This is PATHETIC

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Arenas, PVP... It's all absolutely pathetic right now.
CC is broken.
Mages are broken (Too many reasons to list)
Warriors are broken (100%-20% in 1 second)
Hunters are broken (Lawl Stampede)
Resto druids are broken (180k ferocious bite?)

In all my years of playing WoW and seeing each expansion, I've never seen a worse job of balancing PVP than I see right now. Terrible job. Way to go on starting the PVP season with everything extremely unbalanced like it is at the moment.
Reply Quote
^ I agree been playing this game for 8 years.... very disappointed.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
a resto druid did 180k ferocious bite? damn
Reply Quote
Agreed on all points.
goin' pve this patch/x-pack or just quitting.
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 10:35 PMPosted by Amiracle
a resto druid did 180k ferocious bite? damn
Heart of the Wild.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
thats how it should be
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok well I'm relieved to know it's not just me out there who feels this way. Thank you all for your responses. BTW, unless you or your partner is a Mage/War/Hunter, don't queue for 2 v 2... It's not very pretty ATM -_-
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I want some blue post on what they are going to do to address this terrible balance of pvp gameplay. We have terrible MMR inflation. Classes globaling others. CC is broken. Offhealing is too much in arena. Main healing is too much in arena. Burst is too much. I know blues dont read these forums but a very large community of this game plays this game strictly for pvp.

Some following changes that need to happen
Dispel returned to how it was.
Spellsteal needs its mana cost upped.
Stampede needs to be removed from arena w/ marksman dmg upped.
Warrior needs less dmg right now. But bladestorm needs to be aquired from just being Arms. shockwave is the obvious talent to get here for peels and bladestorm is needed to avoid cc/snares.
Mages frost bomb dmg needs to be tone downed A LOT
All blanket silence abilities that are also interrupts need to be removed. you should be awarded for interrupting an ability not for missing it. one is the point of juking a cs if the blanket last as long as a melee interrupt.
Shamans earthshield should not be dispellable imo in 1 global.
there needs to be some sort of hot protection built in with healers for bubbles/absorbs/ES/hots etc. mages being able to spellsteal their way back to full health by spamming that ability and gaining mana negative.
Certain talents need to NOT be offered when iN certain specs. for example silence shot with a BM hunter. or Deep freeze as a fire mage.
The amount of INSTANT abilties/CC in this game needs to be toned down. Its like noone even needs to cast anything anymore to take someone out of the game. No need to juke anymore.
Edited by Owlgore on 10/7/2012 11:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
if you returned dispel to the way it was, it would only make melee stronger than they already are
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I agree with a lot of what Owlgore is saying. I have not seen any blue post saying they're going to fix things so I can only assume that they're not going to. If they're not going to, then I'm honestly done with this game and am going to find something else to play, even though I hold Activision stock :P I'm one of those people who play this game solely for PVP as I find PVE to be extremely boring, unchallenging, and repetitive.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You do realize some things can be stopped (ie. mage burst, rogue burst, spriest dmg, lock dmg) and some things can't be stopped (AVATAR (you can stun them, they will still have avatar up after), Beastial Wrath) and thus is why immunities are the stupidest !@#$ in the game. If both teams had a melee/caster/healer the game would have some semblance of balance because both teams can set up a spammable cc (poly,fear,hex or clone,some %^-* like that whatevs) and do instant dmg (melee) and casted dmg ( caster) for interesting dynamic games.

Instead blizzard gives retarded melee+ hunters immunities (like enhance shammies too in old school beast cleave) so they can be untouchable and just tunnel hardstyle for the win. Avatar last so long they can wait out a mage iceblock, pala bubble, and still 100-0 all over again.

It's completely retarded, and I don't understand why people don't understand that immunities are the broken part of this stupid !@#$ing game.

Agreed. I'd even be fine with them getting rid of Paladin Bubble. That crap is so cheap.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
why the hell is this thread down-voted/reported? everything he stated is correct

friend of mine on my realm plays a resto druid and does insane damage
Reply Quote
86 Human Mage
why the hell is this thread down-voted/reported? everything he stated is correct

friend of mine on my realm plays a resto druid and does insane damage

I gave it a thumbs up and clicked requested sticky. This is the worst season ever and the OP pretty much nailed the problems. I've canceled my account since Blizzard is too lazy or can't get their act together.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I've not seen PVP this unbalanced or mechanically clunky in an mmo game since vanilla/other games where PVP isn't really a focus (e.g. DDO)

PVP right now feels like a community addon that allows classes in a PVE game to fight in PVP, but without any attention payed to how it would be done.

Funny that TBC and wrath were the expos where PVP was generally best, and also the ones with the most subscribers.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
im at a loss of words.. a friend and i just did 2's.. im a rdruid hes an unholy dk. we matched up against a resto shaman and bm hunter.. just feel like quitting the game.. not trying to QQ.. but jesus christ.. its a tad rediculous. within 15 seconds of the match we both died to the hunter the shaman basically didnt have to leave the starting zone.. he popped beastial wrath and his stampede.. and the damage was unhealable.. the dk dropped.. i popped all defensive cd's and i sank within no lie 2 seconds.. the match was 15 seconds all together and the bm hunter did 1.5 million damage.. wow.. thats just intense. i felt the wrath of a mage.. it was crazy but survivable.. warriors felt their wrath.. idk what to say about that.. popping reck and avatar is just insane.. unhealable basically as well.. cc's? its a joke.. 8 second cd on clensing kinda killed it.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
lol, you would be at loss of words, I would just be like, que up again for I can get my points for the week and be done with this
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/08/2012 12:38 AMPosted by Legendairyqt
im at a loss of words.. a friend and i just did 2's.. im a rdruid hes an unholy dk. we matched up against a resto shaman and bm hunter.. just feel like quitting the game.. not trying to QQ.. but jesus christ.. its a tad rediculous. within 15 seconds of the match we both died to the hunter the shaman basically didnt have to leave the starting zone.. he popped beastial wrath and his stampede.. and the damage was unhealable.. the dk dropped.. i popped all defensive cd's and i sank within no lie 2 seconds.. the match was 15 seconds all together and the bm hunter did 1.5 million damage.. wow.. thats just intense. i felt the wrath of a mage.. it was crazy but survivable.. warriors felt their wrath.. idk what to say about that.. popping reck and avatar is just insane.. unhealable basically as well.. cc's? its a joke.. 8 second cd on clensing kinda killed it.

hey just NS clone the hunter and itll stop all damage right?

right guys?

right?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]