Please buff Ox Deck THANK YOU!!!!

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Indeed. Oxen cards are no longer horrible!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
The card was buffed, it now gives 1434 passive stamina as well as the 1min dodge use
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
Bah their was some info on this 2-3 hours ago then it was deleted by a GM, I canceled my oxen and thought about buying. Every oxen is now 10x higher then 3 hours ago.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
I'm happy this got changed. But I can't help but see a lesson in this:

We asked them to review this trinket on beta forums: nothing.
We tell them this trinket is awful on professions forum: nothing.
Someone mentioned this trinket is awful in general forum: buffed in a few hours.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
To be honest, I would prefer it stay useless. I do not care for and will never care for playing the Auction House, period. As such, I dont have the funds to purchase it. Oh well.

Im a little peeved because I was stupid enough to buy the one in Cataclysm and they did....absolutely nothing. Thanks Blizzard, appreciate it.
Edited by Rockpops on 10/9/2012 4:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
To be honest, I would prefer it stay useless. I do not care for and will never care for playing the Auction House, period. As such, I dont have the funds to purchase it. Oh well.

Im a little peeved because I was stupid enough to buy the one in Cataclysm and they did....absolutely nothing. Thanks Blizzard, appreciate it.

So if you can't have it, no one should?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I guess I should have seen it coming, but I've sold 3-4 oxen cards in teh past week for 1000g or less :/
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
10/09/2012 08:09 AMPosted by Jozie
So if you can't have it, no one should?

I wouldnt go that far, im just saying that its personally advantageous to me to be useless. Guess who has to explain to his raid leader why I wont be getting a BiS trinket thats stupidly overbudgeted for its ilvl?

Im also really really selfish. Sue me.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Holy crap blizzard listens! <3

We do. It's true. Sometimes the answer isn't, "yes", but we do listen and if it is "yes", you'll see it at some point.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Ok now make the serpent deck trinket let me spit venom and instead of that "egg" effect, make it look like a white snake is coiled around me. Uh oh. Whitesnake. Here I go again . . .
Reply Quote
Community Manager
10/09/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Sitgarath
Ok now make the serpent deck trinket let me spit venom and instead of that "egg" effect, make it look like a white snake is coiled around me. Uh oh. Whitesnake. Here I go again . . .

Now that song is in my head. For that, the answer is, "no". ;P
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

We do. It's true. Sometimes the answer isn't, "yes", but we do listen and if it is "yes", you'll see it at some point.

I'm curious why this is with basically anything tanking. The deck was equally worthless from the Darkmoon Cata ones and in a lot of events (minus Brewfest) almost nothing is of appeal to tanks. The swords, trinkets, mostly anything that drops (besides Brewfest like I said) is quite terrible to tanks.

I'm only talking about events and special trade in items like this one.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
I'm actually shocked it was fixed. the cata darkmoon deck was about as worthless and stayed that way entire expansion. the heroic 5 man options were so much better and then first tier raid trinket options. the DMF tank trinket of cata was a waste of gold. When i saw ox deck i thought "another worthless tank trinket" and moved on. Put no effort into acquisition cause i expected a repeat of cataclysm. Lesson learned.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
While I'm very happy that this trinket received a buff (thank you!) in a timely manner, Nethaera, can you comment (or inquire) as to why using this trinket puts any engineering glove tinker on the same cooldown as the trinket itself?

It happens with all of my existing glove tinkers, even ones with little relation to dodging. I can understand giving it a slight cooldown in combination with Phase Fingers, but Synapse Springs?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
While I'm very happy that this trinket received a buff (thank you!) in a timely manner, Nethaera, can you comment (or inquire) as to why using this trinket puts any engineering glove tinker on the same cooldown as the trinket itself?

It happens with all of my existing glove tinkers, even ones with little relation to dodging. I can understand giving it a slight cooldown in combination with Phase Fingers, but Synapse Springs?

This is unintended and we intend to hotfix this in the near future (no eta I can give you but it shouldn't be long). The intended functionality is that On Use effects from trinkets, and Engineering glove tinkers, only applies a short cooldown equal to their effect duration to the others.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
10/09/2012 03:12 PMPosted by Nethaera
This is unintended and we intend to hotfix this in the near future (no eta I can give you but it shouldn't be long). The intended functionality is that On Use effects from trinkets, and Engineering glove tinkers, only applies a short cooldown equal to their effect duration to the others.

