Guide to the Golden Lotus Faction Quests

(Sticky)

Community Manager
We've seen some confusion about how to gain access to the Golden Lotus faction dailies in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. In case you've been having trouble getting where you need to be, below are some detailed steps to ensure you're on the correct path.

Spoiler Warning! This guide shares some details about the associated quest chain that takes you to the Vale of Eternal Blossoms and the Golden Lotus. If you'd prefer to naturally find your way there during your adventures, the first couple of bullets should be sufficient for pointing you in the right direction.

Here is how you get into the Vale of Eternal Blossoms:

• At level 87, go speak to Anduin/Dezco at the Temple of the White Tiger in Kun-Lai Summit and complete “A Celestial Experience.”
  • Accept the follow-up quest, “A Witness to History.”
  • Find Anduin/Dezco at the big gate north of the Vale. This will start a cinematic that opens the gates.
  • Turn in “A Witness to History” to Zhi the Harmonious at the Golden Pagoda in the center of Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
  • Accept and complete the follow-up quest, “The Shrine of Two Moons,” and “The Shrine of Seven Stars” (Horde/Alliance respectively).
  • If you're not level 90 you'll receive no further quests.
  • At level 90 you should return and pick up the quest chain again. Note that you must have trained flying to proceed.

• Pick up “The Ruins of Guo-Lai” and complete it.
  • This leads to “Out with the Scouts” and “Barring Entry.”
  • This leads to “Killing the Quilen” and “Stones of Power.” While in the ruins, you should also get “The Guo-Lai Halls.” If you don't get this quest near the entrance to the crypt, you can return to Anji Autumnlight to get this quest.
  • These 3 quests must be completed before you can complete “Leaving an Opening.”
  • Turn in “Leaving an Opening” at the Golden Pagoda, and this should lead straight into the dailies.

If you have any questions or concerns, or if you're still experiencing issues accessing the Vale of Eternal Blossoms or the Golden Lotus daily quests, please let us know.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Priest
Only other thing to note: This faction is incredibly slow to level, and lesser charms of good fortune *really* need to be on the currency tab or stack to more than 180. :P
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I so strongly agree with Meia on the lesser charms. I have two stacks, and I'm not doing all the available dailies.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
It took me a while to figure out how to get into Vale since I did Kun-Lai last. When I first dinged 90 I just hopped over the wall in Townlong and ran. ❤
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Agreed on making the lesser charms a currency like the quest turn in is. It was a nice surprise to see them stacking higher recently, but I already have 180 stacked and working on another (thanks Dailies of Pandaria - I know you guys are under pressure to keep people playing as long as possible, but jeez, cut it out with the dailies. or make them so you can do dailies a few times a week so I don't feel like I have to log in every day just for dailies like you did with the daily heroic way back when).
Edited by Dysheki on 10/8/2012 11:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Ditto for the Charms becoming currency instead, or at least make the quest daily repeatable. Since there is a max of the elder charms.

Also, why is Golden Lotus required revered before being able to open the other two major factions? I'm already friendly with Shadow-Pan and I guess you may of wanted stop us from getting their honored/revered items too soon in the expansion but the August Celestials start as neutral, what is the reason for that rep grind having to start after an already long rep grind?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
The Killing Quillen quest is very buggy with its phasing. The area where they are located for example is stuck in a phase with just spiders around, regardless of whether i abandon the quest, grab it again, log out/in. Nothing works. So basically close to stuck not being able to level Lotus due to bugs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Why is the reputation gain so darned low for these dailies that take considerable amounts of time and effort to complete?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
The only problem I had with this questline was when I did The Ruins of Guo-Lai quest, it broke, and I couldn't even continue any of the quests for a few days.

A second problem I had, was the two followup quests. The area was phased out, and the Mogu to kill were not there. I was forced to find a stupid roundabout way of doing by killing mogu not even near the quest area that, for some reason, counted towards it.

Of course after that I dailied for two days and stopped because it's a boring grind AND required. I barely notice my rep bar moving at all at friendly, and it's simply not worth the time for things required to move on ( to raiding). Since, getting the required ilvl for even LFR, let alone Normal Mode requires ridiculous RNG to actually get every slot filled with a 463 heroic piece. Or 500,000g to buy the "lucky" epics people post on the AH.

It wouldn't be so bad if there were other ways to get rep, hell, I would rather farm crappy mobs (like Wrathion), than do the dailies. At least with grinding mobs, I see my rep bar move after 3 hours.

Not trying to sound whiny or anything, but I'm just incredibly frustrated that I seemingly can't progress without doing chores or getting extremely lucky (considering there's one or two bosses out of ALL heroics that drop any given item for any given type).

I agree it was too easy to gear in Cata, but lord, at least I had options. I would honestly like to know where "play the way you l want" comes in, as I apparently have NO other recourse than to farm these daily chores. I do enough chores in real life >.>

I like the expansion and all, but gearing is simply impossible for me, and leveling alts is also a grind, since dungeons are absolutely worthless for exp now, and we pretty much have to do every single quest just to get to the level for the next zone.

