Monk PvP, what do you think so far?

90 Orc Monk
10/05/2012 09:34 AMPosted by Altoholic
Had the class launched without player feedback, many of these issues would have happened anyway. Remember when dying as Unholy brought you back as a Ghoul? I avoided so many repair bills that way, and the QQ from PvP players was enormous.

Lmao I do remember this. I also remember when pestilence initially spread it's diseases there was an initial burst of dmg on each target it spread to.

I had Alot of fun as Unholy till they made all the changes. I'm not fond of how SS works either now.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
10/05/2012 08:22 AMPosted by Bruceleesin
dont suck and you do good, suck and you get rolled simple, monks in my opinion have a very high skill cap

Would you say higher skill cap than all other melee

(Retribution, Feral, Enhancement, Arms, Fury, Frost DK, Unholy, Assasination, Subtelty, etc.)?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Seriously read the other 20 million threads about it................

Our damage isn't amazing. Our CC is very lackluster and we have poor survivability.

lmao I'm in !@#$ gear and watched a 90 pally pretty much kill himself with ToK? Lackluster CC

We have tons of capable CC you just don't use it. Blossoms,Disable,FDK,Disable again for root. Paralysis. FoF can be a form of CC as well as Leg Sweep line it up right and you'll do well...

How is it lackluster to have a ranged root on top of a hamstring that completely roots people with NO CD.

No Survivability? Expel Harm low !@# CD that heals for almost 1/4 of your hp, with another option to chose a secondary heal on top of that. Not to mention Dropping a heal sphere as you run forward etc. Not to mention a Pally freedom aka Tiger's Lust?

Touch of Karma is insane, and Fortifying Brew is pretty beasty in itself. The only thing I'm not impressed with is the on Demand burst/PvP dmg but people are saying the damage portion gets better with the PvP gear.

As far as the on Demand burst goes we have it better then most classes Tiger's Brew can be popped twice where as most classes are waiting 3 minutes+ hell thats several Tiger's Brew popped...

You are so full of $hit its not even funny. Expel harm healing for 1/4 of my hp wtf you smoking, it heals for 24k at lvl 90. Last I checked I dont have 100k hp. I have 350k which is less than 10% nice try dude.

Touch of Karma is nice but once people start actually paying attention to ToK it will suck, anyone with a brain will stop dpsing for the few seconds its active then go right back to kicking your butt.

Healing spheres, yeah love spending most of my energy for a 15k heal and not having any more energy to even jab. Great design there.

Blossoms are difficult to use in large scale pvp. Most of the time they hit someone else, or a pet or just miss entirely becaue the person can easily move out of the way. If they were heat seeking they would rock.

In conclusion I feel if they removed a few abilities from energy cost and chi and just put cooldowns on them WW monks would be fine in PvP somewhat. The only other problem we have is we have a lot less utility than other hybrids but we will see.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/05/2012 08:38 AMPosted by Renmori
How are Mistweavers holding up overall in pvp? I'm quite enjoying my low level experience so far.

Mistweavers are doing extremely well. We're probably the best single-target healer out there and we have a ton of control. The only thing is our heals are very easy to dispel, without any consequence. For battlegrounds we're outstanding; I've yet to try out arenas but I can't see us struggling there either.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I like it so far. I beat !@# 1vs1 because of the stuns/heals/disarms/karma/silence interrupt.

I score top 3 damage in random bgs most of the time.

The worst thing is the lack of a movement speed buff. That would be nice, and a little more burst, or make the burst easier to acquire by buffing tiger brew.

Self heals aren't terribly good either, but fortifying brew is awesome and you can karma/diffuse/zen med/disarm, as well as stun people often so it isn't that bad.

Fire blossom is awesome, it brings a lot of fun to the class as well because you get to aim it.

Roots are still a pain in the $%^ with the pvp set bonus, it would be nice if roll broke the root.

Most people are just really bad and probably don't use half their moves.

P.S

I welcome all the lowbie tears after reading this.
Edited by Mistfallen on 10/5/2012 2:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Cooldowns do not make a class... ToK is just as bad as Retaliation.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
As someone about as geared out as you can be at this point I'd say our issues are on demand burst and imo we need some sort of cd we can use while stunned or a passive defensive mechanic. If I'm free to kite/los I can live for a long time but once something connects I just die.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/05/2012 08:09 AMPosted by Altoholic
A majority of the people complaining do not have pvp gear.

