Best place to farm Motes of Harmony?

90 Gnome Warlock
11/03/2012 12:20 AMPosted by Pooz
I wish they weren't soulbound, as a gatherer I have yet to find any use for them.

Trade them in for golden lotus....send to an alchemist if you have one to make flasks or just sell them on the AH. It's better than nothing.

On topic.....isn't the drop chance the same for any mob after you hit lvl 90? I thought the chance got better as you leveled or are we just talking about locations for easily farmed mobs?

Maybe I'm dumb and not reading it right.

No, the higher the mob level the higher the drop rate. But only by 1% per level.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Theres a cave in kun lai that has little sprites near one keg cant remember caves name.With Aoe you can tear through the place best to try and los them though cause casters.Normal run 3-4 every hour depending on your damage low HP but lots of them when run over snowmounds and very decent respawns.loads of greens ransdom trash drops etc to DE vendor also.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
What I have found to be the best place for motes of harmony farming is right over in klaxxi daily grind areas. all of them, you can kill practically all mobs and have a drop % of average 30%. If you have the Gathermate2 Addon you can follow the path for Kyparite in klaxxi and all of the mobs you see next to them will drop motes. Hope this helps.

^_^ Treehuggah
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I have found they drop higher while killing mobs associated with the dailies. I am sure that it is intended that way to encourage people to do dailies.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Best method I use is to find mobs that will benefit me for cooking and farm them. Aside from using your personal farm to grow motes, this was the best method I found. I farmed beasts west of Half Hill and aside from getting motes, I stocked up rather well on Mushan Ribs and Wildfowl Breast which you can either sell, use, or redeem for Ironpaw Tokens.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
My favorite place to farm them is the pool of purity in 4 winds. The right most pool has a bunch of turtles there. Each has 110k hp and they respawn ridiculously fast. As a Boomkin I just doe each one and by the time they get to me they are dead and more have spawned.

Also as a side note to this, the raw turtle meat drop rate is very high as well and helps in getting lots of iron paw tokens.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Tillers rep is rediculously easy to gain. You get 50 rep (55 with guild bonus) just for picking a crop. I wasn't even doing any of the Tiller dailies beyond the one to plant a specific vegetable, and hit Revered no problem.

To get around the food versus harmony problem, make a point to visit the farm daily as you level up, growing food. And more food. And more food. By the time you're able to buy Harmony plants, you'll have a LOT of food, and you can ease off and just plant Harmony.

Though you may find by the time you're level 90 and are going to craft that epic, that you will have gotten enough Harmony from random drops.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
There are some mobs that have 10% or better drop rate, but most are single target quest bosses... most mobs have 8%.

So far it's up to good rng... I've had days with 3-5 full SoH whille farming and others within the same spot and time amount and couldn't get 10 motes.

The few locations mentioned in this thread are places to start, use wowhead.com too.

Use a Potion of Luck too.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
10/05/2012 06:07 AMPosted by Jeremaiah
I wish they weren't soulbound, as a gatherer I have yet to find any use for them.

Trade them in for Lotus and sell those or give to an alt that needs them.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
i've found that the imp-like creatures just east of guo-lai halls in the vale of eternal blossoms have a decent drop rate and are easy to farm. Only issue is other ppl farm that area a lot for chances of skyshards
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Level 90 mobs tend to drop them at a slightly higher rate I've noticed.

When I want to farm them, I've found the Hozen Cave in Jade Forest (the one you go to for the Cloud Serpent dailies) to be a great place to farm for them. The hozen drop them at a decent rate and respawn relatively quickly. I was able to farm 2 whole spirits in there in about 20 minutes.

I also like to farm the southwestern area of Dread Wastes. The crabs are a favorite because they also drop meat I need for cooking, but any of the mobs in that area have a decent drop rate and tend to respawn relatively fast. Also if you have good rep with the Klaxxi their enhancements make farming mobs in bulk in that area much easier. The other bonus here is that if you still need Klaxxi rep, all mobs in the area also have a chance to drop Dread Amber Shards. So you're basically farming three things you might potentially need all from the same set of mobs.

