Dear Alliance

86 Human Hunter
Horde be mad that they get reported for trollin'.

Horde be mad when we troll and they report us.

Same side of the same coin. Around and around we go.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Quantum Physics says anything, no matter how bleak the odds are, can happen.

F you F'ing physics. F.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/14/2012 09:40 AMPosted by Steelgear
F you F'ing physics. F.

Read that in Samuel L. Jackson's voice.
Reply Quote
10/14/2012 09:40 AMPosted by Steelgear
Quantum Physics says anything, no matter how bleak the odds are, can happen.

Basic probability says anything, no matter the odds, can happen.

Quantum Physics says that anything, no matter the odds, might / did / can / will / has / is always happening, somewhere, but that we don't notice because Banana.

Edit: Comma.
Edited by Laura on 10/14/2012 11:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Human Hunter
So somewhere, somehow, sometime Steelgear was actually rolled as a goblin.

Huh. Interesting.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I am endlessly amused by Steelgear and her implications. I can't stop laughing. Make it stop.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I don't...understand what's happening here.

I don't think anyone who has ever been reported has not complained about it to someone, forums or not. And I mean I hate Orcs more than most but come on? The head end of this thread wasn't necessary.

Generalized Orc hate was retaliated with generalized Alliance hate...and then specific guild problems being brought up? Has it not been almost 3 years? Can people not let go of the past and somehow accept a jab for a jab?

Either way, your feelings for Rharkul or Myroe should not allow you to make a judgement about an entire guild. I've spent the last 9 months doing my best for my members, which included being sure to state that my views aren't my guild's views, and theirs aren't mine.

That being said, I don't dislike any guild Alliance side, nor do I really care about any of them since they don't affect my day to day. There are very few people over there that I dislike for good, and personal reasons, but not their guild as a whole. Still, I wouldn't be persnickety at these people for the hell of it.

So I am sorry if you have had a personal problem with any of my members Steelgear (I think was the one who said something? I'm quite tired...) but I urge you to come talk to me in game sometime on one of your alts. I do my best to work through problems with people within or without the guild because I hate drama and even more-so hate people having a bad impression or hurt feelings.

Our guild website is www.hellsing-organization.com and on it, even if you aren't registered, you can view our rules. I made it a firm rule that starting fights with other guilds/insulting them, even in guildchat or officerchat, is not allowed. Meaning, even Rharkul and Myroe are not allowed to do such things, and don't.

Ura's a nice chick, send her my regards? :)

TLDR?
Drama sucks, talk to me if you have a problem, I'll do my best to fix it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Also? Sorry for the lateness of this. I so rarely check the forums...^^'
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I have no idea what this is about.

A couple Alliance reported and a few guildies for 'griefing' while we were farming Black Prince Rep and Exotic Leathers at the Stone Guardians in Gou-Lai Halls. One of the Alliance players was trying to die so they could walk through a door to access blocked off Ancient Caches.

I remember a specific conversation we had (as you're on my friends list, because I've known you for some time). Don't trash on people for trying to do the same thing you were asking people to help you do.

If they were flagged like idiots and you spawn-camped them, that's their mistake and they have no reason to report you for griefing. This is a PvE Normal server, five minutes in ghost form and they wouldn't have had anything to complain about. You flag, you're fair game.

That being said - it's not your job to "keep them from exploiting a glitch". It's your job to report them for doing so, and go along with your day.

While we're at it...can we let the inter-guild BS drop, please? After three + years, it gets old. It's also pretty childish. I suspect we're all better than that by now, and it's not making the server look any better.

((Edited to add the "you kids behave" bit.))
Edited by Dominitari on 11/1/2012 10:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Human Hunter
Fascinating how this has developed.

Simple solution: if they're flagged, attack them. If you win, hey easy honor. But, as with the game and its mechanics (and usual pack mentality regardless of what faction you play for) when 4-10 of said person's guild show up and corpse farm you into alting, you have no one to blame but yourself. RP, PvP, or PvE realm regardless: you never know whose alt you are attacking until you suddenly find yourself surrounded in red name plates. (You especially know you are screwed when you see <Gladiators in Bed> show up, as I've noticed).

As for being reported for griefing. Clearly if the reporting process made it as far as a GM to review it, then there must have been some validity in the claim. If it only went as far as your Guild Leader, then maybe it wasn't a reporting but just a general complaint from one player to another player's Guild Leader.

*shrug* Public perceptions being what they are and all, its up to the Leader and the Member to really decide if its worth going over or not. If the GM ended up issuing some measure of discipline for the actions taken, then clearly you did something wrong. Shame on you.

Lastly, let's not let the old guild drama die. It gives some spunk to those odd-ball moments when I see Farstrider Horde in my random BGs and gets me feeling all giddy when I get to plug them full of arrows, daggers, and spells.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]