Arena Report - BM

90 Human Hunter
Did a few over 100 games tonight in arena - between 1900-2150mmr, faced teams from 1700s to 2400s.

I hate the game right now. Burst is retarded and unhealable, and hunters are at the forefront. Yeah, I've been a big proponent of not speaking out against hunter OPness right now, but it's silly. BW + Rabid + Lynx is strong and all, but that isn't the problem.

When you cast stampede, pet claws/bashes are hitting for about 30-40k crits all at once (5x35ish k, KC, lynx rush going, you get the picture). Popping stampede on a target means one of two things: It responds immediately and is able to heal through the damage, or it doesn't and you die.

I'm positive about this. Saw classes of all sorts global tonight, and was sad to see that hunter is among the worst because of the overwhelming ridiculous damage stampede is doing. Arena isn't about skill for the hunter class anymore, and I hate it. Our one viable pvp spec boils down to retardation surrounded by one buggy ability to keep pace.

Here's the sad part - even if everything came in line, and we got nerfed, its all around. I still get countered by comps to the point where it's an impossible match. Lock/Mage & SP/Mage are strong as hell. AGAIN. Warriors are pretty off the charts too - people getting globaled in one shockwave.

I realized today none of this is going to be balanced anytime soon...so I think I'm going to quit for a while until it does. My hunter isn't a hunter anymore. It's a piece of !@#$ that relies on one ability to one-shot other classes in a gimmicky way, and that isn't what I wanted to play. This season is a train wreck, and arena isn't even fun right now because of the gross imbalances of some of the comps and classes. Never thought I'd be "that guy" who walks out on the hunter class...but I don't play a hunter anymore. I play an assistant to my pets, who are unreliable and gimmicky. And that's just %^-*ed.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q5pb-fEQhs
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Stamped is what happens when Blizzard listens to forum threads.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
10/05/2012 03:39 AMPosted by Powerspawn
Stamped is what happens when Blizzard listens to forum threads.

no stampede is what happen when they listen to a blogger name frosthiem who got the community behind him.

the biggest thing the community suggested was duel range weapons.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
10/05/2012 07:30 AMPosted by Banard
he biggest thing the community suggested was duel range weapons.
Err... for balancing purposes plus the fact it wouldn't really provide any kind of unique and entertaining game play, I think several hunters were against this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I can't believe all this QQ going on. Just re-roll if your not happy. I feel the Hunter Class is pretty fun with some of the new mechanics. As for one shoting other classes I feel ppl are not playing there class correctly and of course your going to get stomped by a skilled hunter or lock, warrior, DK, or spriest. I seen massive amounts of damage being pumped out of these classes but yet you wanna QQ about hunters. Makes no sense what so ever. Locks chaos bolts are hitting for 160k+ on high resil targets.

Bottom line, if your not happy. Don't play. Simple as that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I can't believe all this QQ going on. Just re-roll if your not happy. I feel the Hunter Class is pretty fun with some of the new mechanics. As for one shoting other classes I feel ppl are not playing there class correctly and of course your going to get stomped by a skilled hunter or lock, warrior, DK, or spriest. I seen massive amounts of damage being pumped out of these classes but yet you wanna QQ about hunters. Makes no sense what so ever. Locks chaos bolts are hitting for 160k+ on high resil targets.

That's my point. It has nothing to do with skill anymore. It's faceroll burst that legitimately may be related to a bug with stampede. Glad that's....fun...for...you?

I understand how offensive it is that a hunter is coming on the hunter forums to voice an opinion on the state of hunters after a legitimate amount of experience with the class this season. Additionally, I will take your excellent and logically oriented advice of "don't play" into consideration whilst I hop in my time machine and teleport several hours into the past to remake my post and include a part about me quitting until things are balanced.

Aaaaaand done.
Edited by Return on 10/5/2012 8:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Ok I'm not at 90 yet so can someone describe PLEASE this damage rotation in detail that some of you vets are complaining about.

Also on another note, I can name a few classes they can nerf to but it'll fall on deaf ears.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
@Return. What about other classes crazy damage output. Do you not think warlocks and spriests are putting up outrageous numbers as well. I can't see how you are just pinpointing hunters ATM.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Dat Mage Burst.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
So I mentioned this in my first post - its a lot of classes right now - but hunters are definitely are the forefront.

