Aff out-done by Destro?

90 Human Warlock
I was pulling 47k burst & then steady at 40k till it slowly started going down to 36k in Destro.

But in Aff, I held steady at 33-34k the entire time. Are there any other Warlocks noticing that Destro is doing higher damage in pvp & pve? Because We are not able to hit haste cap yet or what?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I find that destruction is way behind both demonology and affliction.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I went with emphasizing Mastery instead of Haste and I'm pulling 40k+ on Heroic bosses.

No, I'm not hit capped and I'm about 461 ilvl
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
My statement was made from raiding. I'm at 467 atm & I just feel that I should be doing more since Aff is supossedly the number 1 single target damage dealer for Locks.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
My statement was made from raiding. I'm at 467 atm & I just feel that I should be doing more since Aff is supossedly the number 1 single target damage dealer for Locks.

Check out WorldofLogs and find one of the higher Aff Locks. Compare notes to your own situation.

If it's not gear, then it's probably a player issue.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
10/07/2012 10:07 AMPosted by Ðarkmagician
Because We are not able to hit haste cap yet or what?

What.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Aff is simming higher in full Tier-14 gear. However you aren't in T14 obviously so the stat weights and budgets for affliction are so messed up right now you can't properly reach a hit/haste threshold while maintaining good mastery rating.

However I play Destro much better than I play Affliction, I simply enjoy it more and I will probably always pull more dps playing Destro. You may just be one of these people. There are destro locks in the top 10 of some fights on World of Logs, granted not as many as Affliction but it's possible. You also have tons more AoE capability and, like Cata, it looks like this expansion's raids will be very AoE focused, or at least multi target which means Havoc abuse.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Oh, and get more mastery. Mastery is slightly ahead of haste in general unless you have a lot more mastery than haste.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
want my honest opinion?

All the specs are doing the same damage haha even in Raids, just tinker with stat wgt and reforing.
Edited by Djdave on 10/7/2012 10:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
what my honest opinion?

All the specs are doing the same damage haha even in Raids, just tinker with stat wgt and reforing.

what he said. It all comes down to how you like to play, and what you feel comfortable with. That being said, demo and afflic and a bit more potential than destro. Find the spec you like to play and get your stats sorted out and you'll be just fine.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Thank you for your help guys, I appreciate the feed back.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
? dude 60-70k as aff destro doesnt even stand a chance
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
The key that is often over-looked in discussions like this is the length of the execute phase.

Raid bosses usually have a long execute phase relative to 5-mans and since affliction crushes destro and demo during this time, it stands to reason that affliction will do the most dps.

That's a very simplied reasoning but from my raiding experience it's a major factor.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
When I reforged Mastery > Haste > Hit, my aff damage went far and beyond what my destro could do. Holding a 90-100k burst for about 10s? yes please!

At first, I was melting some faces with Chaos Bolt.
But now? It's all: IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZOR!!!!!
Seriously. Dat aff single target damage.
Edited by Brolan on 10/8/2012 7:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]