Guide to the Golden Lotus Faction Quests

5 Tauren Druid
UPDATE ** UPDATE ** UPDATE ** UPDATE

For those with razors hovering over wrists about these dailies:

- In addition to following the blue post to a tee, make sure you are NOT GROUPED with someone who has "unlocked" any part of the phased zones when you enter it after "Witness to History." If you get to the Pagoda (and you have panda flight etc), and you aren't grouped, you should be able to get the follow-up quest from one of the NPCs after the other two finish talking. I tried this at first when I was grouped with someone flying me around, and the new quest giver with "The Shrine of Seven Stars" DIDN'T show up; I left the party, flew around a bit on my own, read posts for about 40 min., and went back to the Pagoda, and whaddya know, she and her "!" were there. I was then able to fly to the first NPC, talk to him, etc.

- On the other account, after ungrouping and before, I was able to (on this account only) see some quests in another area of the map (Ruins of Guo-Lai); I suspect this was a coincidence that I checked that area on a day that dailies were offered there, and this toon was 90 prior to to the other, so the quests in the Ruins area didn't show for her, but did for me. I did the quests in the Ruins area, flew back to the Pagoda after dropping group and being separate for about 40 minutes, and the full blue "!" dailies were ready to grab.

I suspect to the point of inclination (but not declaration) that bugs are caused by grouping with someone and doing anything in this zone; make sure to wait a good amount of time, and maybe even log out and throw away your cache files before trying to log back in a check.

So, level to 90, buy flying, drop group. Log out, trash cache, wait about 40 minutes to be safe... well, safer. Log back in, fly around the entire Vale of Eternal Blossoms zone, eyes glued to the minimap and watch for quest "!" marks in the Golden Pagoda or around the aforementioned Ruins of Guo-Lai. If you find some, do the quests and check back to the Pagoda for the new NPC quest or other quests. If it doesn't work today, try it each day since your ability to do this method may depend on checking an area of the `Vale on a day the quests are offered for that specific area... i.e., finding them coincidentally on the day they are offered.

I hope this helps. If it doesn't, at least it'll help us to figure this out as a community. Make sure to report your findings and bookmark/sticky this post made by the OP.

PS: The toons on both accounts are Alliance, so I don't know if it applies for Horde.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I was really hoping that blizzard would do more than just regurgitate old ways of doing things. It's like really we have to grind AGAIN. Always with the long complication and grinding it took me 10 hrs game time to get from 89-90 just to find out that if i want to do anything remotely fun I now have to what... o yeah grind again. Please don't take this as an assault on blizzard. I am not mad just disappointed i guess. I was extremely upset to find out that the answer was this simple but yet its some random backwater quest that you cant do without flying.... I mean i pay a monthly fee to have fun not to be drown again in horrific level grinding, Rep grinding. I thought about making an ult once i got to 90 with my sham but i have a job and i cant spend 10 hrs a day on the computer getting my character to the proper level just so i can continue to work... still over all a great game i was just extremely disappointed to find the amount of grinding has returned to the level 90 out comb of Pandaria.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
10/08/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Daxxarri
Pick up “The Ruins of Guo-Lai” and complete it.

So what do we do when this quest isn't available?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Let me just throw 2 cents in on this one. I, like a great many of the posters here, greatly dislike the Golden Lotus dailies grind. Though I do commend you on at least making it so we don't get exactly the same quests every day on it. However, this grind must never be changed to make it easier. If this is going to be the gateway to getting all the high level enchants, it would be supremely unfair to those of us who are going through all the hard work and monotony right now to get them, if at some later date (at least prior to the next level cap raise anyway) it suddenly became easier to get them, thereby devaluing all the work we put in (literally on the AH).
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
10/08/2012 03:28 PMPosted by Gallïano
now i have nobody at the temple to give quests not even anyone name Anduin/Dezco, ive gone to the gates and they are already open and no other quests any where else in vale except ones that require golden lotus rep and the challenge dungeons. So this guide hasnt helped me at all cause ive already checked if ive finished the said quests to start the dailies i have no quests in any area a quest is given

