The Expansion AFTER MOP

(Locked)

85 Night Elf Death Knight
So I've been wondering what the expansion after Mists of Pandaria is going to be. I noticed the Draenei, Gnomes, and Blood Elves have kind of been left out of the lore. I feel like it should either be about The Burning Legion. Us going on a full scale attack to take them out. Plus the Gnomes, and Trolls need their own city... Tell me what you think!
90 Draenei Shaman
They said its gonna be a burning Legion Expac so drenaei are sure to be covered in the lore department.
100 Night Elf Hunter
10/07/2012 07:37 PMPosted by Zerde
They said its gonna be a burning Legion Expac

Where did they say this?
55 Gnome Death Knight
10/07/2012 07:47 PMPosted by Jbarta
They said its gonna be a burning Legion Expac

Where did they say this?

Nowhere. They haven't said anything specific about the next expansion, it is merely an assumption.

However, it is probably the correct assumption. There are numerous hints at Legion activity again, and Metzen did say there's things for both the Draenei and BE in the pipeline, so add together the two and you get Legion material again.
90 Human Monk
10/07/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Eredanor
So I've been wondering what the expansion after Mists of Pandaria is going to be. I noticed the Draenei, Gnomes, and Blood Elves have kind of been left out of the lore. I feel like it should either be about The Burning Legion. Us going on a full scale attack to take them out. Plus the Gnomes, and Trolls need their own city... Tell me what you think!

One does not simply "take out" a Legion that spans half the known galaxy.
1 Human Paladin
10/07/2012 07:48 PMPosted by Cirno

Where did they say this?

Nowhere. They haven't said anything specific about the next expansion, it is merely an assumption.

However, it is probably the correct assumption. There are numerous hints at Legion activity again, and Metzen did say there's things for both the Draenei and BE in the pipeline, so add together the two and you get Legion material again.

Giant teased added to the protips portion of the loading screen:

"Nobody seen Alleria and Turallyon for years"

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/4232/wowscrnshot061812123423.jpg

It hints heavily we will go back to fighting the Burning Legion/Explore new areas outside Draenor.

I highly doubt that these two will be added in Mists, because 1.) It doesn't make sense, 2.) these 2 are primary pro-alliance, anti orc would not tie in with an expansion based around "why do we fight" and 3.) How did they get they get there?
70 Undead Rogue
Well lets see.

Demons > Undead > Dragons > Pandas.

Next should be something along the lines of My Little Pony or Ooompa Loompas.
90 Draenei Shaman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO0mdF2jYL4

Watch it at 2:44. Metzen talks about the Burning Legion, the return of Alleria/Turelyon and possibly players seeing Sargeras.
85 Human Paladin
Return of the Burning Legion/Argus or the other side of Azeroth.
55 Gnome Death Knight
10/07/2012 08:05 PMPosted by Zerde

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO0mdF2jYL4

Watch it at 2:44. Metzen talks about the Burning Legion, the return of Alleria/Turelyon and possibly players seeing Sargeras.

I can't watch at the moment, but while he talks about it, they don't outright say "the next expansion involves the Legion," does he?

In which case, you're still assuming.
91 Blood Elf Mage
I'm hoping for dark and evil after the Pandas. Karazan Crypts anyone?
Edited by Simplyred on 10/7/2012 8:12 PM PDT
90 Human Warrior
Demons > Undead > Dragons > Manifested Negative Emotions.

Fixed that for you.
90 Night Elf Druid
10/07/2012 08:12 PMPosted by Whiskered
I am betting this is the last and final expac. They have got to be coming close to finishing titan, and when they do i am thinking they will be shutting wow down or at least begin phasing it out.

They are going to end the most successful MMO in the world with 10 million players still interested in it? Why would they shut down their most successful product? Doesn't make any sense. As long as there are people playing, as long as it's still profitable, the game will be there. There are older MMOs much less successful than WoW that are still running today.

For the next expansion, I think it depends on how MoP ends; unlike previous expansions, they have said that now the patches may not be directly related to the previous content of the expansion or Pandaria itself, so the next patches (and the expansion) could really be anything. My opinion though is that Azshara+Old Gods would make a good expansion, but it would be too similar to Cataclysm and they missed the opportunity to include it there, so Burning Legion again is more likely.
Edited by Falerin on 10/7/2012 8:22 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Warrior
Well lets see.

Demons > Undead > Dragons > Pandas.

Next should be something along the lines of My Little Pony or Ooompa Loompas.

"Who wants a CUPCAAAAKKKEE!?"
100 Tauren Paladin
I wouldnt mind if it had to do with the Legion and whatnot, but I just hope they dont pull a "Cataclysm" and waste time redoing Outland. I rather all that Dev. time be used on new land.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]