City Exploit Hotfixed

(Locked)

90 Goblin Rogue
Rez
10/07/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Daghar
How is an exploit anyone elses fault but blizzards? Isn't exploiting something the same as taking advantage of something that's all ready there? I geuss my question is how can some one be punished for useing something that was part of the game? Unless by exploit they mean hacked.

If someone picks your lock and steals your things, how is that anyone else's fault but your own?

cause that someone picked the lock and STOLE the things...so that person will get prosecuted.. see so u make no sense
11 Troll Hunter

It's safe to continue playing and adventuring in major cities and elsewhere in Azeroth.

I beg to differ - the world is full of things out to get you!
90 Pandaren Monk
{hugs} Blizz. Sends case of Tylenol and several cases of beer...

To Players: As an admin. on another MMOP game keeping players off is neigh impossible unfortunately. Especially if they are really good at this kind of thing. One does what one can, and there are some things that can indeed be done to block it, at least for a while.

But unfortunately there is a limit as to what can actually be done. Blizz is fantastic at fixing things that have been messed up, and at blocking this for as long as possible. Kudos to Blizz as this is a major headache!

It is a risk all games have to deal with unfortunately. For some people their only joy is ruining the fun for others. They serve the darkness not the light. They are apparently not able to feel joy for a fun game, or the wonderful joy that comes from helping others. Instead they must destroy all that gives joy to others. While this is sad and pitable, they do and will continue to exist.

We can endure and rise above such low and negative behavior. We can applaud Bilzz for their hard work and basically speedy recovery (these things can be Massively time consuming to repair.) In doing this we also shun those who caused the problem. Their goal (probably to cause trouble and destroy beauty/joy) is negated as we continue to support the game and all the wonderful fun that comes with it.

Whether you like Blizz and the way they do things or not doesn't really matter in this instance. They have obviously done a spectacular job fixing this problem. May still be a few issues, but they are being fixed so very quickly! Crashing a game is not how to say you have issues with a company. The only thing it says is that you are not able to enjoy a fun game, and your attention seeking behavior reward is only in your mind.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
10/07/2012 02:43 PMPosted by Marryse
Taking it very seriously huh? Why dont you BAN THEM then? There shouldn't BE an investigation, its public knowledge! You can see the names in the game and the videos! Maybe if you got off your duffs and watched some, you could see who it is?

It's called a Starter account, simple as that. Ban a starter account, they make a new one. Thus, a investigation, like, LEGAL to try and actually find the people responsible for the disruption. Banning accounts does little to nothing to stop such things.
24 Night Elf Priest
Now, will you tell us when the jerks are arrested???
90 Human Priest
I missed it. The only exploit I haven't missed was the Mage bug where you could kill players without being flagged.
90 Draenei Hunter
Crafty little ookers aren't they?

They really should face legal action if Blizzard can track them down by home address. This amount of disruption really is beyond just a minor thing or 2. Doesn't matter is it is a bunch of kids or not, breaking the law is breaking the law. Think it is funny now, but when the police come in it won't be so funny anymore.

Do something more than just bans Blizz. Bans don't mean anything to these kids. They will just make new trial accounts and do it again. Stop it at the source.
5 Orc Rogue

If someone picks your lock and steals your things, how is that anyone else's fault but your own?

cause that someone picked the lock and STOLE the things...so that person will get prosecuted.. see so u make no sense
If someone makes a mistake and accidentally pressed the unlock button for their car instead of the lock button and someone comes along and steals everything inside of it does it make what they did any less wrong? Nope, not at all.

Hey officer, what do you mean I'm being arrested? It's not my fault that lady wasn't holding onto her purse tight enough!
Edited by Goontook on 10/7/2012 3:25 PM PDT
90 Human Priest
10/07/2012 03:17 PMPosted by Dreamlifter
Do something more than just bans Blizz. Bans don't mean anything to these kids. They will just make new trial accounts and do it again. Stop it at the source.

When something big like this happens, there will be an addition to the game so that it doesn't happen again. That's why high level NPC's are now on leashes and why Mages can't kill unflagged players. It might even have to be an addition to Warden, Blizzard's anti-cheating device, so that it doesn't happen.

As for the players themselves, something on this level (using GM powers) tends to involve the same punishment as getting to GM Island--permanent vacation from the game. Blizzard takes GM stuff more seriously than any other type of exploit or cheat in the game.
well...now now every one that is mad at blizzard for what is going...they are working hard to find the problem and fix it...and if you all are so mad then why don't you just stop playing the game? well blizzard thank you for working hard on trying to fix this problem have a good one.
90 Human Priest
10/07/2012 03:20 PMPosted by Scylvendi
I never found out how mages did that :(

There was a macro on these very boards. Then it became the Streisand effect. We saw it, were told not to do it, but we did it anyways.
73 Goblin Death Knight
I'm really glad Blizz said something about this.
44 Orc Warrior
Can someone post a link to one of the videos?
44 Orc Warrior
Tyvm for the link.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Hopefully Blizzard doesn't let these freaks get away with this. Especially after several weeks into the new expansion.
87 Draenei Death Knight
Thanks for fixing this before I was able to play! I am now glad I wasn't able to play for the past day and a half.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]