Proffesions specialization procs!

Do you think it is fair that since I (using myself as an example) went through the effort and time to become a transmutation master. that when someone on trade gives me enough material to say make one living steel, and I happen to proc another... I get to keep the procced living steel?!?

just got into a debate with someone who got upset at me for not giving him both steel when he gave me the mats for one, fair and square. it isnt his specialization to benefit from. So why would he feel entitled to it.

any way open to opinions. Do you! think it is fair to give someone your procced goods?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Considering it's -your- specialization, then it's yours. He hasn't given you the mats for two bars, he hasn't paid you for two bars, I'd say keep it.

10/08/2012 01:25 AMPosted by Decepticonx
So why would he feel entitled to it.

Because with you keeping something he sees popping up on his screen he feels he's getting the short end of the stick, and for the most part...greedy. We're humans, come on now!
Reply Quote
92 Night Elf Death Knight
If it procs double, I ask if they want it or not;

-If they say yes, I shall give it to them.
-If they say no, I keep it and tell them to keep their gold; the proc is a good enough tip in itself.

So far I have not had it proc 3/4/5 on a tipped creation. I would probably ask to keep one as a tip, if so... and follow same procedure.

10/08/2012 01:28 AMPosted by Velum
and for the most part...greedy. We're humans, come on now!

I'm human, and I am not greedy in the least.
Edited by Suraira on 10/8/2012 1:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
that's how I feel.... he ended up giving me half gold for the CD, which was worth it since he wasn't taking his own bar otherwise. -_-
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I let people have the procs if they provided the mats. If I provide the mats and get a proc, I keep it unless they want to pay for it.

The way I see it, is I would rather have someone add me to friends and ask to buy my transmute on a regular basis because they know I won't cheat them over. Think of it like a business. It's more expensive to lose a customer (and have to get a new one) than it is to keep the same one. Over time, someone paying you X amount of gold each time for your transmute + procs will give you more gold than the occasional X+Z amount of gold you can get when you remember to sell it.
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Rogue
come to an agreement on procs before crafting, if they wont then give them thier mats back, if they dont like it tough they agreed before the craft.
Reply Quote
Is it considered cheating them over when they only gave mats for one of what you are making? and they can presume before I make it that they are paying for only one in the first place. if they get what they paid for, then I dont see how it is considered cheating them out of anything.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
It's entirely up to you, just make sure you state clearly that you will be keeping any procs. You are exchanging a service, not a bonus lottery. Unless you want more business by promising all procs to whoever provided the mats, of course.

10/08/2012 01:41 AMPosted by Decepticonx
Is it considered cheating them over when they only gave mats for one of what you are making? and they can presume before I make it that they are paying for only one in the first place. if they get what they paid for, then I dont see how it is considered cheating them out of anything.

It isn't cheating, nor is it scamming. It's an item created out of thin air, not out of mats.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]