Arena Report - BM

90 Troll Hunter
10/05/2012 11:13 AMPosted by Bricke
Now apply your same logic to BM burst, and what have you got?

Not the same thing, because everyone has something they can do to mitigate (if not out right prevent) a fair portion of the burst, and there is time to react to it as it takes ~5-6 GCDs to get it rolling (not counting in any setup/CC effects you include, just the damage pieces).

Edit: Not claiming that BM burst is fine, just that it isn't to the point of, "boom you're dead".
Edited by Zulgaro on 10/5/2012 12:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
10/05/2012 10:52 AMPosted by Eponine
[quote="67933094468"]Frost mages are pure nasty atm what about them op?

These are the hunter forums, why would we be discussing the state of frost mages here? And people keep using the argument that "____ class is also OP so it's okay for us to be OP" nope sorry it doesn't work like that

It's hard not to talk about other classes, since for arena you HAVE to kinda use other classes as a comparison point to try and prove whether or not a class is overpowered in PvP, don't you?
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
Now apply your same logic to BM burst, and what have you got?

Not the same thing, because everyone has something they can do to mitigate (if not out right prevent) a fair portion of the burst, and there is time to react to it as it takes ~5-6 GCDs to get it rolling (not counting in any setup/CC effects you include, just the damage pieces).

Edit: Not claiming that BM burst is fine, just that it isn't to the point of, "boom you're dead".

yes it is. Ffs man, for the longest time I have been telling you to watch videos on hunter pvp (warrior/mage also do this btw) and yet you still refuse. Go watch some, go into arena yourself, and you will actually see how it is.

It is litterally -> match starts -> 8 seconds and 1,000,000 damage later -> match ends

No, this does not happen in every match, but it isn't uncommon.

*edt* Woops, confused you with another hunter I was having that conversation with in another thread. Post still stands though :P
Edited by Khanner on 10/5/2012 12:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
10/05/2012 12:24 PMPosted by Khanner
It is litterally -> match starts -> 8 seconds and 1,000,000 damage later -> match ends

During the 8 seconds, nothing could be done to:

- Silence hunter (no KC, LR, BS)
- Disarm hunter (no CS, AS, KS, TL)
- Stun/CC Hunter (none of above)
- AOE Root/Slow/CC the Stampede
- Clump up to mitigate LR
- Pop defensive cooldowns
- Pop mobility CDs
- Kill the (squishy) pet (not valid if they have the glyph)
- etc

So...in response to your claim that it is "boom you're dead" (which to me is an exaggeration), you do know when the hunter turns red, you still can push your buttons, right? (<- meant purely in jest +) )
Edited by Zulgaro on 10/5/2012 12:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
10/05/2012 12:30 PMPosted by Zulgaro

During the 8 seconds, nothing could be done to:

- Silence hunter (no KC, LR, BS)
- Disarm hunter (no CS, AS, KS, TL)
- Stun/CC Hunter (none of above)
- AOE Root/Slow/CC the Stampede
- Clump up to mitigate LR
- Pop defensive cooldowns
- Pop mobility CDs
- Kill the (squishy) pet (not valid if they have the glyph)
- etc

So...in response to your claim that it is "boom you're dead" (which to me is an exaggeration), you do know when the hunter turns red, you still can push your buttons, right? (<- meant purely in jest +) )

Watch some videos bro. Just go watch some vids. Here, ill even post a great one, it will even make you laugh its so funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-436SM4Rkxw

This is just one example of many, many vids available to watch depicting how imbalanced pvp right now is in general. Hutners, warriors, mages are all capable of doing this.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
This is just one example of many, many vids available to watch depicting how imbalanced pvp right now is in general. Hutners, warriors, mages are all capable of doing this.

Where are you Mage and Warrior threads?
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
10/05/2012 12:44 PMPosted by Adarant

Where are you Mage and Warrior threads?

Stop spamming threads, and stay on topic.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
10/05/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Khanner

You raised the topic of Mages and Warriors, not me. If Mages, Warriors, and Hunters are all capable of the same burst damage that you have a problem with, why have you not crusaded against them as well? Why just Hunters?
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
10/05/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Adarant

You raised the topic of Mages and Warriors, not me. If Mages, Warriors, and Hunters are all capable of the same burst damage that you have a problem with, why have you not crusaded against them as well? Why just Hunters?

I MENTIONED them in a post, along with hunters. I didn't just flat out start a new topic asking something completely irrelevant to the thread's topic, ie "where are your other threads in completely different forums about something completely different".
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
@everyone claiming this doesnt happen - which primarily looks like people with minimal arena experience/not at max level - yeah, it is "boom, you're dead". I posted a video earlier in this thread...there are many more out there on YouTube....I have fraps of it that I can upload once I make it home...

Stampede. Is. Bursting. For. 200k. Instantly. It makes the called Pete's bash/claw attacks (on a 3 sec cd) hit for 35-40k each.

I'm not blindly calling for nerfs, I really did 133 games of 3s at the listed mmr yesterday.

I'm not directing the nerf bat at hunters only, it's all over the place right now, but hunters CAN DO IT THE FASTEST. No, you can't really stop it. Popping BM breaks cc, stampede can be cast in the next global, target gibbed from the first hit if not the one immediately after.

