City Exploit Hotfixed

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Call me cruel, but I cannot help but lol at the first vid.
I know it is wrong, I know it is horrible ... but come-on, deep inside there is this dark desire ...

Does never justify the action. But still, there is something about seeing it that makes it awfully ironically satisfying.

Not really, I don't quite know how I'd be feeling if someone exploited the game and killed my character in a Horde city via 'friendly fire'. Yes it's a game, but I am a PERSON trying to have some fun.

Even watching a bunch of people die to this wouldn't amuse me at all. How is inconveniencing a bunch of people 'cool'?

Kudos to Blizzard, you might never stop all the hackers, but you haven't stopped trying.
90 Goblin Shaman
Thank you for acknowledging that it happened. That's what most of us wanted. :)

I e-mailed the hacks e-mail with some info that I had dug up earlier in the day.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
=O crazy stuff.

thanks for gettin our game back up guys! much appreciated <3
91 Night Elf Warrior
guess the security team got lazy over the year
90 Night Elf Warrior
See what happens when you let Pandas in the game.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Arg! I still can't log into the game! Rable! Rable! Rable!
89 Draenei Hunter
10/07/2012 02:35 PMPosted by Darkarwyn
Bahah. Good job.

Pretty much this. It was hilarious, but good on you guys for fixing it.
1 Human Warrior
10/07/2012 02:30 PMPosted by Nethaera
As with any exploit, we are taking this disruptive action very seriously and conducting a thorough investigation.

Then why is this:

10/07/2012 02:42 PMPosted by Debris
Well... The people who were responsible for this attack are the same people who crashed the servers a few weeks ago and have been messing around with the game for quite some time now.
90 Human Paladin
Get mad and stay mad
96 Human Paladin
10/07/2012 02:43 PMPosted by Marryse
Taking it very seriously huh? Why dont you BAN THEM then?

Get them convicted of felony computer crimes would be even sweeter, don't you think?
Man i hope you make this person pay and I mean like put him in jail
90 Worgen Druid
We need to be able to kill our own faction.

Kill the spammers, idiots, ninjas etc... It would bring some fun PvP back into the cities ><

EVE Online, baby. The more free and open a game is the more responsible people are.
- Hearthstone
97 Tauren Paladin
10/07/2012 02:45 PMPosted by Fereelorn
How is an exploit anyone elses fault but blizzards? Isn't exploiting something the same as taking advantage of something that's all ready there? I geuss my question is how can some one be punished for useing something that was part of the game? Unless by exploit they mean hacked.

Hack - to forcefully alter the game's code, such as changing the in-RAM memory of the game, which is a popular way for speedhacks to work.

Exploit - to abuse a bug with the game's software and/or server. In this case, the exploits that mass-murdered players and NPCs was abuse of network packets, which are the bits and bytes of data that travel from your computer to the servers and back, to my understanding of the research from a few sites talking about this problem.

"Clever use of game mechanics" - World first 90. What he did was not an exploit at all.
90 Night Elf Druid
It was like the guy from South Park, but there is no sword of 1000 truths
85 Draenei Hunter
10/07/2012 03:09 PMPosted by Lingmai
For some people their only joy is ruining the fun for others.

Now ain't that the truth ! And I don't mean just the player's.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]