City Exploit Hotfixed

(Locked)

90 Gnome Death Knight
Why did we have maintainance (although brief) today when all of the servers were down for 5 hours on Sunday?

Errrmmm, because the hotfix was hastily applied Sunday, as an emergency, and still needed more work?

They did the repairs during the early morning, US time, so I have no complaints.
4 Human Warlock
You people act like the people Hacking are idiots and stupid enough to not hide their identity or stupid enough to do this kind of exploit or hack on their main.Obviously they know alot about computers and it most likely will not be easy to stop them from getting into the game some way considering ANYBODY can have as many email accounts and WoW trial accounts as they want,FREE.
70 Gnome Mage
I find the humor in this as it was done and reported in beta 5 months ago and still made it to live. Grats ActiBli$$, you fail at winning.
85 Human Rogue
It's all right here on who did it, http://www.wow-plus.net/forums/content.php.
Please blizzard read and hotfix this script kitty program forever.

Not confirmed it this even works for LIVE servers, this is most likely a private server.
90 Orc Warrior
10/09/2012 09:43 AMPosted by Vèngeance
Not confirmed it this even works for LIVE servers, this is most likely a private server.

The hack was done with this program.
85 Human Rogue

The hack was done with this program.

Did you read the script? There is no death command, it's all teleporting, looting while moving, flying, etc... Nothing like mob spawning or killing on target or stat adjustment.

So the only way is they took the method of injection and wrote their own script for it.

Edit: And again, this hack most likely had an injection for a PRIVATE server without all the security Blizzard has. Thus I still don't believe this is what caused the hack.
Edited by Vèngeance on 10/9/2012 10:23 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I'm. Not a hacks fan but...it was epic
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I'm. Not a hacks fan but...it was epic
90 Undead Rogue
10/07/2012 02:40 PMPosted by Dotnet
Must of been a group of bm hunters
90 Orc Warrior
10/09/2012 10:17 AMPosted by Vèngeance
Did you read the script? There is no death command, it's all teleporting, looting while moving, flying, etc... Nothing like mob spawning or killing on target or stat adjustment.

I think you need to look more into it. Read some of the forum posts about crap they release.
70 Worgen Warrior
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-08-hackers-massacre-thousands-instantly-in-world-of-warcraft

Interesting interview with them eh Blizzard?
85 Human Rogue
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-08-hackers-massacre-thousands-instantly-in-world-of-warcraft

Interesting interview with them eh Blizzard?

"It's not like I added 20,000,000 gold to everyone's inventory and broke the economy, but look at the big Chinese gold seller companies who are doing this every day. Now ask yourself who is really ruining the game. It's not us."

Um... I could have so used that 20,000,000 gold... I think punishment for these people is now mandatory.
16 Orc Hunter
10/07/2012 02:43 PMPosted by Marryse
Taking it very seriously huh? Why dont you BAN THEM then? There shouldn't BE an investigation, its public knowledge! You can see the names in the game and the videos! Maybe if you got off your duffs and watched some, you could see who it is?

People like you crack me up.

You demand they don't investigate, but rather watch videos. You do realize that by definition watching "survelliance" videos is INVESTIGATING, right?

Granted Crime Drama shouldn't be taken as gospel, but geesh, even that much is gotten right on them.

/facepalm
58 Worgen Death Knight
Sounds like a pr stunt to me.
58 Worgen Death Knight
Hack detected. Blizzard robots deployed to seek out and destroy. Blizzard to the rescue. Do not dare us again!
60 Worgen Death Knight

So the only way is they took the method of injection and wrote their own script for it.

Edit: And again, this hack most likely had an injection for a PRIVATE server without all the security Blizzard has. Thus I still don't believe this is what caused the hack.

This WAS Done with this Program.

10/09/2012 08:05 AMPosted by Aluen
It's all right here on who did it, http://www.wow-plus.net/forums/content.php.

It IS for LIVE servers.

This Program has an lUA ENGINE That Allows for Endless Possibilities of Scripts.

It Can't Be Fixed, It Wont be Fixed, so Deal With it :D

Edit: Not to be a Douchbag (Ba Da Pa) But This is the Truth :p
Edited by Douchbäg on 10/11/2012 7:30 PM PDT
87 Goblin Mage
i totally agree with u Lingmai... there will always be ppl that despise and try to destroy the joys in life...they would be the ones that couldnt smile at the sight of a beautiful red rose in Dalaran...get a thrill from the awesome view from the floating platforms in Netherstorm..(almost) feel the patter of rain while wandering thru the Swamp of sorrows...feel the excitement of standing at the edge of the icy cliffs over Ironforge...yes i do love exploring lol
what these hackers need to realize is that ...just because they can make ppl sad and ruin their fun..doesnt mean it needs to be done...it really doesnt prove anything except that u are a criminal. If u could take a toy away from a baby and make it cry...would u do that??
i have to give many MANY Kudos to all the ppl at Blizzard that have to work so hard fixing what shouldnt be broken and keeping the world we love safe..thank u !
ps..loving Pandaria !
90 Pandaren Priest
There was no need to necro this.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]