Guide to the Golden Lotus Faction Quests

90 Pandaren Hunter
I think my only beef is the amount of people doing these dailies. I've noticed some fixes the last couple days, but now there's a new issue - I capped on VP a few days before the weekly reset, and was still just getting the lesser charms and a bit of gold. People have been saying that Justice points are worthless, but they DO help you gear up to get into heroics and not get kicked out because your dps was low, your tanking was horrible, or you couldn't heal enough to keep up with the damage.

I just feel the need to point out, you can enter heroics as soon as you ding 90 if you've been questing, which honestly you don't have a choice.

And DPS is a non-issue if you just READ your skills. I beat and still beat 463 toons in DPS simply because I know how my class works. And learning your class is much faster than farming up JP for worthless gear. And DPS hardly matters even in heroics simply because they are so faceroll. I've only ever seen problems with mechanics like Harlan's Blades of Light.

Edit: And to the guy talking about Vanilla and BC: This is NOT Vanilla or BC. Grinds are simply put, boring, unnecessary and definitely not fun. Some may like to do dailies and such, but as I said earlier, I would rather grind rep mob by mob, than do the dailies.
Edited by Squislaiden on 10/9/2012 12:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
just as a note, the quest chain at revered that opens up "Battle Helm of the Thunder King" is bugged and so are a few of the dailys, do you have a rough eta on these being fixed?
Reply Quote
I'm thinking GW2!
Reply Quote
87 Tauren Druid
The only problem with these quests is the lack of rep gained from doing all of them. I don't really see a reason to keep doing them to get to exalted, just getting to revered to open the other two daily hubs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
10/09/2012 06:09 AMPosted by Ðibble
I don't really see a reason to keep doing them to get to exalted, just getting to revered to open the other two daily hubs.

That's were i find part of the problem. I need revered with the Golden Lotus to open Shadow-pan. I find that ridiculous. I only get 110 rep points per daily. so it will take a long time.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Aside from the regular drama and the off topic comments, this forum was about a mysterious quest chain that left me and other players in some kinda limbo. I need a solution period.

PS: If U guys wanna discuss the amount of charms or whatever per stack, do me a favor and go to a different forum.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Zone name with Coordinates for the questgivers would be so much easier to reference than simply names on a map to scan all over for...an easy way of figuring out if you've done any of these quests and where one is in the chain would also be nice. I dual boxed a pair of toons to 90 and they quested together 100% of the time, and yet one was able to pick up "barring entry" and "out with the scouts" and the other isn't eligible. Now I have to fly around trying to figure out where my warlock fell behind.....
Reply Quote
96 Pandaren Monk
I'm unfortunately still not getting any dailies to show up. I have already:
1) Done the Xuen quests to unlock the gate and seen the cutscene
2) Have pandaria flying
3) Talked to the 4 people in The Temple

The people at the Golden Pagoda still do not give me any kind of quest chain. I do not ever recall dropping the follow-up quest, but if there is a possibility that I did, I can't get the quest again? I've also already talked to them, no quest on them or questmarkers on them. I have also flown -everywhere- around the Vale with no one to give me available quests.

The only quests I can receive are the Daily Challenge Mode Dungeon, the Shado-Pan rep opening, and the AC rep opening as well as the Lesser Tokens into 3 Golden Tokens quest. Other than these 4 quests, there are no other quests I can take.

One thing to note I did not enter the Vale through the gate in the beginning. I was probably around 87+ when I went on the bridge and jumped down to get into the Vale.

Please help! I need these golden rep dailies quite badly for leatherworking patterns and as you guys have already posted that the grind is horrendous.

I already sent a ticket 3-4 days ago and all they could say is go on Wowhead or Wowpedia, as if I didn't already go to these and multiple other sites to look up this solution..
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
This blue post should be taken as good note why blizz should not epically chain quests across several zones and/or levels.

