Arena Report - BM

90 Human Hunter
I played 3 hunters last season. I'm playing one this season- the only toon I'm playing in WoW - and I'm playing this one pretty infrequently. A lot of my time ingame is spent chilling in a place like Dalaran or Teldrassil where I like the vibe and music.

The class is the worst I can ever remember it. So is pvp overall.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
There are so many of you saying that damage is fine, and it's going against everything all the top hunters in beta worked for. They never wanted to be OP, and any time things were looking like hunters were going to dominate with a 1 button kill macro, they stood up on the forums to get it fixed. They don't want us nerfed into the ground.

I don't think you guys realize how bad the situation really is. I don't want to go through this entire expansion at the bottom of the barrel. Do what's right and research your damage. Find out exactly where it's all coming from and report it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/05/2012 11:13 AMPosted by Bricke
Instead of refuting quality points, why not offer different alternatives? Give Hunters the Paladin treatment; tone down their burst, buff their sustained.

I was with you till you said this. I parked my Paladin, because of the Pally up and down train. We don't want anything to do with the "Paladin Treatment".

I know what you meant though. Just a bad class example, because some of us former Paladin's are still a little bitter over that class.
Edited by Zouka on 10/5/2012 6:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/05/2012 06:54 PMPosted by Bricke
Last I played on my Paladin we were doing quite fine. I assumed they were still doing fine?

I still cap him out when a expansion comes along. I might pull him out of the garage, kick the tires a little bit and ride down the road and see what happens.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Who's forcing you to play BM? If you want to struggle in arena while others are OP go Marks or Survival. And all those same "others" have been OP in arena FOR YEARS! What is it about the hunter class that when blizz finally throws us a bone our own class is against it? It seems the "huntard" title is well deserved for this class.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
bm needs nerf
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/05/2012 07:07 PMPosted by Azraya
bm needs nerf

I like it. Short and sweet. Very profound statement.
Reply Quote
@Return Just checked out Braindeadly's stream for a bit and..point taken. Stampede is all kinds of broken.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
10/05/2012 12:41 PMPosted by Khanner

During the 8 seconds, nothing could be done to:

- Silence hunter (no KC, LR, BS)
- Disarm hunter (no CS, AS, KS, TL)
- Stun/CC Hunter (none of above)
- AOE Root/Slow/CC the Stampede
- Clump up to mitigate LR
- Pop defensive cooldowns
- Pop mobility CDs
- Kill the (squishy) pet (not valid if they have the glyph)
- etc

So...in response to your claim that it is "boom you're dead" (which to me is an exaggeration), you do know when the hunter turns red, you still can push your buttons, right? (<- meant purely in jest +) )

Watch some videos bro. Just go watch some vids. Here, ill even post a great one, it will even make you laugh its so funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-436SM4Rkxw

This is just one example of many, many vids available to watch depicting how imbalanced pvp right now is in general. Hutners, warriors, mages are all capable of doing this.

As much as i don't want to admit it...because we've been in such a bad place for such a long time, i think the problem is most of the Hunters are so sick and tired of being put on the back burner that we can finally destroy stuff and we're too blind to realize how stupid it is. That video made me laugh so hard though, like 6 minutes, i was dying...
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Still laughing...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
My main is the hunter that was playing with Return when we were doing 3's, running Ret 2Bm hunters.

For the most part, the Ret couldn't do much, doing around 300-400k dmg a game, to me and Return's 900k-1.2 mil dmg dealt if the healer managed to spam enough heals out.

Fact of the matter is, Intimidate -> Stampede can literally cause someone to get one shot.

In the Charge Dead video, there was a 42k claw crit if you looked close, which was as hard as one of the warriors abilities...

What you DON'T see, is that claw hit was duplicated x5.

Which means 210k dmg in a global... on top of whatever else is happening with lynx rush.

Pure and simple, BM burst is stupid, but dmg outside of lynx rush stampede, it's total GARBAGE.

Either OP or useless, sad story =/
Reply Quote
yo op before you say our burst is forefront take a look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hjhc02akNw&feature=g-hist
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
10/05/2012 11:18 PMPosted by Vuldros
Either OP or useless, sad story =/
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 10:27 AMPosted by Zouka
I wish people would stop saying this and be more specific. Our burst is op, but our sustained damage is not.

This.

Sick of all the trolls hopping the forums cause they're butthurt from the burst yet only crying about ''damage''. They cry about BM's damage , which , is , not , the , damn , problem. My hunter remains at level 85 cause i won't bother until i see what kind of nerf we get. Pve damage is already lackluster enough as it is , any damage nerf will push things beyond what's already not viable.
Reply Quote
12 Undead Hunter
The hunter community (if you want to call it that) is probably the worst one in the game. Quite possibly the least intelligent group of people ever to assemble to play a class in any game.

That is why a some what accomplished pvp player making a legitimate complaint about hunters whilst being one himself, is being argued with by people that haven't hit lvl cap, haven't done any pvp at 90, or haven't done pvp at all on their toon.

This happens in all class forums, but hunters are the worst offenders.

Warrior, Rogue, Mage, Druid, and Paladin forums say "Hi!"
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
coming from a warrior, BM hunters with stampede and lynx rush are beyond broken and would be surprised if they dont get nerfed

like, people still survive my stuff, mages as well, even without a healer... really nothing short of invulnerability that can stop the stupid mass pet attack

and even if you cc the hunter, its not the hunter that does any damage, its all pets, and its all unavoidable

the pets are...
immune to fear
cannot dodge or parry cause they auto attack from behind
hunter already has you stunned via intimidate forcing a trinket
hunter may also have a pet that can disarm you (or silence, etc)
Edited by Oldben on 10/6/2012 10:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]