Swiftmend Bug

90 Night Elf Druid
Anyone else noticing that sometimes the game doesn't realize a player has a hot on them, thus making swiftmend available?

If I select a player and throw rejuv on them, sometimes it doesn't register the swiftmend. Then I either have to mouse over that target, or reselect them.

Never was a problem before.

Anyone else notice this?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Blizzard needs to fix this bug immediately. I noticed it yesterday. If you try to Swiftmend too quickly off the global, it doesn't allow it to happen (and you must de-select the target or select a new target then swap back to apply it). In arena or high-end raiding, one second can be the difference between victory and defeat.

So, Blizzard, get on this. <3
Reply Quote
89 Troll Priest
yep, its annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yup, even for mouseover macros, I have to Rejuv, swing my cursor around, then recast Swiftmend. Even then, there are times where I waste a GCD or two thinking Swiftmend went off when it really didn't. Definitely not conducive to the quick HoT->Swiftmend comboing.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
This bug has literally cost people their lives.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I've noticed this too. Bump!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Yeah I use Vuhdo for my healing raid frame addon and even if I have a HoT up, if I try to use Swiftmend too fast, it doesn't register the person I'm mousing over having a HoT. So I have to hit Esc to cancel the spell then try it again. It's really annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I'm glad I'm not the only person with this problem. I use mouseover macros with the blizzard default raid frames and this is getting really annoying. When I use swiftmend (basically on CD) I have to look at my bars and make sure it went off. For "ocrap" moments when swiftmend usage is vital I can't afford to have to look at my bars and hope it goes off. I haven't done pvp yet except for a few bgs, but I can imagine this will be a major problem in arenas where one second determines a win or lost.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Paladin
Didn't they say they'd fix it, or did the bug just reappear?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This bug was on Beta also and they didnt fix it... So don't expect a fix anytime soon.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Yup, when I heal this is very annoying. Worst of all when I try to follow up a Regrowth with a Swiftmend, that never works. Rejuv+Swiftmend works more often fortunately.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Use this macro

#showtooltip Swiftmend
/cast [@mouseover,exists,nodead,help] Swiftmend
/use 1

This will cast SM on whoever's nameplate your mouse is hovering over. Remove the stuff in the brackets, and it will cast on your target instead.

This macro should fix the issue and you will no longer get the blue hand.
Edited by Esblofeld on 10/8/2012 9:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Fix plz blizz! Has caused major problems often resulting in dead arena partner or dead tank which is not cool. Always seems to happen at the worst of times.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
This bug has been around since the pre-patch yet Blizz hasn't even acknowledged it... *sigh*
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
This bug has been around for a LONG time. I wish blizzard would get on it. I've lost a few arena matches to swiftmend bugging and it's seriously not cool. Or fair, for that matter.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Esblofeld, does it only fix the "Glowing Hand of Fail" that prevents you from doing almost anything until you hit escape or some other radical thing, or does it also cause it to (more consistently) cast Swiftmend on your valid target in the first place?

Obviously, the "Glowing Hand of Fail" is the bigger problem, in that until you halt the cast somehow it prevents you from doing much but watching people die while you scramble to try to clear the "cast lock".

But it's also more than a little annoying that the player that you meant to Swiftmend (and who legitimately has a ticking HOT) doesn't get the heal, and even worse for me at any rate, the entire flow of healing goodness gets derailed to a screeching halt as I scramble to try to get it to go off (again) and sometimes a third time even.

<S>
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
That macro fixed the glowing hand for me. Ever since I started using it, I have had no problems with casting Swiftmend.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Thanks! I'll definitely give that a shot. I was going to anyway, but am now hoping for more rather than less, if you know what I mean.

<S>
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I was logging on to post about this lol. Bump. At first I was dying or someone else was and I thought I was silenced or something. This needs fixing badly, it's our main go to on the move.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I keep asking Ghostcrawler on twitter but can't get a response about this. I'm surprised this hasn't been addressed yet - it's a big deal.

Will try the macro out though, thanks!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]