Sky Serpent Egg spawns

90 Tauren Shaman
So I know the spawn rate was way too high at first. I can tell by all of the people flying around on cloud serpents. But now I think the spawn rate is way too low. It's a real pain when I've got so few quests to do for rep. I'm not asking for free rep, but as it is now, the chances of finding an egg are so slim that I'll likely be nearly exalted by the time I find my first egg. All I'm asking for is a spawn rate of maybe something like one egg per ten minutes. There's still a chance to find them, but with all of the people trying to get their Cloud Serpents, they will likely go fast so you won't end up with people getting a ton of eggs and just egg farming their way to exalted.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Long term rep grinds are long.

Seriously, it's gonna take you all of two weeks to finish it? If that?

SLOW DOWN!
Reply Quote
I only found 4 eggs over the entire release time so far and will hit exalted with the Cloud Serpent faction Monday. Just do dailys, you will hit exalted pretty fast event without eggs.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I'm glad I did it like the day after the expansion came out.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Priest
more dailies please. i mean like wtf? i get like 10 stupid dailies for the klaxxi that i dont give a friggen crap about but only 3 for the cloud serpents??? why???
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
10/07/2012 05:47 AMPosted by Xerha
more dailies please. i mean like wtf? i get like 10 stupid dailies for the klaxxi that i dont give a friggen crap about but only 3 for the cloud serpents??? why???

Fishing, cooking, and first aid give you access to additional dailies. Similar to how gathering professions gave you extra dailies for the Netherwing grind.
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 05:53 AMPosted by Naiyah

Fishing, cooking, and first aid give you access to additional dailies. Similar to how gathering professions gave you extra dailies for the Netherwing grind.

and archeology
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Yep, I get 7 a day.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Priest
all of which i couldnt be bothered to level cause i dont need them and found them a pain in the butt to level

cooking: major gaps at certain skill levels where theres nothing to cook but a green recipe 10 million times to many or fly to some god forsaken hole in the ground to get some useless recipe that shoulda been on the trainer ntm i never ever eat anything cept vendor bought food(easiest way out) only reason i even leveled my cooking was to do the tiller dailies cause i find that little farmville game fun although i wish all the plants had different growing speeds

archeology: 1st toon i leveled this to 525 was the last toon ill ever level this profession on. shocked i didnt give up before 525. do 2 spots on this end of the map then fly alllllllllllllll the way to the other end do 2 spots then repeat repeat repeat awe F IT i give up. i got my dino mount and thats all i wanted from it. will never do it again.

first aid: have never ever found any use for it on any toon. i just eat my vendor food. personally i think its a waste of cloth that i can ah or send to my tailor

fishing my 2nd most hated PITA profession. i got better things to do then fish in a video game staring at a stupid bobber waiting for it to pop
Reply Quote
Was the spawn rate actually tweaked? Or is it just that more people are searching for them now? I assumed it was the latter, but I'll admit I've been too engrossed in playing to bother keeping up with hotfix info.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I've only found one egg so far.

I think Blizz dropped the ball on the respawn time. They had it set way too high in the beginning and now they swung the respawn time too far in the other direction.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
*snipped*

Have fun with your longer rep grind then.

10/07/2012 06:29 AMPosted by Viria
Was the spawn rate actually tweaked? Or is it just that more people are searching for them now? I assumed it was the latter, but I'll admit I've been too engrossed in playing to bother keeping up with hotfix info.

I keep seeing people claim it was hotfixed, but nothing was announced (yet). It's a lot more likely that eggs are more scarce because a lot more people are out and about looking for them instead of Blizzard curtailing the spawn rate... however, I wouldn't put it past them to nerf it so it's a possibility.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
The 3 Cloud Serpent dailies your referring to alone give more rep total then the 8 Klaxxi dailies.

I would say that is a fair trade off.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

I think Blizz dropped the ball on the respawn time. They had it set way too high in the beginning and now they swung the respawn time too far in the other direction.

Curious how long it took you to find that egg too... I haven't made that much of an effort because Tich is such a high pop server that eggs are constantly camped. I don't feel like spending hours of my day going in circles on a mount in order to get my pixel dragon earlier.. but some people are down with it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Uhhh I'm 3 days away from exalted... Haven't turned in a single egg.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Priest

Curious how long it took you to find that egg too... I haven't made that much of an effort because Tich is such a high pop server that eggs are constantly camped. I don't feel like spending hours of my day going in circles on a mount in order to get my pixel dragon earlier.. but some people are down with it.

i had nothing else to do cause all my dailies pandaria wide was done. just spent 6 hours doing mindless circles and only got 1 egg. time for bed now but once my dailies are done when i get up ill do it again cause this is the only way to getting the alani mount which is my ultimate goal here
Reins of the Thundering Ruby Cloud Serpent
http://www.wowhead.com/item=90655#dropped-by

once i get that ive gotten everything i want outa this expax so far :D till i get my eye on something else. till then it will be getting the rest of my 30 something toons to 90 that i currently got from level 60 to 85
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
The spawn rate remains unchanged

As more people see others on cloud serpents they discover that this faction even exists, and fly out to Jade Forest to begin their reputation grind

The more and more people out there doing dailies/farming eggs, the less and less of these eggs you will see. There are only a lot of cloud serpents right now because it's something new, and those who got there first got all the eggs they needed in a short while.

Eventually these will be like nether rays and netherwing drakes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

i had nothing else to do cause all my dailies pandaria wide was done. just spent 6 hours doing mindless circles and only got 1 egg. time for bed now but once my dailies are done when i get up ill do it again cause this is the only way to getting the alani mount which is my ultimate goal here
Reins of the Thundering Ruby Cloud Serpent
http://www.wowhead.com/item=90655#dropped-by

once i get that ive gotten everything i want outa this expax so far :D till i get my eye on something else. till then it will be getting the rest of my 30 something toons to 90 that i currently got from level 60 to 85

Good luck on Alani... gathering all those crystals seems like it will be a loooooong grind, and require quite a bit of luck.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Priest
10/07/2012 07:55 AMPosted by Nihthraefn
Good luck on Alani... gathering all those crystals seems like it will be a loooooong grind, and require quite a bit of luck.

i got no problem with the grind what so ever. unfortanatly my 90 atm is druid but i work on my now 86 pally when i get the chance to so he will definatly be the 1 to grind that out. guy on there says he killed 120k mobs. my pallys already grabbing the whole jade forest, yelling at runbacks and waiting for respawns lol gotta LOVE prot :D once he hits 90 ill probably flatten that 120k mobs in couple days. hope the mount will be account wide. i like grinds like that on my pally. the only reason he even grabs quests is to point him towards some path of destruction. kill everything on way to there. kill everything there. kill everything on way back. i was even yelling at a mob the other day "i dont fight 1 on 1 go back and get 25 of your buddies then come annoy me." lol

atm though druid bird has got me hooked. wanted 1 forever even though he sat at 75 forever till just before mop. finally leveled him cause i needed to up his inscription and that bird forms really got me hooked so i havent stopped playing him yet. love those suicide mid air drops to buff myself or cast rejuv LOL ntm the killer orca looks AWSOME. mabey i try guardian spec but i love my kitty to much for him
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
10/07/2012 07:55 AMPosted by Nihthraefn
I never want to grind anything like that ever again.

Thank goodness for account wide mounts.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]