BM Hunters hitting 45k bites and more!{PVP}

100 Undead Rogue
10/05/2012 08:31 PMPosted by Dispelme
And yeah, Mages, Locks, and Warrior's need to be toned down as well. Warrior's with Avatar + Skull Banner + Recklessness + Trinket + Deadly Calm + Berserker Rage can do just as much damage, if not MORE damage than a Hunter with BW/Rabid/Trink/Lynx Rush.

The difference between the classes you just listed and hunters is that mages, locks, and warriors have to remain at the keyboard (or at least in the general vicinity) to land a kill. As BM you can just pop your sick 1-shot macro and go make a sandwich... What's this?!? HE'S STILL ALIVE!!! jk prep and do it again...

You do realize Warriors have a 1-shot macro as well, right? I already stated it in the same post you quoted.. And Mages just proc instant pyro then alter time -> pyro -> alter time -> pyro, yeah because that takes skill.

I do agree with you to an extent, BM is out of hand.. It's just what I said, though, if they completely gut the spec, Hunters have nothing left, because Surv/MM are complete trash.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
You do realize Warriors have a 1-shot macro as well, right? I already stated it in the same post you quoted.. And Mages just proc instant pyro then alter time -> pyro -> alter time -> pyro, yeah because that takes skill.

I do agree with you to an extent, BM is out of hand.. It's just what I said, though, if they completely gut the spec, Hunters have nothing left, because Surv/MM are complete trash.

You missed the entire point of what I said... Yes warriors are ridic, but if a warrior pops his swifty macro and goes to the kitchen to make a sandwich his character just stands there and looks like an idiot. If a hunter does the same thing his character also stands there and looks like an idiot, however his pets are running around prison %#*%%@%#@* everything in sight. See what I'm gettin' at now?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter

You missed the entire point of what I said... Yes warriors are ridic, but if a warrior pops his swifty macro and goes to the kitchen to make a sandwich his character just stands there and looks like an idiot. If a hunter does the same thing his character also stands there and looks like an idiot, however his pets are running around prison %#*%%@%#@* everything in sight. See what I'm gettin' at now?

Except they arnt, the big hitters require the hunter to press a button, kill command and blink strike are not auto cast.

Yes BM is broken atm- but crap like this just draws attention away from where the problems really are.- and kneejerk reactions to that smokescreen ends up with a repeat of 3.08.
Edited by Vaelkyri on 10/5/2012 10:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I would like to remind people These screenshots are done with Full Resilience from the perspective of a 7x Gladiator Hunter (5.0.5 PATCH). [Posting for him, as he is European and doesn't have Access to american forums he has a nerf post started on EU as well)

Blink strike does 500% more dmg than it's supposed to:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5585778982#new-post

Also provided Arenajunkies thread that all this was based off.(Clicking links outside of Battlenet is at your own risk, I won't be held liable.)
http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/231796-bm-damage-explanation/#entry3787019

Here are a couple reason why BM Should be Nerfed View the following Images, taken by someone At 2400 pvp rating[Currently] from Arenajunkies PVP Community forum.

http://i.imgur.com/Y65kg.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dYGLe.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JESYW.jpg <------{Match Lasted 8 seconds, he did 800k more Damage the all other players, In 8 seconds of the combat}

The following Images, show how Rediculous it is for an Experienced Hunter to play BM, and how much easier it must be for the Average Player to play.(Not just Completely easy per se, more Drape nut sac over keyboard hit random keys = PROFIT)

GTFO, ur so BAD.....QQ MOAR somewhere else please.....

for fk sake, i am so tired of ppl QQing about stuff like this.....you know the only reason why ur crying is because someone else is better than U, and you're just a SCRUB, L2P, and stop your cry baby bullsh1t.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter

for fk sake, i am so tired of ppl QQing about stuff like this.....you know the only reason why ur crying is because someone else is better than U, and you're just a SCRUB, L2P, and stop your cry baby bullsh1t.

Go away.
Reply Quote
93 Undead Hunter

Gee I wish our pets could burst like warriors if we left them alone. Cause you know, a pet's basic attacks hit for sooooo much. It's not Kill Command/Arcane Shot or anything. Nope. That's definitely not where all our damage is coming from.

But you obviously don't know how hunter burst works. You have a basic idea, like every other butthurt "nerf hunters!" player; that when we pop our cooldowns your health goes down fast. Ever think of how we perform when our abilities are on cooldown and we're struggling to get focus back?
Reply Quote

Hunters making sandwiches increases pet damage by 500%.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
BM hunters don't need nerfed to the ground. What needs to happen is readiness needs to not reset dps cds. It needs to be utility. That will allow blizzard the ability to balance all 3 specs much easier. Obviously removing this is a dps decrease so it would allow them to increase damage in other areas, increasing hunters sustain (which could allow for an overall damage increase to help pve and pvp while lowering the QQ which is soley from hunters burst). Readiness burst is fun, but its not worth ruining the class i enjoy playing. Im not a FOTM BM hunter i don't want to go through what have been again.

On a side note to the lock. I notice you play demo with mortal coil, blood fear? So what stops you from totally cc'ing the BW out? Pet stun into mortal if they trinket either blood fear. BM damage is a joke if the hunter isn't able to do kill commands/arcane spam durning BW. And IF they readiness and do it again. Put up your sac and fear again, sure its DR. Who cares. You'll live.

Side note to the shadow priest. Lol dispersion BW? Problem solved. IF they readiness place the psyfiend right on top of them. Put your shield up. Heal through the pet. GG.

