Please buff Ox Deck THANK YOU!!!!

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Seriously, it's almost worthless except for tank fights where there is something that HAS to be avoided, i.e Decimation Blade on Baleroc

Please give it static mastery so it has viable use in raids.

Also, on a side note, whoever designed Darkmoon Cards hasn't created a decently weighted tank stat trinket since BC... Food for thought.
Edited by Holytwilight on 10/8/2012 7:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
10/07/2012 04:40 PMPosted by Holytwilight
Also, on a side note, whoever designed Darkmoon Cards hasn't created a decently weighted tank stat trinket since BC... Food for thought.
What a shame that these aren't weighted better.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
Lol yeah, it's a gamble when making a card as a scribe. If you create an Ox card you just threw a few thousand gold worth of mats in the garbage can.

It's kind of shocking that the tanking card has been THIS bad twice in a row, when the other cards have been better than decent.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
I'd hazard to say they're doing this on purpose.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Thank you for pointing out to me how bad they were. I was going to get one for this toon. I hadnt looked it up yet and was just going to blindly buy one with cards my scribe made. Now ill just try to sell them off.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
honestly they just need to add anything to make it a DECENT trinket... I mean seriously the heroic dungeon trinkets with mastery destroy this one =\
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
10/07/2012 07:01 PMPosted by Broskin
I'd hazard to say they're doing this on purpose.

I would as well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I'll finish making one, get the deck, and turn it into a Sha Crystal.

Sick value.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yeah, they can't have all 4 decks being BiS or close-to for their respective roles. There has to be some chance at crap, and Ox cards are it.
Edited by Eeboo on 10/8/2012 7:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/08/2012 06:59 AMPosted by Eeboo
Yeah, they can't have all 4 decks being BiS or close-to for their respective roles. There has to be some chance at crap, and Ox cards are it.

why cant you? all ox decks being terrible does is make the other 3 decks essentially 25%(i think its actually more like 20 since you clearly get more tiger/serpents than crane/oxe) because ox cards are basically throwaways. You could accomplish the same by just making darkmoon cards cost 12 startlight ink.

honestly darkmoon cards are to costly to really warrant a chance at crap.

at least in the past the tank trinkets were just "not that good" now its completely worthless
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman

I'm not sure that is true. I understand for purposes of balance why that seems to be a logical assumption, but there should be a distinction between raid/heroic dungeon gear that can be gained through the grind of time, versus BoE gear that can be gained through a grinding of goldmaking.

Blizzard is already going this route with the black market auction house. There is no reason why this card is so bad. As a frequent tank, I have zero interest in a trinket like this.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm not saying I agree with it, I am just saying that it was done so that this profession isn't even more of a license to print money than it already is.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Here's an idea, but a legendary gem socket in it?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

I get that they want to make it a gamble when making them but why does it always have to be the tanks trinket that's the crap one? Couldn't they have screwed one of the other classes over this time or at least made the card bad but not complete garbage like the cata one. It is nothing but a sha crystal at this point which is pretty pathetic. I am still holding onto my deck with hopes that it will be buffed in the very near future though.
Edited by Shlongis on 10/8/2012 1:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
it has to be tanks so they need to run than many more 5mans to shorten que times.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
10/08/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Zachfu
it has to be tanks so they need to run than many more 5mans to shorten que times.

Its pretty mean of Blizzard to pick on tanks like that if this is their reason for making the tank trinket near useless. I keep hoping it was an oversight and it was never meant to go live in its current version. I mean I would rather use my heroic soul shifter over this with a 66 item level difference that's pretty bad.
Edited by Shlongis on 10/8/2012 1:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
i don't think its an oversight because im fairly certain it was better on beta and was nerfed.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Well that is just sad and disappointing. I guess I will give it a week to see if we get any kind of response of a buff or a sorry tanks we just hate you and use the DMF trinkets to tell you that every expansion to see if I have an extremely expensive Sha crystal.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
10% Dodge isn't near enough to even be a good "oh no!" cd.
For Cata, the Earthquake deck was nearly worthless, but at least had static stats that were good until you could replace it.
As for the Ox deck, if it had enough dodge to effectively negate incoming damage for a reasonable period of time, that would be one thing, but 10% dodge on CD with no other useful stats makes it only viable to pad gear score to get into an instance or raid (with the sacrifice of a trinket slot) Right now its selling for 6-8k on Mal'ganis - US server during the first week of raid with DMF active.

It is effectively the scribes "whammy" because the cards value is much less than the materials value. All the other DMF trinkets sell on Mal'Ganis -US for 80-120k whereas an OX deck is 6-9k (which says volumes)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Holy crap blizzard listens! <3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]