BM Hunters hitting 45k bites and more!{PVP}

90 Goblin Hunter
10/05/2012 04:34 PMPosted by Shootitup
Wait...what? How?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Let people complain about this while they ignore what is truely OP. Pets seem to bypass armor at times, not sure why but it happens. It will get fixed. But if you think thats what makes hunters OP right now...I'll let you think that.
Edited by Saari on 10/5/2012 6:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Posted by Eponine
We've been in a good position for the entire last expansion.

Wait...what? How?

Where were you for a lot of the world parse's, and Jungle cleave lol... Hunters are bigger whiners now more so than Ret paladins( who actually had issues) . Your burst is 450k if you know how to use your Class, my burst is 280k if i know how to manipulate my Class and I do. I'm a multi Gladiator(I have the title right now, INB4 op comments is why) I've played 5 classes including hunter.
Doing double damage compared to other classes, higher Survival, Self heals for 30-50%(yes spirit heal scales with agility) , Readiness(Resets that massive burst so it can happen again), CC, Stuns, Silences, Disorientation... By those means you have everything in the bag given to you.

10/05/2012 04:09 PMPosted by Xarc
And the warriors with 110k dragon roars or the locks with 150k chaos bolts, or mages with 90k shatters dont need a nerf?

By that logic if you think that damage is OP, and your doing 400k + Burst combos telling every other class who does half your burst damage their op and need to be quiet, hunters are in a good place [Insert Trollface.jpeg].. You would have to be naive, stupid or you damn well know you're broken and wont admit it. Instead , You're probably telling yourself your skill level increased as of Mist launch
Edited by Âmaterasu on 10/5/2012 7:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
10/05/2012 06:44 AMPosted by Âmaterasu
Note: My standpoint is a PVE player who doesn't want his preferred spec to be nerfed to the gutter in PVE due to PVP imbalances. I have no problem with reasonable changes being made, but I would actually like to use this spec in PVE this time around.

To respond to this, I'm pretty sure it has to do with the 2 piece set Bonus given to PVP hunters, as It more or less has to do with Rapid fire [Rapid Intensity: While Rapid Fire is active your PvP power is increased by 3200.] Along with a few other factors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY
If it was the PvP set bonus, then MM and survival would hit like a truck, which they're not.

Honestly, I'm all up for reducing BM's damage, it's really !@#$%^- stupid how fast they can take somebody down by just popping all their CDs.
Every single arena match atm is HIT ALL MY BUTTONS AS FAST AS I CAN. OH THEY'RE DEAD ,GOOD.

BM needs a nerf, MM and surv need a buff, that's all.
Also, mages, locks, and warriors need a nerf as well.
Edited by Elarren on 10/5/2012 7:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Oh noes, a player using every last one of their cds can do good burst! nerf immediately!

Never mind the fact that the burst can be COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN with judicious use of survivability and cc abilities, as well as simple movement.

Honestly it's a beyond silly. I was originally not even going to post at all as I am not a pvper, but honestly BM is not this unbreakable juggernaut people make it out to be.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
10/05/2012 07:18 PMPosted by Stalkings
I am not a pvper

Everything you just said can be summed up to those 5 words.
Reply Quote
so, we can do strong burst by poping our CDs...

and other classes dont?

part of the reason our burst damage is strong is because our normal damage is not all that strong, outside of CDs, BM damage is mediocer
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
You guys do all realize that you can take away a hunter's bm right..? a priest can mass dispell and bye bye..no more bm for the hunter anymore..and yes this is an alt..but im just pointing out that there's ways to get around the bm..i personally have been killed by many classes as bm..such as boomkins (who can out survive me) or druid bears..and pally's as well..imo hunter's aren't broken at lvl 90. maybe in lower lvls they are but at 90 i've been killed by other classes no problem.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Oh noes, a player using every last one of their cds can do good burst! nerf immediately!

Never mind the fact that the burst can be COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN with judicious use of survivability and cc abilities, as well as simple movement.

Honestly it's a beyond silly. I was originally not even going to post at all as I am not a pvper, but honestly BM is not this unbreakable juggernaut people make it out to be.
Reply Quote
93 Undead Hunter
Every class is capable of doing stupid damage right now.

People just like to hate on Hunters, to see us put back to how we were in Cata: easily shut down by anyone with half a brain.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
BM needs a nerf, MM and surv need a buff, that's all.
Also, mages, locks, and warriors need a nerf as well.

Pretty much this. If they tone down BM, fine, but if they leave us crippled without ANY compensation, I'm tossing my hunter for good.

Marksman sucks, Survival sucks, and we're doing god-awful in PvE. If they nerf BM completely, Hunters will be the worst class in the game for PvP and PvE.

And yeah, Mages, Locks, and Warrior's need to be toned down as well. Warrior's with Avatar + Skull Banner + Recklessness + Trinket + Deadly Calm + Berserker Rage can do just as much damage, if not MORE damage than a Hunter with BW/Rabid/Trink/Lynx Rush.
Edited by Laurix on 10/5/2012 8:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Sadly Im fully expecting 3.08 all over again.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
10/05/2012 08:03 PMPosted by Laurix
And yeah, Mages, Locks, and Warrior's need to be toned down as well. Warrior's with Avatar + Skull Banner + Recklessness + Trinket + Deadly Calm + Berserker Rage can do just as much damage, if not MORE damage than a Hunter with BW/Rabid/Trink/Lynx Rush.

The difference between the classes you just listed and hunters is that mages, locks, and warriors have to remain at the keyboard (or at least in the general vicinity) to land a kill. As BM you can just pop your sick 1-shot macro and go make a sandwich... What's this?!? HE'S STILL ALIVE!!! jk prep and do it again...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
10/05/2012 08:31 PMPosted by Dispelme

The difference between the classes you just listed and hunters is that mages, locks, and warriors have to remain at the keyboard (or at least in the general vicinity) to land a kill. As BM you can just pop your sick 1-shot macro and go make a sandwich... What's this?!? HE'S STILL ALIVE!!! jk prep and do it again...

While I agree BM needs a nerf, you're just butthurt bro.
Go get some sun.
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 08:31 PMPosted by Dispelme

I play a priest too. I can see through your BS.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
Go get some sun.

There's no "butthurt" in anything I typed. In case you haven't noticed, I'm a shadow priest. I don't die to hunters 1v1, that doesn't make anything I said untrue.

10/05/2012 08:45 PMPosted by Metalfïngers

What BS would that be? Pop trinket+BM+Stampede and go make a sandwich, that's how it works, right?
Reply Quote
Go get some sun.

There's no "butthurt" in anything I typed. In case you haven't noticed, I'm a shadow priest. I don't die to hunters 1v1, that doesn't make anything I said untrue.

10/05/2012 08:45 PMPosted by Metalfïngers

What BS would that be? Pop trinket+BM+Stampede and go make a sandwich, that's how it works, right?

Maybe you die because you are busy making a sandwich when hunter attacks you.
Reply Quote
93 Undead Hunter
If BM hunters get nerfed, the whole class will just plain suck.

Then I'll have to go play my Mage because they are Blizzard's little baby princesses. And Warriors, the children who are all of the sudden loved by their parents and showered with presents and gifts.

Hunters, the red headed step-child who is only shown some affection maybe once a year for the sake of making them feel like they are kinda part of the family, only for it to be taken away in a very cruel manner.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
10/05/2012 09:05 PMPosted by Metalfïngers
Maybe you die because you are busy making a sandwich when hunter attacks you.

I see what you're gettin' at there. I don't make sandwiches though...that's the wife's job.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]