Side note to the rogue. You're class was demi god status for way to many seasons. I dont feel bad for you at all. I will tell you that using vanish and waiting out BW is your best option for the first BW. Second BW step gouge->disarm. 99% of hunters dont have weapon chain. And no matter what you think, rogues damage, inside of a bomb last season was WAY more absurd then BM is atm.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I would like to remind people These screenshots are done with Full Resilience from the perspective of a 7x Gladiator Hunter (5.0.5 PATCH). [Posting for him, as he is European and doesn't have Access to american forums he has a nerf post started on EU as well)

Blink strike does 500% more dmg than it's supposed to:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5585778982#new-post

Also provided Arenajunkies thread that all this was based off.(Clicking links outside of Battlenet is at your own risk, I won't be held liable.)
http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/231796-bm-damage-explanation/#entry3787019

Here are a couple reason why BM Should be Nerfed View the following Images, taken by someone At 2400 pvp rating[Currently] from Arenajunkies PVP Community forum.

http://i.imgur.com/Y65kg.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dYGLe.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JESYW.jpg <------{Match Lasted 8 seconds, he did 800k more Damage the all other players, In 8 seconds of the combat}

The following Images, show how Rediculous it is for an Experienced Hunter to play BM, and how much easier it must be for the Average Player to play.(Not just Completely easy per se, more Drape nut sac over keyboard hit random keys = PROFIT)

The gladiator warlock is a scrub. Gonna take time to absorb that.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
BM is the only viable PVE spec right now, so if damage was nerfed hunters would be in a bad spot as a pure DPS class. I would trade some burst for more sustained damage though.

I hope they don't do any knee jerk nerfs a week into everyone being 90 before things can settle and we can see where everything lands.

Though I'm sure most hunters would trade some CD-popping burst for better sustained dps, cause when everything is on CD our damage isn't that spectacular.
Reply Quote
hay guys a hunetr just poped all his CDs and im a mage / priest / warior / warlock / shamman / exc. what do i do?

option 1

CC pets from stampeed shutting down a good chunk of hunter burst

option 2

CC hunter shutting down a good portion of hunter burst

option 3

pop a survival CD

combined options 1, 2, and / or 3 for near lockdown of hunter damage while he is bursting

o no hunter used readiness and is doign it again!

have your teammate pop a CD this time, or use one of your other CDs to counter it

o look at that you just countered the hunters burst damage because he was a morron and used everythign at one time, to leave him vunerable to a lockdown from damage from 1-2 of youyr CDs, when he used 4-5 CDs

what a concept
Reply Quote

The gladiator warlock is a scrub. Gonna take time to absorb that.

I <3 U. /sexy
Reply Quote

Shut the !@#$ up. You make all hunters look bad, and it's because of dog%^-* players like you that I don't even want to play anymore. BM is too strong right now, period.

Clearly you know a lot about arena: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/cairne/Epill/statistic#21:152

There are videos of multi-glads/r1s getting stomped on by sub-2k double BM/hpal comps. When that happens it's UNBALANCED.

Go take advantage of the fact that the spec is super retard-friendly (ie: you-friendly) right now and come back to whine when we can't faceroll anymore.

wtf are u complaining about?? How am I making hunters look bad? I love hunters and all the ppl that think BM spec is OP, needs to L2P, nuff said...

btw, i just got back on WoW 2 weeks be4 MoP came out.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior

Shut the !@#$ up. You make all hunters look bad, and it's because of dog%^-* players like you that I don't even want to play anymore. BM is too strong right now, period.

Clearly you know a lot about arena: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/cairne/Epill/statistic#21:152

There are videos of multi-glads/r1s getting stomped on by sub-2k double BM/hpal comps. When that happens it's UNBALANCED.

Go take advantage of the fact that the spec is super retard-friendly (ie: you-friendly) right now and come back to whine when we can't faceroll anymore.

wtf are u complaining about?? How am I making hunters look bad? I love hunters and all the ppl that think BM spec is OP, needs to L2P, nuff said...

btw, i just got back on WoW 2 weeks be4 MoP came out.

You are an idiot as she said, you do make hunter's look bad.

For gods sakes man, you haven't even done any pvp. YOU HAVE NOT DONE ANY PVP. What makes you think you have any right to come here and post on anything regarding balance in pvp? Please, answer that.

Just st fu already.
Edited by Khanner on 10/6/2012 1:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
correct order Stampede,Burst macro Macro,Lynx rush ( you can do some insane dmg) towards 400-450k and Redo it again with readiness.

Hey gladiator with a bucket of tears, Readiness does not reset stampeed which is on a five minute CD and lasts only ten seconds and its damage has as much to do with the buffs being covered by those pets as the ability itself.

I dont see Chaos bolt or 165k execute being on a five minute CD: Keep it up. If you cannot rise to the challenge then the challenge my no longer be for you.
Edited by Agathorn on 10/6/2012 1:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/06/2012 01:11 PMPosted by Khanner
balance in pvp

Because what is balenced in pvp directly affects what is balenced in pve. A perfect example of that is your precious Chaos Bolts and Execute and of these abilities are just of a few.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/06/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Eponine
higher skilled players just because they're playing a certain spec, IT IS BROKEN

You mean like Cata Frost Mages and Sub rogues? How about Rets now? I get the point, a perfectly logical and educated surmon coming from a whino who fails to recognize this is a game wide issue and not just a BM issue. Scapegoating a single spec dosnt fix anything when there are bigger and more rabid fish in the bowl.
Edited by Agathorn on 10/6/2012 1:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]