"Play the way you want" is a ridiculous lie. I have NO CHOICE but to grind quests to level, no choice but to daily to gear up (or pray to god for drops), especially since Justice is worthless. Even with the raise to 458, I find no reason at all to buy them, because it doesn't affect my character at all and won't let me get near LFR at that. Valor gear is worthless, simply because it takes a year to get close to the weekly cap (for me anyways), and then there's only one piece I can buy without GRINDING my daily chores.

The loss of tabards is a big deal to grinding reps. There have been plenty of solutions to where you could add them back (capping tabard rep per day/week, or just nerfing how much you got from it). At least then I could still grind my reps a different way, and then use the chores if I got bored or felt the need to speed up my progress.

Essentially, it was taking way to the extreme. In 4.3, I could gear up from fresh 85 to where I could run DS normal is one day.Now I might gear up to do the first raid in one patch...

/endrant

Blizzard, I love you and all, but I've been basically screwed out of raiding, unless I want to wash dishes and take out the trash all day...

TLDR; I hate doing chores.
Edited by Squislaiden on 10/8/2012 12:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
7 Gnome Warrior
Should include rep requirement for each quest. I couldn't pick up 'The Ruins of Guo-Lai' until Honored. >.<
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Daxxari, this may not be the place for it but I am currently phased out of the "Killing the Quilen” quest. I know I'm in the right spot but I only see spiders there and not Quilen. Has there been any word yet on a fix for this or any work arounds? I've been checking the bug sections but haven't seen anything yet.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
For those not being able to kill the Quillen. A workaround that I used, was to go into the Guo-Lai Halls (the cave on your map) and kill the Stone Guardians in there.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I am trying to understand why the rep with other factions is gated by the lotus faction first. From a lore perspective would not each faction be independent and treat you based on what you had done for them and not for a different faction?

Also I am not a fan of dallies by a long shot but why do they yield so little rep. Mop was supposed to be about experiencing the game as you see fit and customizing how you play. But this rep grind and it is a grind feels very put off and forced. Why not give the option for Tabards at say honored so then you have done a few dallies and can then level as you see fit via dallies or tabard or work into the game once you have completed all quests for a faction you are at revered and you can do dallies for exalted if that is what you so wish.

I hated Cata and feel MOP is a much better product until you get to the forced dallies then it feels like nothing other then a grind and a bad one at that. Ghostcrawler stated he wanted dallies to have impact and make you sympathize and understand those you are doing dallies for but with doing the same quest every day over and over again it becomes a who cares just go out trudge through the daillies to fill the bar. If you want them to have impact have them all be a one time thing that builds a story because honestly how many times can you rescue the panda from a cage before it becomes a dull thing done over and over again to watch a bar move at a slow pace.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You forgot "Continue doing dailies until the next expansion is announced."

This is a nice guide though. I've had to direct a couple of guildies regarding this faction because they aren't too into questing in general and skipped it; one of them even leveled to 90, hopped over the wall into the Vale, and just continued doing dungeons =/.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I do love bacon, that's all that matters....
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
google and wowhead are your friend.
Reply Quote
I miss reputation tabards. I hate feeling forced to log in and do dailies for hours on end because as a tailor I have to grind to at least honored with both Klaxxi and Lotus to even unlock August Celestials, and then have to grind from Neutral to Exalted with them just to get this expansion's new bag pattern. And all that is on top of doing the string of dailies and farming for The Tillers. At least you get good rep for doing your dailies for The Tillers! I wish I could say the same for Lotus, but getting rep with them sucks.

It seems in some respects you guys wanted us to have to invest less time in the game via heroics/scenarios (which really don't take that long this go around, something that I'm very grateful for).. but then you reintroduced painful, horrific rep grinding that sticks things that are important to people and in the game behind the gigantic walls that require spending hours on end at the computer every single day because if you don't do those dailies you're going to be behind and missing out on valor gear or patterns or other things you actually need for raiding and the like.

I know, I know. People are never happy in this game anymore and for the most part all you hear is complaints. But grinding from neutral to anything for multiple factions on multiple characters is painful and fun killing (there is a reason "The Insane" is a feat of strength and not just a standard achievement, after all), and ultimately this guide and the recently announced rep changes aren't going to change that much (if at all).

Other than the awful rep grinding I'm actually having a lot more fun than I've had since early Wrath.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
10/08/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Daxxarri
Note that you must have trained flying to proceed.

This would have helped to know. I've been trying to figure out why I couldn't see things. I thought the development team was straying away from leaving players blind on what to do, or having long mysterious quest chains to unlock dailies -- of all things.

This had me rather upset for several days that I put a ticket. At least I can cancel it, of course, I'm out 2,500g I was hoping to hold on to for a while longer.
Reply Quote
5 Gnome Mage
PLEASE give us something to do with these charms. With the amount that we'll end up having at the end of the week of doing dailies each day, our bags just won't be able to hold them.

1. Make them into a currency
2. Stacks upwards of 1k per stack
3. A new exchange rate after the 90 for 3 tokens, something like 180 or 270 for 1 after that for the week.
4. Let us store them with the charm maker
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Heh .. still unable to get any quests. finished your shrine of the seven stars .. and theres nothing after that. Yay for another 5 days for a response that gave 0 assistance.

Good to see that people are actually able to get these quests though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]