Weapon Enchants

100 Undead Rogue
Between the two what are you guys using, I've tried one af each and both the same and it doesn't seem to matter all that much. Is one or the other better or should I just pick which color glow I like best?

Elemental Force - Permanently enchants a melee weapon to sometimes inflict 3,000 additional Elemental damage when dealing damage with spells and melee attacks. Requires a level 372 or higher item.

Windsong - Permanently enchants a melee weapon to sometimes increase your critical strike, haste, or mastery by 1,500 for 12 sec when dealing damage or healing with spells and melee attacks. Requires a level 372 or higher item.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I have a feeling windsong will win out. I'll be keeping my eyes on EJ for the official word.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
I've been looking for something definitive but so far no one has got around to figuring out anything on the low end enchants, at least that I could find... I was leaning towards Windsong but I doubt the difference will be all that much…
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Yeah, as best I know there's still a lot of testing to be done (or reported/analyzed, at least) to really flesh out the mechanics. But the general wisdom follows the Cata pattern, since we're basically talking about similar sets of three enchants.

Landslide => Dancing Steel
Hurricane => Windsong
Avalanche => Elemental Force

The strength of Elemental Force is uncertain, but so far it's not looking like it scales with gear, which means it'll get worse as you get better. Also, keep in mind that Windsong can proc any of three stat buffs, and *all three* can potentially be active at the same time.

Windsong is the enchant that's primarily been in use by progression raiders this week. We'll probably see more Dancing Steel finding its way onto weapons over the upcoming weeks, as the mats for it become more widely available.
Edited by Rfeann on 10/5/2012 9:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
As long as the enchantment doesn't look like its throwing turds in my face I welcome it.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
I was hoping you would reply Rfeann, I checked your guide but there wasn't any information...

I remember landslide costing 20k when it first hit the AH and I'm sure Dancing Steel will be the same way for quite a while... I can't really justify putting that kind of gold into anything I could potentially be replacing at the next heroic drop, not that it's even an option right now...
Edited by Dirtyjello on 10/5/2012 9:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
10/05/2012 09:40 AMPosted by Dirtyjello
I remember landslide costing 20k when it first hit the AH and I'm sure Dancing Steel will be the same way for quite a while... I can't really justify putting that kind of gold into anything I could potentially be replacing at the next heroic drop, not that it's even an option right now...

Yeah, and I wouldn't recommend it unless your group is superserious about cutting-edge progression. At this point it's not even necessarily a question of cost; it's a question of supply, since an enchanter needs to be revered with Shado-Pan to get the recipe, and the main component of the recipe is 10 Sha Crystal, which you make by disenchanting *50* rare-quality Mists gear items.

Verelyse's sticky should have enchantment rankings in them, I believe. I'll do my best to find time to update mine this weekend; parts of it are getting a little stale.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Giving that all three buffs can proc at the same time...all in all, I don't see Force winning over Windsong, especially as our stats grow. I regularly see at least 2 of the buffs, so it's a win for me, especially when haste procs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Yeah, and I wouldn't recommend it unless your group is superserious about cutting-edge progression. At this point it's not even necessarily a question of cost; it's a question of supply, since an enchanter needs to be revered with Shado-Pan to get the recipe, and the main component of the recipe is 10 Sha Crystal, which you make by disenchanting *50* rare-quality Mists gear items.

Indeed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]