The Next Expansion Should Be...

90 Night Elf Druid
Need something super epic to keep players playing for a long time, here's what will work perfectly.

WoW: Return of the Titans

Sargeras finds a way into the mortal plane. Titans return to Azeroth to help save it and the universe from Sargeras. They also request help for things in alternate dimensions, other planets, etc.

I'm thinking demons this time will be some pretty hardcore scary things. Not just same-old hacking-and-slashing repeats from WC3 and WoW:BC.

Huge possibilities to keep the game awesome for years to come.

Eh? Any takers?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I hope we don't actually ever meet the Titans in person. Nothing will make me facepalm more than Aman'Thul becoming a quest giver.

10/08/2012 02:40 AMPosted by Ragefury
I'm thinking demons this time will be some pretty hardcore scary things. Not just same-old hacking-and-slashing repeats from WC3 and WoW:BC.

Seeing as the demons we fight are the backbone of the Legion, I am pretty sure we will still be fighting the same old same old. Sure, throw in some new demons, lots of them, but we already know much of the Legion's structure.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I would prefer our many magical users find a way to harness portal magic, and through either the Dark Portal or the portals on Outland we learn to travel to many other worlds, like Stargate I suppose.
Reply Quote
13 Orc Monk
"It's a race against time as The Punisher takes on The Horde and Captain America seeks to overthrow the un-American monarchy of Stormwind! Which faction will be destroyed first? How will Batman get out of Sylvanas & Catwoman's fiendish trap? Will we ever find out who Eric Cartman's father is? Tune in and find out!"
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
10/08/2012 02:46 AMPosted by Ximothy
I hope we don't actually ever meet the Titans in person. Nothing will make me facepalm more than Aman'Thul becoming a quest giver.

In a war with the Great Dark Old Gods, I think us teaming up with the Titans is a given. Maybe Elune as well. I expect this to be the Grand Finale expansion of WoW, though.

Seeing as the demons we fight are the backbone of the Legion, I am pretty sure we will still be fighting the same old same old. Sure, throw in some new demons, lots of them, but we already know much of the Legion's structure.

I'm expecting to fight all of Kil'jaeden this time, fight Varimathras, Balnazaar, and Detheroc in a council fight, Mal'Ganis in a five man, Tichondrius and the leaders of the Pit Lords and Shivaara in a raid, and, ultimately, just wipe the Burning Legion, save Sargeras, out of existence.

Speaking of the Dark Titan, after Kil'Jaeden is defeated, I expect Sargeras to upstage him much as Kil'Jaeden upstaged Illidan, and we fight Sargeras' head/Avatar/something until we flush him down the Twisting Nether until his grand return at the end of WoW.
Reply Quote
Needs more Azjol'Nerub.

Everything needs more Azjol'Nerub. The Klaxxi have made me realize just how much we lost when they cut Azjol'Nerub from WotLK.

So.

More Azjol'Nerub.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
10/08/2012 08:08 AMPosted by Abal
In a war with the Great Dark Old Gods, I think us teaming up with the Titans is a given. Maybe Elune as well. I expect this to be the Grand Finale expansion of WoW, though.

We can be allies, and sitll never actually meet one. I know that at least one will appear at some point, seeing as Chris Metzen said so at one of the Blizzcons (Don't quote me on that), I just hope we never meet one in person, and that they never become Quest Givers. They could give quests through beings like Algalon.

I also like the theroy that all the titans are long dead, and that the machinery is still working, which is what sent Algalon.

10/08/2012 08:08 AMPosted by Abal
I'm expecting to fight all of Kil'jaeden this time, fight Varimathras, Balnazaar, and Detheroc in a council fight, Mal'Ganis in a five man, Tichondrius and the leaders of the Pit Lords and Shivaara in a raid, and, ultimately, just wipe the Burning Legion, save Sargeras, out of existence.

I think Tichondrius is dead. I mean, surely he would've been mentioned by some one by now. Wouldn't be that hard to revive him, I suppose, but I think that the power of the Skull of Gul'dan combind with Illidan's power was strong enough to kill Tichondrius, permenatlly.
Reply Quote
Needs more Azjol'Nerub.

