Nerf challenge modes

(Locked)

93 Orc Warlock
No, just no. Many people actually love to be challenged and get rewarded for their hard work. If you complain about comps then you clearly have no understanding of what to do since the group I run with have managed golds with no bloodlust, etc.

Just to be blunt, stop wasting time complaining and up your game.
Edited by Melon on 10/8/2012 9:12 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
No, just no. Many people actually love to be challenged and get rewarded for their hard work. If you complain about comps then you clearly have no understanding of what to do since the group I run with have managed golds with no bloodlust, etc.

Just to be blunt, stop wasting time complaining and up your game.

You can up your game all you want, if the other 4 people aren't at the same level, you're not making it. Personal skill is 100% meaningless in this game unless you're surrounded by equal or better skill.

Groups CAN do it with no bloodlust. But there's no way to deny that there's groups missing it because of not having that buff.

It just seems VERY against the idea of bringing the player and not the class. If you don't have the right utility in your group, you can hit a big problem. This is something that not even heroic raids run into. Your group should make sense, but it shouldn't depend on stacking the right classes with the right talents to be useful. It's arena brought into PvE. Some comps work, some don't, and some classes are just borderline useless.
100 Human Paladin
10/09/2012 06:17 AMPosted by Aldiara
It just seems VERY against the idea of bringing the player and not the class.

That never was intended to apply to hard mode raiding, and therefore I wouldn't expect it to apply here, for the same reason: when content is tuned up to the max, balancing different classes/specs becomes impossible.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, I'd like a Ferrari too, but sadly it's out of my budget.

You have about 2 years to practice and get gold medals out of this, and you're already complaining on week 3?
Edited by Zurak on 10/11/2012 7:24 AM PDT
25 Blood Elf Priest
10/07/2012 07:26 PMPosted by Immolatus
Please blizz just make it so you get the transmog armor for completing all of them instead of having to get all gold medals. (which is impossible atm cause everyone sucks and can't even get bronze, heck just finding a group or guild for them is impossible.)

No.

I'm casual as well, love the gear that challenge modes provide and never expect to see it on any of my toons.

At the end of the day there needs to be something in the game with regard to difficulty and reward that is worth it to get better. There should be at least one thing that remains uncompromised.

Challenge modes and their reward are fine like they are. Leave them alone.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/11/2012 04:52 AMPosted by Osmeric
It just seems VERY against the idea of bringing the player and not the class.

That never was intended to apply to hard mode raiding, and therefore I wouldn't expect it to apply here, for the same reason: when content is tuned up to the max, balancing different classes/specs becomes impossible.

Unless that utility was more realistically available. Maybe give the group leader a bloodlust button, or things like that, let those critical things have an opportunity to actually end up in the group.

Everyone has something they can bring to the group, a great example is how rogues can stealth the entire group and skip a few trash pulls to save time... My worry is when it gets to a point that these things are required, not by game design, but by how this community has worked for the last 8 years.
90 Human Death Knight
Bloodlust is not why you can't do challenge modes. Get better.

At the very least, get a few bronze medals before you start worrying about whether a 40 second haste buff is what is really standing between you and victory.

You're in for a surprise about the amazing-ness of rogue stealth too, by the way.
100 Orc Shaman
No x1000

Why not, instead of asking the dungeons to be brought down to your level, you bring yourself to the dungeon's level instead. Learn your rotation, learn some keybinds, and learn the layout of the dungeon.

Til' then, keep keyboard turning your way through heroics
100 Orc Warlock
10/07/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Postonforums
No
90 Worgen Druid
10/07/2012 07:26 PMPosted by Immolatus
reason I hated pikmin and majora's mask

Only thing I agree with you on. :)
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I'm more of a pvp guy and I got all golds, if u consider yourself a pve guy then it should be no problem. Just put in the work and trust your group, most importantly trust your skill
90 Human Death Knight
10/7/12
100 Human Paladin
10/07/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Postonforums
No

Also: necro.
Edited by Osmeric on 2/21/2013 7:29 AM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]