I just fell out of my chair

90 Blood Elf Priest
A lack of healing isn't the problem... a Mistweaver can do more healing than Tranquility easily just using SCK.

The point is that Revival compared to Tranquility, 1:1, sucks. The AoE cleanse effect could be useful, but not currently.

And again, T12 Resto Druid problem. Most of these Monk rerolls appear to have literally no idea why only having HPS, no utility, is a bad idea, and if that's the case then incoming major tears.

If the AoE cleanse ever is useful...it would require bringing monks, as I believe they are the only class capable of it at the moment (but I think that the cleanse itself is more intended for PvP).

I get what you're saying about lack of utility, but what would you suggest to fix the issue? An obvious change, to me, would be to revert the change to their tank CD, as I think that was a bad change (feels like a nerf in almost every way). But what other utility could a Monk bring that other healers don't? Yeah, they need to bring more than HPS, because it's obvious the HPS is going to get nerfed (probably soon). But just saying that isn't really providing any ideas for a solution.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I think monks all in all need a sck nerf & need a downcost to renewing mist.

Other than that I could careless where everything else is.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm with you Sparklefever... Revival IS a lot of HPS but who the hell cares? It's like tossing up the efficient heal of <insert class here> on everyone in the raid at the same time, leaving you with people who are still grossly in need of heals. It needs to be stronger as a 3 minute cd. I don't care what that means they have to do with the rest of our spells to balance us out but we need our big heal-all spell to be a good raid cd.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Didn't you all know that the players who picked monk are just really skilled?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I think monks all in all need a sck nerf & need a downcost to renewing mist.

Other than that I could careless where everything else is.

I thought the downside was the cost of Renewing Mist, or did they change that at some point after I stopped playing my Monk in Beta?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
They want people to play their new class. That's all there is to it.
Reply Quote

[e] Of course, people (read: idiots) will only ever fixate on HPS as if it's a meaningful or relevant metric for healer balance.

The sad truth.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Not sure why anyone would be surprised. Unless you didn't play when they introduced deathknights.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/11/2012 05:45 AMPosted by Harpoa
Not sure why anyone would be surprised. Unless you didn't play when they introduced deathknights.

Brewmasters and Mistweavers are far from being OP and the devs actually spent a lot of Beta toning down all three specs to avoid the DK problems from Wrath so your statement is way off.

There were only two issues with MW's this past week. Zen Sphere was broken and was ignoring AoE cap's and SCK obviously hadn't been adjusted enough near the end of Beta. They're both fixed now so hopefully the QQ will stop.

I also think the blanket forum statement that MW's bring no Utility compared to other healers is hyperbolic. Compared to Shaman every healer brings weak Utility IMO. MW's could use a Tank CD other than Life Cocoon (LoH 2.0) but that's it IMO.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]