Hope this helps. I tend to just harvest Songbells at my ranch for the majority of my spirits. I have more of them than I really have much use for since the price of crafted Blacksmithing items has plummeted on my realm.
Edited by Vindicare on 11/5/2012 1:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
if you are a class that can tag everything the mobs for dailies in vale insta-respawn, people are pretty much forced to help kill them, and you can sell Alani eventually
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Key factors: level 90+, easy to group up for AoE, not too tough, decent respawn. The suggestions about using Klaxxi buffs and blowing through swaths of the Dread Wastes, or farming the daily quest targets in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms are both viable.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
I haven't noticed any place with a higher drop rate so I go to Zan'vess since the mobs re-spawn quickly thus you can mow through the kills.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I think it doesn't matter weather its soul bound or not I just hope the drop rate increases and about the tillers farming, It's still a long time, you get 2 spirits in 2 days that doesn't do much so the drop rate should increase as well as the harvest drops in my opinion and It should be account bound if they won't make it tradeable..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/05/2012 03:28 PMPosted by Darkestsign
I think it doesn't matter weather its soul bound or not I just hope the drop rate increases and about the tillers farming, It's still a long time, you get 2 spirits in 2 days that doesn't do much so the drop rate should increase as well as the harvest drops in my opinion and It should be account bound if they won't make it tradeable..

As long as you do dailies, you'll get motes. That plus the farmed motes = a lot. I've used a bunch for lotuses to make things and still have over 40 spirits of harmony (btw they need to stack higher).

The higher level ones drop far more motes (needed one spirit on my scribe to make me a fan and it took forever with 85~86 quest mobs).

Also try fishing the trash pools at DMF for sealed crates, they have Pandaria mats including motes.

The farming method may be "slow" but it's guaranteed with barely any killing involved (damned virmen!) It's 3 spirits in 2 days (16 x 2 = 32 motes).
Edited by Vixie on 11/5/2012 3:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
10/04/2012 09:47 PMPosted by Maleficorum
You have to be revered with tillers to get the special mote seed to plant...you will only get a mote not a full SoH.....so plan out well due to fact you need to grow vegs too for buff stat food for raids and whatever...and tiller daily quests.

ty, i guess i will just do heroics like blizzard wants. For sure is a shorter wait than wait to get revered with the tillers.

I guess crafting gear lost it's purpose into the game as being a "starter" gear.

if blizzard wanted you to do heriocs they would not have made it completely useless as it stands you can from leveling straight to LFR you can get valor caped without ever entering a raid goralon and sha of anger require virtually no gear each major faction offers epic item for getting exalted with them and you can buy 489 gear with valor this guy was 460 ilvl befor even entering a heroic
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
A bonus would be a mob such as turtles, for various quests, which respawn rapidly.

They can drop motes, as well as meat. The meat can be cold, or can be bundled in bundles of 20 (via the tillers vendor), for turning in for ironpaw tokens.

While getting my 40 to get the bell for Nomi, I bought any meat or fish which was sold in a stack of 20 for around 90 gold. By being patient, checking the stuff used for the cata recipes (except for viceclaw meat, which does not bundle into groceries) I often found some of a type being sold for the reasonable 80-90 gold for 20.
Reply Quote
68 Dwarf Warrior
If you're 90 tillers are the way to go.

If you want motes at 85, or anything less than 90, you find places with mobs that respawn as fast as you kill them. Any kind of mob works. Best are those where other aggro-ing mobs won't come by. Some at 85:

1. In the field outside the Horde starter town, kill Prowlers.

2. The field southeast of the Alliance starter town has orcs running through -- dozens per minute. But don't turn in the quest for killing them, or they stop.

3. Instead of helping the sprites in the quest The Sprites Plight (at 48/22), kill them.
Edited by Narisa on 11/24/2012 1:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/04/2012 08:14 PMPosted by Desidarius
south part of vale has a bunch of mogu that spawn pretty quick i get about 10 every 15 - 20 minutes

Took me about 30 minutes to just get 1 from these guys.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]