Why we are energy starved.

(Locked)

Community Manager
10/05/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Squirlness
Woah, a blue. I didn't think you guys were allowed on the Rogue forum.

Class forums are places where we want players talking to players, but I heard you guys were a little frustrated. I wanted to drop by and say hi, and I saw the comparison with Monks. That kind of false side-by-side comparison is something I like to nip in the bud. It creates un-justified class jealousy, y'know?

Better to consider your class mechanics within the context of your class mechanics instead.
10 Goblin Rogue
10/05/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Squirlness
Woah, a blue. I didn't think you guys were allowed on the Rogue forum.

Daxxarri has posted here before.

He was even voted as one of the Rogue Forum Champions at one point in time.

It wouldn't surprise me if he's an affiliate of the Rouge Legion.

10/05/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Also: Hi guys. Don't tell anyone I'm here. You're Rogues, you can keep a secret, right?

I wouldn't dream of telling a soul. ;)

Edit: Also, Daxxarri is worshipped here. So, if you didn't know:

Posted by Kiwe:
15. Rogues have a deity...

• His name is Daxxarri.
Edited by Sheevah on 10/5/2012 1:32 PM PDT
90 Gnome Rogue
Daxxarri has returned to us! Unveil the statue in honor of our Blue lord!

Also: Hi guys. Don't tell anyone I'm here. You're Rogues, you can keep a secret, right?

A horse of course. You know we love you and you know we know you love us.
100 Human Rogue

Nope, Monk abilities consume singular resources.

While true, the abilities Monks use to generate Chi are not very damaging, while the strikes a Rogue uses to create combo points are core damage abilities. Monks need Chi to execute bread and butter damage abilities at all. It's not a very good direct comparison.

One should always be careful when comparing how one class's abilities work versus another to take into account all the variables.

What? We are proud of our resident stalker!
35 Draenei Priest
10/05/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Sheevah
It wouldn't surprise me if he's an affiliate of the Rouge Legion.

We don't like to talk about that, Sheevah.

Shhh.
10 Goblin Rogue
We don't like to talk about that, Sheevah.

Shhh.

Hey now, I won't be around much longer, I'm talking all I can until then. :P
Edited by Sheevah on 10/5/2012 1:38 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Rogue
omg a blue.

10/05/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Bigzack
Bos costs to much

and its bugged as in you still get snared after using it.

10/05/2012 01:30 PMPosted by Tantojutsu
Daxxarri has returned to us! Unveil the statue in honor of our Blue lord!

Save us from going to the scrap heap.
90 Gnome Rogue
10/05/2012 01:32 PMPosted by Xiaoqing
Well, I suppose it's nice to know that blizz does pay attention to the Rogues plight, but if he's been doing this the whole time that just makes things even more depressing.

Daxx isn't a developer. He's an intermediary between us and them. And he loves us.
90 Night Elf Rogue
So the blue's a rogue? Well he does look like a dark templar.
100 Human Rogue
Well, I suppose it's nice to know that blizz does pay attention to the Rogues plight, but if he's been doing this the whole time that just makes things even more depressing.

Some things take time, Xiao.
Edited by Aeriwen on 10/5/2012 1:35 PM PDT
35 Draenei Priest
10/05/2012 01:34 PMPosted by Failrogue

That's not a bug. It will EITHER give you the speed boost if you're not snared, OR it will cause you to be immune to snares for four seconds.
10 Goblin Rogue

Nah, just be glad.

Daxxarri is a community manager, not a developer. Part of his job is getting a feel for how the players are feeling. He can't actually make any changes in the game or anything like that on his own.

Another part of his job is to talk to the community at times. Unfortunately, there are often times where there is nothing that can be said in regards to issues that will appease the community, and so CM's can be silent. If they post, but can't offer anything that makes the players feel validated, they are often ridiculed.

One thing is for sure, Daxxarri has always been good about delivering answers when he had information available for us. After all, he hung around a long time to help us understand all the Shiv changes when that stuff was first introduced. Daxxarri will always be good in my book, if for no other reason than sticking around at that time. He wasn't required to do so, but he hung around anyway.

Edit:

As Miro mentioned, that's working as intended.
Edited by Sheevah on 10/5/2012 1:38 PM PDT
100 Night Elf Rogue
10/05/2012 09:44 AMPosted by Cloake
Rfeann I apologize if you thought i was trolling, I've been playing since early vanilla and rogues have just become more cluttered with abilities that really only multiply the difficulties involved in balancing, updating and using it effectively. We needed a hard reboot in MOP and we got shafted.

If I thought you were trolling, I never would've written a serious response in the first place. :) I think this is a conversation worth having. And I think you presented your post not only in a more reasonable way than most of the recent threads in here have, but also in a way that lends itself well to good back-and-forth discussion about why many of us in the forums feel that rogues aren't right at the moment (as well as what it might be possible to do about it without breaking something else).

I think the way this convo has unfolded, though, highlights just how many disparate views there are about what's going wrong and why. (Which is why the breakfast item was able to surgically pick apart your points one by one in his posts; I think you're earnest in the points you're making, but it feels like your own views on what the problem is might be shifting as we have this discussion.)

Personally, I still feel a lot of the frustration revolves around the fact that we've been rebalanced at level 90 and appear to no longer be crazy-mofo-awesome the way we were just one month ago. Dealing with that adjustment can be jarring. And it makes us want to find reasons for it within our class's mechanics, when the reason may more lie in the way that stats, gear and scaling work in the game. Ghostcrawler talked about that issue recently and lamented how the "stat reset" wasn't ideal, but there's no better system to use if you want to hold onto the idea that as you progress in the game, you keep getting more powerful.
Edited by Rfeann on 10/5/2012 1:39 PM PDT
90 Gnome Rogue
The fact that he deviated from impartiality and actually acknowledged our plight is evidence enough that he loves us. Now, about that statue...
35 Draenei Priest
GUISE. WE NEED TO ASK THE IMPORTANT QUESTION.

Daxx, why isn't there a Goldfish in that fish tank you call an Immortal?
90 Blood Elf Rogue
10/05/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Sheevah
As Miro mentioned, that's working as intended.

meh, back to shadowstep then.
10 Goblin Rogue
10/05/2012 01:42 PMPosted by Mirotic
Daxx, why isn't there a Goldfish in that fish tank you call an Immortal?

Daxxarri found Nemo. Later, after finding Nemo, he devoured the tiny clown fish.

Trufax.
Community Manager
10/05/2012 01:40 PMPosted by Tantojutsu
The fact that he deviated from impartiality and actually acknowledged our plight is evidence enough that he loves us. Now, about that statue...

To be fair, I remain impartial in that I always have to (and want to) take the broad view when considering class issues. I also know that you guys are frustrated, but the hard truth is that, even before Legendary weapon hijinks, Rogues needed some adjustment.

Still, we want every class to feel fun and satisfying to play, and I wanted to drop by and find out some specifics regarding why you guys are sad.

Edit: Please don't exaggerate the issues, by the way. It's much easier to relay information when I'm not trying to separate fact from fiction.
Edited by Daxxarri on 10/5/2012 1:50 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]