Why is this still happening?

90 Human Paladin
I thought Blizzard changed the Loot system in this xpac, so why is a non-tank still able to roll on a tank item and able to win over a tank? Why are spec rolls not in this loot system. already had to be forced to deal with past experience with this same problem. So why is nothing being donw to prevent this?
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 09:23 PMPosted by Pariahdark
thought Blizzard changed the Loot system in this xpac
for LFR only not for LFD - LFD still distributes loot based on class
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Then what was the point of doing a change to the loot system?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
10/06/2012 10:38 PMPosted by Pariahdark
Then what was the point of doing a change to the loot system?

Because Heroics have no "effective" lockout with the random system, the gears no big deal.

LFR has a week lockout, so it's setup to give tanks priority on gear that isn't "Farmable" like heroics.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/06/2012 10:59 PMPosted by Postonforums
the gears no big deal.

No gear from dungeons= harder time to complete them=bigger chance of getting kicked=bigger down-time of getting jp=bigger down-time of getting upgrades which returns to No gear from dungeons
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
10/06/2012 11:43 PMPosted by Pariahdark
No gear from dungeons= harder time to complete them=bigger chance of getting kicked=bigger down-time of getting jp=bigger down-time of getting upgrades which returns to No gear from dungeons

Outside of the "LFM HEROICS BE GEARED" topic I was making fun of on this forum last week, I haven't seen anyone kicking from heroics.

The tuning of the pug content this expansion..... Is the lowest in history. The numbers in 5 mans are lower than HoTs (Yes, 25k Abilities in heroic 90 dungeons, which is less than the level 85 HoT Heroic dmg numbers in many cases) and even LFR's preliminary dungeon journal browsing, shows mechanics being under LFR Dragonsouls (There's raid wipe abilities in real Mogu, that hit for.... 1000 [no typo] in LFR.)

You're not going to get kicked because you
Lostaroll
Postonforums

You're more likely to get kicked for using pure dodge/parry gems when you have nearly no hit as prot, so your AM is full of holes.
Edited by Postonforums on 10/7/2012 12:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
the gears no big deal.

More likely to get kicked because you don't understand how to gear Prot.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
the gears no big deal.

The point he is making is that you only have a chance to get gear one time from LFR, regardless of if you do. Even if you queue up again in LFR, you will not have any chance of getting loot, whereas with heroics, if you queue up again, you most likely will get the same heroic again and will get a chance to roll on the same loot.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Rogue
I really wish they did add the bonus roll system to LFD, tried of tanks always taking dps items that Im grinding over and over to get. If I already have it i'll pass it to him so he can get it for his OS.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/07/2012 08:11 AMPosted by Caladynus
The point he is making is that you only have a chance to get gear one time from LFR, regardless of if you do. Even if you queue up again in LFR, you will not have any chance of getting loot, whereas with heroics, if you queue up again, you most likely will get the same heroic again and will get a chance to roll on the same loot.

Should have been a big time tank in wrath/cata. Tank gear drops were horrible, went weeks and sometimes months without getting a upgrade. In wrath I used the same tank sword, shield, and trinkets because-1. drop rate was horrible, 2. lost the rolls to non-tanks. this repeated in Cata, used the same tank wep and shield all the way to the end of cata. Even heard this a couple of time, "I need it for OS." even though I needed it for my MS.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]