Thank you for the response, and I look forward to the hotfix in the future. Just nice to know it's on the radar! :)
Reply Quote
94 Gnome Warlock

I'm grateful for the fix, but did it have to be given stamina of all things? That only makes it this side of useless instead of completely useless :(
Reply Quote
91 Human Paladin

I’m glad this trinket got a buff, however honestly Nethaera it should never had needed a buff as internally you guys should have done a better job at making sure its stat weighting reflected its item level.

Basically the way it was shipped it’s similar to selling a car without a steering wheel and four wheels. I’m sure there are a lot of annoyed scribes out there who basically viewed the Ox deck as worthless and lost out when the news broke to all the people taking advantage of the sudden buff and cleaning the AH out of bargin priced Ox cards, decks and trinkets.

I hope at the next Skull (referring to that dancing skull we see sometimes here) and candle meeting you guys surely have on Fridays :) you pass back from the Scribe Union that we are not happy about situations like these occurring.
Reply Quote
Community Manager

I’m glad this trinket got a buff, however honestly Nethaera it should never had needed a buff as internally you guys should have done a better job at making sure its stat weighting reflected its item level.

Basically the way it was shipped it’s similar to selling a car without a steering wheel and four wheels. I’m sure there are a lot of annoyed scribes out there who basically viewed the Ox deck as worthless and lost out when the news broke to all the people taking advantage of the sudden buff and cleaning the AH out of bargin priced Ox cards, decks and trinkets.

I hope at the next Skull (referring to that dancing skull we see sometimes here) and candle meeting you guys surely have on Fridays :) you pass back from the Scribe Union that we are not happy about situations like these occurring.

There's a scribe union now? Well, at least the picket signs will be magical and well written. ;)

We'll pass along the feedback, just keep in mind that what may seem simple at first glance rarely ever is as it seems. I've said this many times over the years, but there are many moving parts for the developers and engineers to consider and a "simple" change (as you're all well aware) can create a domino effect. Unfortunately, we don't always catch everything, and sometimes after a major patch or new content is added, we still have more work to do to "fix" anything that might seem just a bit off, or not as it probably should be. The thing that should help some (even if it's sometimes inconvenient) is that we don't just call things good and forget about them. It may take a bit to identify an issue or to get to something, but that doesn't mean anyone rests on their laurels.

This is a living breathing game and we have to treat it as such. The important thing for everyone to remember is constructive feedback does help a lot, and that change is going to happen regularly (small or large) so it's important to be a bit adaptable to those changes as they go. That doesn't mean to accept everything as it is all the time, it just means being able to identify the things that matter to you most and let the smaller things not bother you as much.

Again, all the feedback has been appreciated. Thank you everyone.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
10/10/2012 08:08 AMPosted by Nethaera
We'll pass along the feedback, just keep in mind that what may seem simple at first glance rarely ever is as it seems.

I really don't understand this answer.

I'd understand if you had like 1 DMC deck, or the tank trinket this was a drop from a boss, but it's not. Each expac you create an agility, strength, int, spirit/healer, and tank deck, and make them grossly powerful, but hard to make, and therefore expensive/time-consuming to get, yet you blatantly failed at the cataclysm tank deck, and the MoP tank deck (until the buff). Don't remember the WoTLK trinket, but I heard the last good DMC tank trinket was in TBC so you're going on three expacs it sounds like.

It shouldn't take that much work to spot that the tank deck was way underpowered. It took players all of 30 seconds. We didn't need to know the encounters. We didn't need to know a stat priority. We just had to compare it to other trinkets to realize its inferiority. We know you have more on your plate than us when we look for stuff like this. 10 million players to however many Blizzard employees give us an advantage. I guess I just assume that you would have a set group of employees working on professions (and possibly other areas), and possibly even groups broken down into each profession so these people should have most of their focus set on this area.

From a player perspective it looks like you buffed the trinket from our outcry about how inferior it was, you even had players speculating that Blizz makes one crap deck so that there's always a fail card to make. Whether or not that's true or not, if it really was a slipping through the crack situation I think you should have stated at the release of MoP, or sometime much earlier than now, saying the tank trinket will be buffed, because now it just looks like you're trying to say it slipped through the cracks which doesn't really look true at all when you look at past DMC tank trinkets. People are actually surprised you buffed it because of how bad past DMC tank trinkets are. Saying it just slipped through the cracks seems extremely unbelievable.
Edited by Liax on 10/10/2012 8:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]