A few chain quests are good. This is bad. Real bad.

Also, in the future if you are going to chain quest zones make sure that NPCs don't bug out so that the quests in the zone are effectively cut off until the NPCs are unbugged.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Just received an answer from blizzard resolving a ticket I opened yesterday:

Check this out:

"Thank you for contacting the Game Master Department. We apologize that the wait has been so long.

First, Blizzard Support does not provide game hints. Second, we've looked over the information you've provided in your ticket, and feel that you may be able to find the answer you're looking for on one of our official fansites. Below are some great resources for quest information, gameplay hints, and even some basic help on playing your character:

Your fellow players - many players have had or asked the same questions you have.

The Blizzard Forums or other discussion groups."

First of all: I never asked for a "HINT".

Second of all: Something should be done If there's so many people struggling over the same problem.

I don't think I'm asking a lot :(
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
10/08/2012 11:29 AMPosted by Dysheki
Agreed on making the lesser charms a currency like the quest turn in is. It was a nice surprise to see them stacking higher recently, but I already have 180 stacked and working on another (thanks Dailies of Pandaria - I know you guys are under pressure to keep people playing as long as possible, but jeez, cut it out with the dailies. or make them so you can do dailies a few times a week so I don't feel like I have to log in every day just for dailies like you did with the daily heroic way back when).

I like the dailies. :(

Gives me something to do that isn't mindlessly queue.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Stuck at exactly the same point as everyone else, lodged a ingame petition...got this reply.

"This is the latest response from Customer Support:
Greetings,

Thank you for contacting the Game Master Department. We apologize that the wait has been so long.

First, Blizzard Support does not provide game hints. Second, we've looked over the information you've provided in your ticket, and feel that you may be able to find the answer you're looking for on one of our official fansites. Below are some great resources for quest information, gameplay hints, and even some basic help on playing your character:

Your fellow players - many players have had or asked the same questions you have.

The Blizzard Forums or other discussion groups.

www.wowhead.com - Wowhead features enormous amounts of user-driven information, through basic game information, comments on database entries and screenshot submissions! The site also features forums, where users can ask questions, discuss important World of Warcraft-related topics, recommend and share favorite addons, and much more.

www.wowpedia.org - Wowpedia is a wiki dedicated to cataloging the Warcraft universe (with a focus, though not priority, on World of Warcraft); covering the entire Warcraft series of games, RPG reference books, strategy guides, novels, comics (manga and otherwise), and other sources.

We hope these resources can help guide you to the answer you're looking for. Thank you again for contacting us.

Regards,
Blizzard Entertainment"

So Community Manager Daxxarri, how exactly do you want us to "let us know" if he get rejected from ingame help?
"If you have any questions or concerns, or if you're still experiencing issues accessing the Vale of Eternal Blossoms or the Golden Lotus daily quests, please let us know."
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
This rep grind is really the only complaint I have so far in the xpac. For all of the quests I have done for shado pan, I should be halway to revered. But a ton of them don't give rep for doing so. Why do we have to hash out revered at 100ish rep per quest to access the other reps?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
10/08/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Tydén
The only thing I WILL agree with, however, is the fact that the dailies give abysmal rep for Golden Lotus. That needs to change, especially since I have to get revered with not only them, but also Shado-pan and August Celestials for enchants that will be vital for my raid group. That's my only complaint, is the rate at which the rep is gotten. Other than that, I'm completely fine with the way dailies are now.

Golden Lotus gives you these reps per day for dailies (counting guild or human, not both)
Neutral: 770
Friendly: 1210
Honored: 1540
Revered: 2200

It takes you roughly 5 days to go from Friendly to Honored, 8 days to Revered, and finally 10 more days till Exalted. Since you really only need to hit Revered to get access to all of their items and Shao-Pan/August Celestials, it's not terrible. Assuming you don't start the dailies until you're friendly, it should take you roughly 2 weeks to get to Revered from Friendly. This is also basing that you're 0/6000 Friendly. Granted, after doing the quest line and possible random quests you'll be further into Friendly than 0/6000, it might even take you 11-12 days.