BW/trinket/rabid macro, lynx rush, stampede - while typical kc/arcane/lynx rush auto attack damage is flowing after that, stampede literally hits for between 170-200k on the first hit. This is not including the damage after that - 3 seconds later, it hits AGAIN for that when all your pets bash/claw again.

So it's a commentary not just on hunters, but on arena in general right now. It's a broken !@#$mess that isn't any fun to play right now, because it's gib or be gibbed. It isn't about coordination or teamwork. It's about spamming your instant damage cooldowns (or popping your chain instant ccs) until stuff drops...if you don't know what I'm saying, you're not doin it right yet. I fraps a few last night, but am not at home to upload...these are some buddies from my server, all 8/8 geared, the other night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3ZsY53uC_4&feature=youtu.be

So thats pvp right now. Hunters aren't the finesse class they once were. Here's my point. Even if we won, it wasnt any fun. It was retarded, and felt like exploiting because taking someone from 75% to 0 in less than one global, which is what stampede does, is just stupid. I just don't want to play arena this season, because rating is being given away to people for pressing their faceroll button (the other hunter you see on my 3s team got his 1550, 1750, 2k achieves during our one session yesterday), and I don't see balance coming in any meaningful way until a long ways out...

So think I'm done for now. Just sad things were released in this broken %^- state.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage

That's my point. It has nothing to do with skill anymore. It's faceroll burst that legitimately may be related to a bug with stampede. Glad that's....fun...for...you?

I understand how offensive it is that a hunter is coming on the hunter forums to voice an opinion on the state of hunters after a legitimate amount of experience with the class this season. Additionally, I will take your excellent and logically oriented advice of "don't play" into consideration whilst I hop in my time machine and teleport several hours into the past to remake my post and include a part about me quitting until things are balanced.

Aaaaaand done.

Your on the Huntards forums what do you expect. I have not stepped into arena yet, but from what I have read, hunters are far to OP. I remember in early Wrath where explosive shot hit way to hard the first season, and as a former duelist hunter in BC, I was stomping people in way inferior gear prior to that nurf. It looks as though hunters are even in a more lame spot and this should get addressed quickly.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Your on the Huntards forums what do you expect. I have not stepped into arena yet, but from what I have read, hunters are far to OP. I remember in early Wrath where explosive shot hit way to hard the first season, and as a former duelist hunter in BC, I was stomping people in way inferior gear prior to that nurf. It looks as though hunters are even in a more lame spot and this should get addressed quickly.

I wish people would stop saying this and be more specific. Our burst is op, but our sustained damage is not. They don't need to nerf us damage wise. They need to spread this damage out and smooth out our burst.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
You know op you arent looking at the big picture. There are classes out there just as bursty or more than BM hunters. You want to be cannon fodder? And actually BM burst is very controllable, just people are too stupid to cc stun force the hunter into defensive. And BM has carp all for any sustained damage, oo a few seconds of burst that can be negated by a good player.

Frost mages are pure nasty atm what about them op? If you go look at the arena forum you will see just about every class listed as globaling someone in a burst down...and really globaling is the wrong word to use op.

To global means you take someone from full to zero in what is normally a 1.5 second cd or one shotting them
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I disagree that BM is op, they have a burst cycle that puts out lots of damage..then where are they? And even so this is the hunter forums you go get BM nerfed and you will still have those other op classes smashing your face in. I swear hunters are their own worse enemy, better look at the big picture. They want to tone down the damage under BW with cds blown , fine, just remember steady damage is weak all BM has going for it is its BW+cd burst
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
if you really think they are going to buff sustained for BM, when they nerf the burst fine..I have my doubts. I think hunters have a gimmick atm that is very powerful, when thats gone they will revert to low class on the totem pole

Oh and can we get a combat log of your burst against an equally geared player
Edited by Toxarís on 10/5/2012 11:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
stampede doesn't kill people

lynx rush kills people

stampede is only realy useful for healing, our burst is a mayor stack of cooldowns, specially double lynx with bw. Stampede doesn't add too much to the big picture.

I'd say you try to stack your team and your pets-summons to mitigate lynx rush.

I didn't have chance to try it yet but i'd like to snake trap right before I get lynx rushed by another hunter.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]