City Exploit Hotfixed

(Locked)

Community Manager
Earlier today, certain realms were affected by an in-game exploit, resulting in the deaths of player characters and non-player characters in some of the major cities. This exploit has already been hotfixed, so it should not be repeatable. It's safe to continue playing and adventuring in major cities and elsewhere in Azeroth.

As with any exploit, we are taking this disruptive action very seriously and conducting a thorough investigation. If you have information relating to this incident, please email hacks@blizzard.com. We apologize for the inconvenience some of you experienced as a result of this and appreciate your understanding.
Bravo. It was funny for a second, but I'm glad it's been fixed.
check out tenris its bad there
90 Goblin Mage
Bahah. Good job.
90 Undead Rogue
It
I have three acounts i cannot get on
90 Night Elf Mage
Thankyou for this, and I hope you can successfully punish those responsible.
62 Night Elf Druid
Well... The people who were responsible for this attack are the same people who crashed the servers a few weeks ago and have been messing around with the game for quite some time now. I wouldn't be surprised if they were the ones who stole all the account information a while back. I really wish you would do something about them...
90 Human Warrior
Taking it very seriously huh? Why dont you BAN THEM then? There shouldn't BE an investigation, its public knowledge! You can see the names in the game and the videos! Maybe if you got off your duffs and watched some, you could see who it is?
90 Night Elf Hunter
How is an exploit anyone elses fault but blizzards? Isn't exploiting something the same as taking advantage of something that's all ready there? I geuss my question is how can some one be punished for useing something that was part of the game? Unless by exploit they mean hacked.
12 Gnome Monk
10/07/2012 02:45 PMPosted by Fereelorn
Unless by exploit they mean hacked.

If you have information relating to this incident, please email hacks@blizzard.com.

2 + 2 = reasonable inference
Edited by Bloodsocket on 10/7/2012 2:47 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Priest
This exploit, along with crashing the servers, the DoT being cast on friendlies bug, and a couple of others have seen the same people be involved in them, if you're so serious about it maybe it's time to start handing down permanent bans? I see the same people who I know are responsible still running around in org. It's ridiculous.
85 Human Priest
We need to be able to kill our own faction.

Kill the spammers, idiots, ninjas etc... It would bring some fun PvP back into the cities ><
90 Tauren Druid
personally i like it when this stuff happens. everyone complaining now will be telling this story fondly in a few months
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/07/2012 02:43 PMPosted by Marryse
Taking it very seriously huh? Why dont you BAN THEM then? There shouldn't BE an investigation, its public knowledge! You can see the names in the game and the videos! Maybe if you got off your duffs and watched some, you could see who it is?

1. They were using trial accounts behind proxies, so they can't get their mains from that.

2. Even if they do find and ban their mains, nothing says they won't buy another copy of the game when it's on sale and get right back to it.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Thanks for the info and the hard work you guys put in to get the game back up and running :)
16 Orc Warrior
How is an exploit anyone elses fault but blizzards? Isn't exploiting something the same as taking advantage of something that's all ready there? I geuss my question is how can some one be punished for useing something that was part of the game? Unless by exploit they mean hacked.

If someone picks your lock and steals your things, how is that anyone else's fault but your own?

As with any exploit, we are taking this disruptive action very seriously

Seriously? You typed that with a straight face? Or are these guys not sponsored so its ok to take action?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]