.

Zen Meditation: No longer channeled ability, has 1 second cast and provides a buff, if struck by a melee attack the buff is removed and the melee attack is paralyzed.

That would remove the point of the ability and it's flavor as well as making it too powerful >.>
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The one huge major problem is we can't get the armour pen stacks in pvp which basicly means our pvp damage is gimped I think maybe using the 3chi might be ok but it will just make weaving in fist of fury etc super hard thus not desirable instead if it were given range so we could just use it at range say 50 yards and maintain the buff maybe just refresh the buff when used more than 10 yards away and not do any damage and that should be much more reliable and should almost leave pve unhtouched.

The fact that any ping over 100 is effecting ww pvp is a bit of a worry
Cause as of now it causes fof ,fsk, sfb all to just be very risky and only rewarding if u have a great ping as ur pretty close to the server for a huge grp Aussies,middle east that's nearly impossible so i hope there are some thoughts on it.

For me i think fof should only activate when we have target selected in range like all other classes.
Fsk maybe also something similar
As having only one class which has to aim so many skills doesn't suit current wow gameplay where all other classes have a free select target and fire option .
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]