Everything needs more Azjol'Nerub. The Klaxxi have made me realize just how much we lost when they cut Azjol'Nerub from WotLK.

So.

More Azjol'Nerub.

^THIS.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight

We can be allies, and sitll never actually meet one. I know that at least one will appear at some point, seeing as Chris Metzen said so at one of the Blizzcons (Don't quote me on that), I just hope we never meet one in person, and that they never become Quest Givers. They could give quests through beings like Algalon.

I also like the theroy that all the titans are long dead, and that the machinery is still working, which is what sent Algalon.

I actually feel differently. I feel that to not meet the Titans after all of the foreshadowing would be a cheat. We also know that, eventually, we're going to go toe-to-toe with Sargeras. Considering the amount of power both various NPCs and the players have been amassing, I feel that, eventually, we'll be powerful enough to stand among the Titans and fight alongside them.

I think Tichondrius is dead. I mean, surely he would've been mentioned by some one by now. Wouldn't be that hard to revive him, I suppose, but I think that the power of the Skull of Gul'dan combind with Illidan's power was strong enough to kill Tichondrius, permenatlly.

Possibly. Still, every Dreadlord we have seen "die" has come back. We also know that Illidan, with all of his power, lost to Arthas and Frostmourne while even Frostmourne was not powerful enough to permanently destroy Mal'Ganis. I would say that Tichondrius returning is more than likely, but, we shall see.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
It will be called World of Warcraft: Eye of the Storm.

It will take place on the lost islands of the Maelstrom.

The primary enemy will be Naga and the Highborne.

The first raid will be powerful Highborne and Naga leaders who have been corrupted by the old god, N'Zoth.

The second raid will be the old god, N'Zoth.

The final raid will the Queen Azshara.

I could be wrong, but I believe these islands are near the tomb of Sargeras. After the expansion, we will discover an ancient portal believed to be 1,000's of years old. We will activate it and it will lead to Argus, where we find Sargeras preparing a final invasion to destroy Azeroth. The Alliance and Horde will combine their strength with that of the heros from each expansion including the Lich King and the Scourge, Illidan, Pandarian, Highborne, and possibly the titans themselves in order to defeate Sargeras once and for all.

The end.
Reply Quote
99 Human Paladin
10/08/2012 08:36 AMPosted by Abal

Possibly. Still, every Dreadlord we have seen "die" has come back. We also know that Illidan, with all of his power, lost to Arthas and Frostmourne while even Frostmourne was not powerful enough to permanently destroy Mal'Ganis. I would say that Tichondrius returning is more than likely, but, we shall see.

Crusade Commander Eligor Dawnbringer says: Regrettably, Balnazzar is not yet finished. Defeating a dreadlord in the mortal plane only sends it back to the Twisting Nether. He will be back one day, perhaps even working again with his brothers, Varimathras and Detheroc.

There were no ifs, ands or buts in Eligor's statement: dreadlords slain on Azeroth don't stay dead.

Nor was there any indication that Illidan did anything special to Tichondrius in Warcraft III - he just hit him with fireballs unlike he played the same death animation as every other dreadlord.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I just hope they quit this "heroic goody-shoes" rule in the next expansion. I really don't see how some people consider Mists that different from the other ones. There might not be any real big terrifying "monster" trying to destroy the world and blablabla, but it's the same heroic, "good" ideas always.

I would like for once to forget about paladin, shamans and druid and focus on DKs and warlocks like concepts in such a way to value their style, not just some behavior that needs to be justified in front of those altruistic ones.

But... not gonna happen... it's going to be the same heroic, generic, Light themed stuff.

Needs more Azjol'Nerub.

So.

More Azjol'Nerub.

After I've read the Klaxxi speech once we reach exalted, I began to feel at home with them.

We definitely need more stuff about those insect races. Good stuff, not those oversimplified dungs from Wrath.

Would be really nice if they could develop an evil/traitor aspect on both the Horde and Alliance so we could get closer to such things, not just as enemies invading.

But... not gonna happen...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight

After I've read the Klaxxi speech once we reach exalted, I began to feel at home with them.

We definitely need more stuff about those insect races. Good stuff, not those oversimplified dungs from Wrath.

