Honest players lose out...

90 Tauren Death Knight
Earlier today, certain realms were affected by an in-game exploit, resulting in the deaths of player characters and non-player characters in some of the major cities. This exploit has already been hotfixed, so it should not be repeatable. It's safe to continue playing and adventuring in major cities and elsewhere in Azeroth.

As with any exploit, we are taking this disruptive action very seriously and conducting a thorough investigation. If you have information relating to this incident, please email hacks@blizzard.com. We apologize for the inconvenience some of you experienced as a result of this and appreciate your understanding.

Im quoting this from another thread because its insane how biased blizzard is with banning etc.

There are plenty of people in top guilds who got two kills on certain bosses in MSV in 1 lockout week and not one thing was said to them and they just got away with it.

Or the thousands of people who exploited crab killing via mob tagging and leveled insanely quick but those who leveled legitly it took hours up hours for.

IT DOESN'T PAY TO BE HONEST!!! MINE AS WELL JOIN IN BECAUSE ALL THEY ARE GONNA DO IS MAKE OUT MORE THEN YOU!!!!
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
I somewhat agree. I remember last expansion when a guild took advantage of an exploit to beat LK I believe. All they received was a 2-week suspension because of their name. Any other player would have been banned. I know fanbois, Blizzard's game Blizzard's rules. But it's still hypocritical.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
What does the quote have to do with anything you just said?

They found something directly effecting many people's gameplay and stopped it, and you gave a problem with that? Apparently some people really will complain about anything.

It's also pretty silly to claim there are no consequences for exploiting, when we all know that's not true.

Really??? Go look at top US guilds MOST of them have not 1 but 2 kills on most bosses in MSV where in Europe they couldn't do this and not one thing got done to those guilds
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
10/07/2012 03:44 PMPosted by Bloodero
Really??? Go look at top US guilds MOST of them have not 1 but 2 kills on most bosses in MSV where in Europe they couldn't do this and not one thing got done to those guilds

Kill boss, week resets, kill the boss again. The first week being only a few hours long because blizz reset some things at midnight ,some at 3am and some at 5am.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
There's two kinds of morality.

There's external morality - where you do something so you don't get punished.

There's internal morality - where you do something because of your own code.

External morality has no bearing on internal morality.
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
Looking at it from the punishment side, it is mala in se vs mala prohibitum.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Er, so are you saying that because some people got an extra boss kill and weren't banned, that people who used a hack/exploit/whatever to kill tons of people in capital cities shouldn't be banned?
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
-
Edited by Tyfin on 1/28/2013 5:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
-
Edited by Tyfin on 1/28/2013 5:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
6 Troll Shaman
10/07/2012 04:16 PMPosted by Mooniverse
Er, so are you saying that because some people got an extra boss kill and weren't banned, that people who used a hack/exploit/whatever to kill tons of people in capital cities shouldn't be banned?
You're interpreting it the complete opposite way...
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Rogue
Can you really not see the difference between forcing downtime for potentially hundreds of thousands of players, vs. killing a boss at every opportunity Blizzard gives you?

If these top guilds had come up with some scheme that prevented every other guild from getting into the raid, they would've been banned in a heartbeat.

Its not even clear that the immediate kill really is cheating. That's been the reset schedule every week for years now. The fact that a handful of guilds were in a position to do something with those few hours doesn't make them cheaters.
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Warrior
Extra loot is totally equal to wiping entire cities and preventing people from playing the game.
Or something.
Reply Quote
92 Gnome Warlock
Tyfin, 6 hypno dust is serious business!
Edited by Brutaria on 10/7/2012 5:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
I bet they just say they are 'investigating' but have already banned them and frying them to the wall....not really. You and I will never know what they do to these people because we don't work for Blizzard. Making assumptions based on no evidence is a bad thing. Yea these people may be back but maybe because they bought another account. How can you stop that? I trust Blizzard they are doing there best they can to bring us a quality product. Of course I don't hate the world and look for the bad in everything like some of you do.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
why even play, if all you are going to do is cheat?

no title, gear, mount, pet, tabard or achievement is ever going to amount to anything or impress anyone.

if you cheat to get those things, you only rob yourself of the sense of achievement, from actually accomplishing your goals.

do you really want to be the shallow bit part, in the story of your own fantasy life?
or the interesting well written hero?
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Warrior
Did you farm up Wildfowl Breasts when they were 100% drop to make some extra cooking tokens?
Did you never turn in your MF dailies just before the Tuesday maintenance so you didn't have to grind it as long? How about Darkmoon Faire?

Apparently these are cheating too.
Reply Quote
5 Gnome Mage
Did you farm up Wildfowl Breasts when they were 100% drop to make some extra cooking tokens?
Did you never turn in your MF dailies just before the Tuesday maintenance so you didn't have to grind it as long? How about Darkmoon Faire?

Apparently these are cheating too.

I did the wildfowl breast one. I had 22 stacks in an hour. it was glorious :D I'm upset it's gone now :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]