Macros stop functioning after time

90 Tauren Druid
This is my first time posting so I apologize if this is the wrong place or I'm doing something wrong. Now, more to the point,

Recently my commonly used macros have begun to start cutting out and stop functioning while I'm playing. I use Bartender and think it might be the problem, and so far, it hasn't occurred with bartender disabled.

I have most of my abilities in macros such as :
#showtooltip
/use [stance:1] Lacerate; [stance:3, mod:shift] Ravage; [stance:3, stealth] Ravage; [stance:3] Rake

I have other macros like these for the rest of my core abilities.

Randomly during fights these macros will just stop working when I press the key. Its not all at once, and its in no particular order (that I know of) they just stop working one at a time after awhile until I'm left with no working abilities. Its only macros that don't work, abilities on my bars not in macros work just fine. The only way that I can fix the issue is by /reload or relogging. Sometimes I have to reload every other boss in a dungeon or spell-book/click my abilites.

Any impute on this would be helpful. Until then I'm just not using bartender in case it was the problem (though I would prefer to use it instead of default UI)
Reply Quote
86 Human Warlock
If they're working fine without Bartender, it probably is Bartender. I'd suggest contacting the author of Bartender. From http://www.wowace.com/addons/bartender4/ you can open a ticket, PM the developer, or go to their forum and comment there.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
Having same problem.

I have a lot of different macros for my Warrior, they are pretty basic, just to trigger trinkets with abilities, or use some instant abilities simultaneously with others. These all work fine 99% of the time, however occasionally one of them (not all of them) stops working completely. Seems to be happening when I'm raiding, not sure if it's because I'm pressing them like a mad man, or not, just doesn't seem to happen any other time.

Only fix is to reload the ui, which isn't ideal in the middle of a boss encounter! It happened about three times tonight, in three hours of raiding (with two separate macros). I can confirm that, if I put the abilities on a separate action bar/button, that I can use the abilities separate to the macro - so it's just when trying to trigger these abilities via the macro nothing happens.

I was having this issue with Dominos addon initially, I've since swapped to Bartender as I thought it may have been the problem, although I'm having the same issues again. I might need to give it a go with the default action bars *shudder* to see if I can replicate the issue.

Anyhow, if anyone has any feedback, or more information, it would be much appreciated!

Cheers.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Having same problem with my warrior macro, which works 99% of the time but stops working at the most inconvenient times (e.g. dungeons/bgs). VERY ANNOYING!

Here's the macro:

#showtooltip
/targetenemy [noharm]
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/cast Mortal Strike
/cast Heroic Strike
/cast Slam
/cast [combat] Berserker Rage
/cast [combat] Recklessness
/startattack

It'll work at the beginning of an instance, then all of a sudden my DPS on recount drops dramatically after a few encounters. I notice that neither Heroic Strike or Mortal Strike (or Slam) trigger, just "Opportunity Strikes" from white damage from auto-attack strikes. The only "fix" is to issue "/reload" (reload the UI). Why??????????
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Your issue is different.
Take out either Mortal Strike or Slam. They both trigger the gcd and can't be triggered like this:
http://www.wowpedia.org/HOWTO:_Make_a_Macro#Multiple_actions_with_one_click

You could setup a castsequence for these two as an alternative:
http://www.wowpedia.org/HOWTO:_Make_a_Macro#Sequencing_spells_and_items
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]