I... LOVE... HEALING!

90 Draenei Priest
Here's to you feral druid in resto gear with +agi gems tanking Heroic Underbog

And to you protection paladin in ret pvp gear tanking Heroic Durnholde.

I healed your groups...so others wouldn't have to.
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Priest
Many '!@#$%, handle it!

Healing is awesome, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Tanks fight bosses.
DPS fight time.
Healers fight Death itself.

"What do we say to the God of Death?
Not today."
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Death Knight
I like to heal. The only problem is that I find it hard to multi-task environmental avvareness vvhile having my eyes glued to party frames and clicking on them all the time. It's neat, just haven't figured out a good vvay to balance it so I can actually tell vvhat's going on around me. Unless i've memorized the fight dovvn to the second, I find myself getting dizzy. But, I main mage/holy priest. It's fun so far. I like it more than DPS.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I love healing. I just can't ever see myself playing any other role at max level anymore. It's my thing.

It's gotten to where my tank buddy likes to stand in bad stuff to build his Vengeance because he knows I can heal him through it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I LOOOOVE healing as well! I have an 85 Rdruid begging to be levelled and a disc priest working her way up to 90 as well. Dg, pvp, or raiding, it's without a doubt one of the funnest things I've ever done in WoW. You're right, it can be stressful at times, and it's annoying when people say you're in the wrong because they stood in the fire and the fire>your heals, but apart from that my god it is so fun. I played my friend's Rsham back in Cata for about a week, that was THE. BEST. HEALING. TOON. EVER.

I have this really strong urge to go level my rdruid right now.

+10 internets for wowcrendor.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I like healing... on my moonkin.
I should probably seek help.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
you'll one day get "that group".

"That group" for me was a group with 2 prot paladins the one dpsing terribly getting carried through a heroic and doing EVERYTHING wrong almost like he was trollin me. Standing in every single avoidable damage in the dungeon and pulling the sorryiest excuse for dps I ever laid witness to since that expansion...and probably half the expansion prior. I finally pipe up and mention that he is prot, the next pull he dies from way too much damage. He says and I quote "Your not even trying are you?" *brain explode incoming nerd rage* I got kicked from the dungeon lol.

Now any time I get bad players in my group I keep quiet but would probably get kicked if all the group members were on skype with me.
Edited by Touchin on 10/8/2012 9:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
10/07/2012 09:20 PMPosted by Mikosa
"Get out of the fire, get out of the fire, you're in the fire, get out of the fire, oh you're dead."

^^

>.>

I love healing as well. The only class I won't heal on is Monk, simply because I cannot make it work.
I love healing. I just can't ever see myself playing any other role at max level anymore. It's my thing.

It's gotten to where my tank buddy likes to stand in bad stuff to build his Vengeance because he knows I can heal him through it.

My brother and I do that. <.<
Edited by Gerart on 10/8/2012 9:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Healing.. fun.. in this expansion? Ah, you're not a Priest.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Healing is the most fun.
Reply Quote
I love healing, its why im making this toon, it was the only healer class left to play.

Im getting so much rage in low level dungeons that im almost a zen priest atm. Nothing can disturb myself from my main task: heal the tank and avoid getting killed, while i let dps turn to ashes from that pretty fire at their feet.
Reply Quote
88 Human Paladin
yeah i have all the healing classes. have a preference for resto druids, holy pallies and priests. can't seem to get the hang of resto shammies and pretty sure i'm not going to like the dps/heal rotation of mistweavers, although i have one. just don't like to dps.
Reply Quote
53 Blood Elf Paladin
I love it too, though I use the Healbot addon but I still find it fun. Sometimes I have trouble deciding whether to tank or heal my next dungeon, so I queue up as both. :P
But I love it, also have a priest I'm healing with, want to try all the classes.
Reply Quote
16 Troll Druid
]I'm sure. Still has the new heal smell to it.

Give me time, I'll start yelling.

Yelling is an early stage. That happens long before you just start quietly letting them die. And that comes a little while before you start enjoying watching them die.

LOL. I get such a perverse sense of satisfaction letting people die to their own fail.

Stand in the bad stuff but make an attempt to move out, even slowly, and I'll heal you.

Stand in the bad stuff and refuse to move, I'll watch you die.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hey healer I'm not really going to be able to take good hits. So don't mind me I'm going to stand in bad after pulling the whole room and that mob in the next. When I die because you have a mob smacking you I'll call you names. Yep bad healer for allowing me to die while the mob is smacking you and I cannot keep aggro.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
When I first got WoW back in Vanilla and was deciding what class to pick, I determined pretty much unequivocally that:

"Healing is for wimps. Stand in the back and patch up allies' wounds? BAH! I'd much rather be in the action!"

Towards the tail end of Vanilla, I made a priest and got to bring her into a few raids as a healer -- she was definitely an "alt" though and while healing seemed fun, I didn't really give being a healer on my main any thought. After all, DPS is where it's at, right? When I was preparing a bio for this character pre-BC launch, I even stated "she'll be enhance all the time!".

Something changed between level 1 and level 70 when I rolled this character and she gradually became my main. At first, I started focusing on her more because I was disenchanted with my DPS character and frankly, totems are lots of fun. When this character hit 70, I had a bunch of BOE epics from guild crafters and she was raid ready within a week.

There was -nothing- like the rush I got that first time I got stuck in the melee by myself on Void Reaver, spamming chain heals, and juggling mana regen just to stay afloat. From that point on, I was hooked. This resto shaman has been my full time main since BC/Wrath (she was still an alt for most of BC) and I've become something of a professional healer. I'm that person who everyone assumes is going to heal when I join a group, even if I'm on a dps character. Healing suits my personality -- I enjoy being able to pull the group back from the brink with some well-timed cooldowns -- and DPS just seems so boring in comparison.

Is it stressful sometimes? Sure -- I joke that one of our DPS shouting "babies!!" when she ran off to kill the adds on Bethilac still makes me wince. Chimaeron left my hands shaking the first time we downed him. And Spine...who wants to talk about Spine?

Still, I love it, and I most enjoy being able to work alongside other healers in a raid environment. There's nothing like a well-oiled healing team machine :-)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I have an 80 Priest (I boosted her when my boyfriend sent me a Scroll of Rez), but I'm still too chicken sh!t to try healing on her, lol. I made her main spec Shadow. I also have a Druid and a Pally I could make healing a secondary spec on. I guess I'm just so used to DPS and I burnt out on tanking a long time ago. Who knows, maybe your thread can be the kick in the butt I need to finally try it :P.
Edited by Malakaí on 10/8/2012 10:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Holy poop! 4 pages?!

Haha, awesome!

I loved reading all the stories from everyone! I know it's going to be a pain sometimes, but being with guildies makes it that much better.

Thank you all for the insight, I'll be on a look out for "That Group"
Reply Quote
33 Blood Elf Paladin
LOL. I get such a perverse sense of satisfaction letting people die to their own fail.

Stand in the bad stuff but make an attempt to move out, even slowly, and I'll heal you.

Stand in the bad stuff and refuse to move, I'll watch you die.

I think most healers have a passive-aggressive streak. We love to watch the bads die, while knowing in our hearts we could have saved him - if we wanted to.
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Shaman
Haha, I said the same thing until I rolled this toon. ;D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]