Today being day 14 since MoP was released, you shouldn't have any problem getting access to Shao-Pan/August Celestial dailies within the next day or two. You can also supplement this rep increase by farming the Ancient Guo-Lai Cache Key. Which when opening the chest gives you a chance of 165 or 385 rep item for Golden Lotus. It's a low drop rate, but it's not impossible to farm if you're that bored.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
We've seen some confusion about how to gain access to the Golden Lotus faction dailies in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. In case you've been having trouble getting where you need to be, below are some detailed steps to ensure you're on the correct path.

Spoiler Warning! This guide shares some details about the associated quest chain that takes you to the Vale of Eternal Blossoms and the Golden Lotus. If you'd prefer to naturally find your way there during your adventures, the first couple of bullets should be sufficient for pointing you in the right direction.

Here is how you get into the Vale of Eternal Blossoms:

• At level 87, go speak to Anduin/Dezco at the Temple of the White Tiger in Kun-Lai Summit and complete “A Celestial Experience.”
  • Accept the follow-up quest, “A Witness to History.”
  • Find Anduin/Dezco at the big gate north of the Vale. This will start a cinematic that opens the gates.
  • Turn in “A Witness to History” to Zhi the Harmonious at the Golden Pagoda in the center of Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
  • Accept and complete the follow-up quest, “The Shrine of Two Moons,” and “The Shrine of Seven Stars” (Horde/Alliance respectively).
  • If you're not level 90 you'll receive no further quests.
  • At level 90 you should return and pick up the quest chain again. Note that you must have trained flying to proceed.

• Pick up “The Ruins of Guo-Lai” and complete it.
  • This leads to “Out with the Scouts” and “Barring Entry.”
  • This leads to “Killing the Quilen” and “Stones of Power.” While in the ruins, you should also get “The Guo-Lai Halls.” If you don't get this quest near the entrance to the crypt, you can return to Anji Autumnlight to get this quest.
  • These 3 quests must be completed before you can complete “Leaving an Opening.”
  • Turn in “Leaving an Opening” at the Golden Pagoda, and this should lead straight into the dailies.

If you have any questions or concerns, or if you're still experiencing issues accessing the Vale of Eternal Blossoms or the Golden Lotus daily quests, please let us know.

I did all of those quests, and while the dailies opened up for me, I did not recieve any rep gain for any of these quests. =(
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I have done all of the steps up to the chain but the chain isnt showing up?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I deleted a couple of the quests by accident. I cant find them to get them back now i have no dailies. Where do i get them?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Why is flight training necessary? I don't want the ability to fly. It ruins my experience. Even having the ability and choosing not to use it ruins the experience.

The entire point of barring flight for anyone under 90 was so they could get this same experience that I want to continue with.

Is flight even necessary to complete the daily quests? 'cause I've got a friend with a two-seat flying mount who would be willing to do them with me.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I feel that the rep gained from the dailies is too low... and there are so many dailies that I honestly have no time to do anything else BUT the dailies... And to think that I will have to do this with all my toons to get the professions... at least the professions recepes should be BoA instead of BoP after grinding all that rep... or give more rep for the dailies or a tabard or something or I won't be able to enjoy the rest of the expansion other than the dailies
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
KGB
10/09/2012 04:01 AMPosted by Chucknorris
just as a note, the quest chain at revered that opens up "Battle Helm of the Thunder King" is bugged and so are a few of the dailys, do you have a rough eta on these being fixed?

This is an issue affected a lot of people. I too am curious about when this will be fixed. I've been unable to enter the phase that the named mob is in and as such haven't been able to kill him so I can loot the helm and complete the quest. I'm seeing other players on the server enter the room and be unable to complete the same quest.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]