A majority of the people playing don't have PvP gear. However unlike Cata, everyone has at least 40% Resilience without wearing a single piece of PvP gear. PvP Power will be important, but right now it is not make or break, and I suspect it won't until very high levels of play.

Barring nerfs/buffs from the Devs, what you see is what you get. PvP gear isn't going to make a massive difference until the middle or end of an expansion when the item level gap between the newbie and the veteran becomes less gap, more chasm. The issue with classes right now is mechanics, not gear.

I'm getting annoyed at all of these "I'm fine, you must suck" posts. Congrats, you're an exceptional player who could probably solo the entire match wearing greys with no talents and glyphs blindfolded in real life while you tell your cat what buttons to push. The rest of us mere mortals do have concerns, however.

QUOTED

FOR

!@#%ING

TRUTH
Reply Quote
82 Pandaren Monk
As a mistweaver monk I couldn't be more happy. Only level 56 but my goodness is this a joy to play. I have to admit that a monk is pretty vulnerable e.i no bubbles or plethora of hots to shield yourself but if you know what you're doing and get going man is it a blast.
Reply Quote
71 Human Priest
10/05/2012 09:34 AMPosted by Monkology
How are Mistweavers holding up overall in pvp? I'm quite enjoying my low level experience so far.

Mistweavers are holding up extremely well from the live streams I've been seeing. Hopefully we don't see a nerf.

I guess that how it goes sometimes you gotta just play the spec that is best for PvP at that time.

I have always enjoyed healing, but I just woulda liked to have the option of being a DPS monk and not feeling as if I am at a disadvantage.
Reply Quote
2 Tauren Shaman
I would compare it to Early WotLK hunter.

Our damage isn't amazing. Our CC is very lackluster and we have poor survivability.

There is a large skill-gap to be able to play it. It is by far, no FOTM class and without decent gear, your first week of PvP will be incredibly demoralizing.

But if you like a challenge. I certainly do. Then it's for you.

Early WOTLK surv hunters were FOTM and OP. Probably the only class that did anything against Pally/DK.
Reply Quote
Seriously read the other 20 million threads about it................

lmao I'm in !@#$ gear and watched a 90 pally pretty much kill himself with ToK? Lackluster CC

We have tons of capable CC you just don't use it. Blossoms,Disable,FDK,Disable again for root. Paralysis. FoF can be a form of CC as well as Leg Sweep line it up right and you'll do well...

How is it lackluster to have a ranged root on top of a hamstring that completely roots people with NO CD.

No Survivability? Expel Harm low !@# CD that heals for almost 1/4 of your hp, with another option to chose a secondary heal on top of that. Not to mention Dropping a heal sphere as you run forward etc. Not to mention a Pally freedom aka Tiger's Lust?

Touch of Karma is insane, and Fortifying Brew is pretty beasty in itself. The only thing I'm not impressed with is the on Demand burst/PvP dmg but people are saying the damage portion gets better with the PvP gear.

As far as the on Demand burst goes we have it better then most classes Tiger's Brew can be popped twice where as most classes are waiting 3 minutes+ hell thats several Tiger's Brew popped...

You have got to be fighting some pretty trashy players, i can take trash players without a problem, equally geared anything and its literally a cooldown fight, if i have all my CDs up i MIGHT survive, if i dont, im generally !@#$ out of luck and either have to stall or run.
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 02:07 AMPosted by Galdorria
I dont know what you all are doing wrong....I went up against a Monk (same guy twice) In arena. I was on my resto druid, in 2s with my destro lock friend. We both in full honor gear. And this WW just absolutely destroyed us. High burst coupled with very high self heals. His teamate was dead and he managed to heal himself in combat going from 50k hp back up too 250k in a matter of 2 seconds.

Arena at 86?

and also need a name or credibility is gone.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
They're alright, they have a few problems but, their damage is pretty good once you get gear.
Reply Quote
It doesn't feel like s5
we suck.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
i feel that monk pvp actually feels pretty good. i just think that we assume they're underpowered because we aren't overpowered. i'd sooner nerf hunters/warriors than buff monks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
10/05/2012 02:23 PMPosted by Sugarmists

Mistweavers are doing extremely well. We're probably the best single-target healer out there and we have a ton of control. The only thing is our heals are very easy to dispel, without any consequence. For battlegrounds we're outstanding; I've yet to try out arenas but I can't see us struggling there either.

Resto druids
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]