Beyond that, it doesn't matter, because ARENA IS BROKEN...Moreso than it ever has been, and I've played every season except 6.

Hunters aren't a class anymore. All the skill, your 60+ keybinds, years you spent working out that perfect scatter trap, how to manuver, how to read other classes and react - all that doesn't matter anymore in a game where you can make a 1 shot macro that ultimately decides if you win or lose.

If you're a 1500~ player, don't worry, you'll have fun, and this really doesn't apply to you. But if you ever cared about hunters in decently ranked (2k+) arena, and rolled one because you wanted to master a class with a high skill cap, you're in the wrong place now - that doesn't exist anymore.

And the saddest thing is, even if it did, there would be no place for it in today's arena climate.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
10/05/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Return
Stampede. Is. Bursting. For. 200k. Instantly. It makes the called Pete's bash/claw attacks (on a 3 sec cd) hit for 35-40k each.

Are you sure there isn't a bug with Stampede pets or certain pets used during Stampede? I've seen in a few places that certain pets are bypassing Resilience. There haven't been many specifics given or hard evidence, but it wouldn't surprise me. The pets are spawned as guardians and not as true pets, so that could have something to do with it.

In a related note, could the Dire Beast pets be to blame here too? I know you haven't specifically mentioned it, but they also get the guardian treatment.

The kind of damage I keep seeing reported seems more like a bug than bad tuning.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior

Are you sure there isn't a bug with Stampede pets or certain pets used during Stampede? I've seen in a few places that certain pets are bypassing Resilience. There haven't been many specifics given or hard evidence, but it wouldn't surprise me. The pets are spawned as guardians and not as true pets, so that could have something to do with it.

In a related note, could the Dire Beast pets be to blame here too? I know you haven't specifically mentioned it, but they also get the guardian treatment.

The kind of damage I keep seeing reported seems more like a bug than bad tuning.

Bug/balance issues, what ever it is, it needs to get fixed. Had you actually partook in some pvp you would have noticed this a long time ago rather then just see "reports on it".
Edited by Khanner on 10/5/2012 1:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
How perfect would class balance have to be for people not to complain?
Perfection would still be whined about.
Even if balance is currently perfect everyone just hit 90 and does not know what they are doing. I don't know. They(Blizz) do not know. You don't know. We play and the problems are revealed and they hopefully fix them. Sometimes a problem is simply not figured out yet and there is no real problem.

Did anyone expect anything else this week?

I feel like I have to burn everything to hurt anyone and then a warrior slaps me down hard. It is a problem I have not figured out yet. I am ok with this. Also there is probably a larger gear disparity right now than there will be for the next year between people who are grinding bgs all day and people like me who cannot gear up that fast.

I for one Love It when I see an opposing hunter stampede. Disengage+narrow escape means your best cooldown is done and it is my turn. Any tool your class has to avoid melee crowd damage mitigates stampede.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
@Azii...Look...i dont mean to sound condescending...but I'm getting really sick of undergeared players who dont have their step into the arena achieve, which floors me, trying to tell me how i should have played it.

Please get on an arena team and go in there...try to experience what I'm talking about instead of talking out your !@#. You'll be dead before to hear the stampede horn, and yes, it's that quick.

And yeah, after this was brought up in the beta by several notable hunters (see: braindeadly), I thought it may have been looked at. All classes had great beta feedback - pvpers are some of the greatest nitpickers of all. Releasing this season in this state is irresponsibly dumb...and I feel like someone has robbed me of something I was really proud of...my hunter isn't a hunter anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
HI RETURN!!!

10/05/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Toxarís
And actually BM burst is very controllable, just people are too stupid to cc stun force the hunter into defensive

Everyone is just too stupid.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
The only thing BM has going for it is the Burst. They would need to balance it out with burst and sustain, if they only nerf then all 3 Hunter specs will be dead.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
I can't believe all this QQ going on. Just re-roll if your not happy. I feel the Hunter Class is pretty fun with some of the new mechanics. As for one shoting other classes I feel ppl are not playing there class correctly and of course your going to get stomped by a skilled hunter or lock, warrior, DK, or spriest. I seen massive amounts of damage being pumped out of these classes but yet you wanna QQ about hunters. Makes no sense what so ever. Locks chaos bolts are hitting for 160k+ on high resil targets.

Bottom line, if your not happy. Don't play. Simple as that.

That is one of the stupidest arguements I've ever seen. Ever. In my life. I'm serious, just stop.

Watch any full rank 1 team stream 3s, chances are every 15 minutes they get beat by double BM hunter/healer. Are you telling me that 6 time rank one players "just need to get better"? The fact that double BM healer is one of the strongest teams right now should be proof enough to you that hunters are ridiculous, and I'm sorry to tell you this, but talk to any 2400+ hunter, none of them, and I mean ZERO, will deny the fact that hunters are OP. If no good hunters deny it, and you're defending it, what does that make you?

And as far as people posting that hunters only have burst going for them... HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY BE SO BLIND? They have the best burst in the game currently, rivaled only by warriors, but they also have better CC then warriors by leaps and bounds (if you argue that you're a terrible player and you NEED to quit, honestly) and ontop of that they also have decent survivability. I don't even feel like I need to go indepth on any of those, if you know your class whatsoever you know it is true.
Edited by Mysteryz on 10/5/2012 4:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]