Would be really nice if they could develop an evil/traitor aspect on both the Horde and Alliance so we could get closer to such things, not just as enemies invading.

I actually got the impression, with that quote, that the endgame of WoW could be choosing between two "Advanced" factions. The Alliance and Horde cease to be, and we choose between joining the Titans or the Old Gods. This is a completely off-the-wall theory, but it could be a very interesting dynamic.
Edited by Abal on 10/8/2012 12:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I would like for once to forget about paladin, shamans and druid and focus on DKs and warlocks like concepts in such a way to value their style, not just some behavior that needs to be justified in front of those altruistic ones.

But... not gonna happen... it's going to be the same heroic, generic, Light themed stuff.

Q.F.T., SO MUCH.

No, I am not a soldier of the light. No, I don't consider demons my super archenemies. In fact, where we're forced to kill them, I personally wish all the warlocks would just band up an enslave all of demonic Outland, now that Illidan is dead. What good is a dead demon to anyone involved? All you do is send it back to the nether where eventually it'll come back. It's stupid. If you enslave them on the other hand, you can keep them around forever or something.

I really hate Paladins and their whole self righteous faith in the Light or the Naaru or whatever. I despise the whole Shaman/Druid "we must heal the world" crap all the time in quests and whatnot.
Edited by Baalsamael on 10/8/2012 12:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Honestly I'm wanting more Shadow Priest lore attention. The Light is overexposed and we've already gotten a decent grasp upon how it works and what its believers believe. It's time to turn the spotlight to all of the other religious beliefs and ideals that haven't been as explored.

Stuff like An'She, Elune, the Shadow and even the Old Gods from a religious perspective rather than an antagonistic one. The Klaxxi give us a hint of that last bit and as far as I can tell most people loved that change.

The oversimplified nature of the stuff in Wrath was due to an entire zone being cut out. Ghostcrawler was even quoted as saying, "(For my money, the zone I am personally saddest about cancelling is not Abyssal Maw; it was the Azjol-Nerub quest zone in Wrath of the Lich King.)"

I even heard that all of the Klaxxi and Mantid lore was invented to try and go into the themes they had wanted to explore with the Nerubians but couldn't due to whatever constraints were placed upon them.

And if they could introduce an Azjol-Nerub with Nerubians anywhere near as well done as the Mantid were and explore their own unique cultural themes and perspective of Old Gods and their worship...

Well, then I say, "Let there be Nerubians!".

Sadly I am not the one who gets to make the decisions on the matter.

But I will end the post on this note.

It is races like the Mantid, Nerubians and Aqir and not the madmen and gibberish spouters that make the Old Gods the Old Gods. It is those insectoids who can portray the interesting side of their Gods, who hold secrets to their worship and likely even the names, titles and what their gods are gods of. It is those insectoids who can flesh out the Old Gods in ways no other race can.

If they want to make another expansion with a major Old God presence they need the descendants of the Aqir and like races. People are sick and tired of crazy cultists.

I at least would like to know more of the races that didn't suffer or go mad under the Old God's rule but who were actually blessed with their favor and whatever benevolence they might possess. Beings whose experiences could even lead them to seeing the Old Gods as good, or at least beneficial to them, from their perspective.

The quotes of the various Mantid seem to indicate that after the "Usurper's" reshaping of Azeroth life got a lot harder for them. Life was easier for them under the Old Gods rule and that alone indicates something.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I think the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow should be touched upon, explored and investigated, as of right now, it has a very approiate name.

I would love to see a order of warlocks, the Council of Six Daggers has pentional. I remember way back I made up a group called the Order of the Emerald Flame, a order of 'good' warlocks.

Death Knights have a lot of lore on them right now, but because they are one of the darker good guys I would love to see them return.

I am still hoping against everything that demon hunters will make their way into the game (playable or not).
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
10/08/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Wickham
People seem to be skipping over or not really reading my idea. In the future, I may have to make a post about it to just get it out there and see what people really think, since there's already a million of these "post your ideas for an expansion" threads and people don't really read through the actual ideas since most of them consist of "REVAMP OUTLANDS" or "LOL EMERALD DREAM FTW".

I missed your post because mine was under it, so it appeared while I was still typing, sorry.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]