Symbiosis great, or the Greatest?

10/07/2012 12:05 AMPosted by Rigor
^ lol pretty much all the tanking moves do nothing for aggro gain or surviability when it would really matter.

elusive brew can be nice...except it only lasts 8 secs with a 3 minute cooldown
Reply Quote
^ lol pretty much all the tanking moves do nothing for aggro gain or surviability when it would really matter.

elusive brew can be nice...except it only lasts 8 secs with a 3 minute cooldown

It's a 3m CD now? Last time I symb'd a monk it was only a 1m CD =/

Edit: I think my only real problem with the spell is that 2-3 classes for each spec give you an amazing spell (or at least pretty good), and the rest just seem to be bad. Maybe it's a matter of opinion though, I don't know. Lightning shield, frost armor, ect. None of those tend to be worth the effort of the 6s cast time (even though LS is out best DPS increase, its still so incredibly marginal I often don't bother).

For boomy I get cloak or AMS, both amazing survival. I don't see much point to getting hammer of justice or mass dispel, or even purge. HoJ could be great in arena I guess but generally with dispel or purge, since you already have the shaman/priest to cast those they don't add much to 10m raiding. They don't really improve the raid or my personal performance. Maybe they are awesome in PvP?

I get jealous of all the cool things feral gets. I can see why they can't give them to guardian though. Dispersion on a tank would be OP.
Edited by Elarain on 10/7/2012 12:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Garbage, imo. About the only useful thing I get is bone shield. As for everyone else...nothing useful at all. Nine times out of ten the person you give it to doesn't use their ability anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Don't hate it, but I don't love it. I was under the impression it would be crowing achievement of druid abilities, doesn't feel that way at all.

The abilities I get in return are lackluster outside of PVP, and even then, some of them are 'meh.' When I slapped it on a paladin and got cleanse, all I could say was "Wtf? paladins have the ability to be Jesus and Batman (Batsus) rolled into one, and I got CLEANSE?!" And I have never once seen a mage use that Healing Touch they've snaked from me.

So far the only thing that got me honestly excited was Spiritwalker's Grace, that's some handy stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Symbiosis seems to be either really good or really bad. Like why does a resto shaman need prowl. Obviously a PVP thing, but pretty much worthless in PVE.

My only gripe is that is takes too long to cast and it drops when you die and one of you releases.

On that note; consecration and life grip are the greatest things ever to have on a druid.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
10/07/2012 12:18 PMPosted by Elarain
since you already have the shaman/priest to cast those they don't add much to 10m raiding

I'd keep in mind that those abilities are now on 8s cds.
After farming spine for awhile, we actually wiped on it a few times in the last 2 weeks because of issues with timing dispels. We basically spent the first minute of the fight with the 2 tanks on one side, and everyone on the other just to get them the buffs while timing all the dispels.
On dispel-heavy fights, having another *mass* dispel is pretty nice utility. I'd take it in feral if I could.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
It's useful in PvP, in PvE it seems situational to me. For bear a few are occasionally useful, but if you forget to use it, no big deal. For cat... all of them optional, useful to survive in emergencies, or add just a BIT to dps with spirit wolves from time to time.

If it didn't exist, I honestly wouldn't care at all for PVE, or possibly notice for a while. For PvP, some of those abilities are pretty nice, especially for when I start doing arena... dispersion is going to be great for surviving burst.

This.

Some can be pretty useful or fun to have such as Play Dead.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Symbiosis: great

Really, you can't expect it to change the way you play dramatically. When we were given Stampeding Roar, did it change the way we play? No, but it was still pretty sweet at times. When mages were given Time Warp, did it change the way they played? No, but it was still pretty sweet at times. When warriors were given Heroic Leap, did it change the way they played? No, but it was still pretty sweet at times.

It is one ability. One ability of many. And while there will be times where you have no use for what it does, I, myself, have always found a use for it in whatever spec I play. At worst, you might have to settle for a personal defensive cooldown when healing, but that's still something you can make use of.

(If you're getting frustrated by some of the abilities you're getting, like Frost Nova or Fear Ward, well, you'll get the hang of which classes you need to avoid giving it to with time)
Reply Quote
Its terrible for us boomkins.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Best move in arena game wide.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
it's great in pvp as balance and resto. cloak of shadows, ams, or shield wall from locks. ice block, life grip, or intervene from wars.

pretty game breaking if used correctly
Reply Quote
It's situationally helpful (less so in PvE vs PvP) and requires being grouped with someone to use, so the majority of the time it's a useless ability. Compared with the performance-enhancing abilities that many other classes got at level 87, it's an insult. (Notably, DK Soul Reaper, Hunter Stampede, Shaman Ascendance, and Warrior War Banner)

If you're not grouped with a Mage as Boomkin (for instance, my raid team doesn't currently have a Mage) there are few boss fights in which your dps will be boosted by Symbiosis. It's an almost cosmetic minor-glyph quality ability when others got a major-glyph quality ability.

(PS we got screwed on major glyphs too.)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Yeah I love it. Initally, I was stoked for Mirror Image until I saw the damage it does. But now I love if for the added survivablity. Personally, I really look for warlocks when I'm balance ^.^
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/07/2012 01:47 PMPosted by Thistlewind
And I have never once seen a mage use that Healing Touch they've snaked from me.

Actually had one use it in a Mogu'Shan run yesterday. I gave the mage Symbiosis because I like Quadruple Armored Boomkins.

After the first trash pull, the healer got snarky saying "Where's the DPS?? LOL". Healer was snarky the rest of the run. So the last trash before the final boss, the healer let the tank die. A mage said "LOL Where's the Heals?". Healer says "Good lucks staying alive mage." Get through the boss fight, and the only person to die was the healer.

As I'm resurrecting the healer (With my "Rezzing Healer <Champion of the Floor>" announcing macro), the mage pipes up "Thanks for the Healing Touch, Core. Really save my butt."
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I like it. I could detail out all of the reasons why I like it but they are pretty straight forward.

If you hate it and feel like you were screwed, you'll never like it.

If you accept what you've been given and work with it, you'll incorporate and move on.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Symbiosis is pretty boring from a balance pve standpoint.
Reply Quote
Yeah, there aren't any dps benefits from symbiosis for balance. So what? You can still get CoS or Undying Resolve which give you an extra survival cooldown for free. Intervene is pretty good on a few fights. I haven't really tested Anti-Magic Shell much, but that seems pretty good as well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I haven't tried any PvP yet, but in 5-mans it's been damn near useless. I've tried casting it on a variety of classes just to see what it does. Mostly I get survivability cooldowns, which I rarely end up using. Even if there's a Mage in the group and I get Mirror Images, they hit for 90 damage. Yes, ninety. I'm very unimpressed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
As a Resto, Symbiosis is only good for the person I share it with. Most of the spells I receive are all but useless. Except for the Shaman share which allows me to cast while moving. And even then that isn't all that great, since the majority of my heals come from instant cast HoTs.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10/07/2012 10:48 AMPosted by Herethebeef
God forbid an ability be awesome.

QFT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]