This is what happened to me. What did you do?
Reply Quote
Garbage you HAVE to buy flying to open the quests.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
12/05/2012 02:37 PMPosted by Farfalfump
Let me just throw 2 cents in on this one. I, like a great many of the posters here, greatly dislike the Golden Lotus dailies grind. Though I do commend you on at least making it so we don't get exactly the same quests every day on it. However, this grind must never be changed to make it easier. If this is going to be the gateway to getting all the high level enchants, it would be supremely unfair to those of us who are going through all the hard work and monotony right now to get them, if at some later date (at least prior to the next level cap raise anyway) it suddenly became easier to get them, thereby devaluing all the work we put in (literally on the AH).

Blizzard will fail you. They have made things that were a royal pain in the past so much easier now. It makes it so the items/titles/etc. one earned through that pain no longer have the prestige they once did.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
Posted by Daxxarri
Note that you must have trained flying to proceed.

This would have helped to know. I've been trying to figure out why I couldn't see things. I thought the development team was straying away from leaving players blind on what to do, or having long mysterious quest chains to unlock dailies -- of all things.

This had me rather upset for several days that I put a ticket. At least I can cancel it, of course, I'm out 2,500g I was hoping to hold on to for a while longer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Totally with you on that one. I had no idea I had to purchase my flying before getting anywhere with the Golden Lotus (or anything else for that matter).

I was hoping to reach Exalted on my mount and for the price on the open flying in Mists be reduced 1kg or more. we've labored hard to get ANY-SUPPORT-FOR-THESE-ASTRONOMICAL-GOLD-DEMAND'S.

ok for you if your a paid character with paid BoA Gear and Mounts. So lucky to have someone support it ie: Parents, Grandparents...

/endrant
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
12/21/2012 07:45 AMPosted by Dethaul
I was hoping to reach Exalted on my mount and for the price on the open flying in Mists be reduced 1kg or more. we've labored hard to get ANY-SUPPORT-FOR-THESE-ASTRONOMICAL-GOLD-DEMAND'S.

Seriously? 2500g is pocket change nowadays. What did you do with all the money you made from leveling?

And 20% of 2500 is 500, not 1000 or more.
Edited by Keeblik on 12/22/2012 3:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Quest is BUGGED. Won't give me credit for talking to the tiger or doing the trials
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I totally agree with Squislaiden. Its just ridiculous to get rep, gear, and eventually into raids.. AND, the quest line is broken for me and I can't even get started on dailies. Not that I would want to after reading what it is going to take to get in. Bad move Blizz. People are going to get tired of this game at a much quicker rate now.

Bring back tabards for rep..
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
I know everyone has said it already. But Having to Grind a Faction to get access to a faction with your enchanting patterns or anything else that may be appealing is just a method of, for whatever reason, dominating peoples spare time when they could be doing something else like taking everything (even world of warcraft) in moderation.
The expansion lore, new talent system, and game play is great. But the ridiculous price for mounts and reputation/friendship/TIMESINK aspects of the game is disgusting. It's one thing to fish for mr. pinchy for a week because you really really want him. But to be required to dedicate an hour every day for over a month just to get items that are practically required to progress is simply wrong. I don't mind grinding argent tornament because I love the mounts. And I wouldn't mind grinding Golden Lotus and Celestials and Shado-Pan for the same reason, but people aren't !@#$%ing because they have to spend a month to get a panther. They're ^-*!@ing because you've forced us to revolve around this game. If we want to enjoy just half of what you've offered us. ESPECIALLY with the onset of patches as quick as the last one.
Granted I'm a little late to the panda land party, and I'm catching up fast enough for my liking. But unless you start paying minimum wage for my game time, I'll never be able to afford a mount that costs 100k+ ...Seriously, a price like that almost has me convinced blizzard has a deal with gold selling websites. ...or grind out all the reps for another mount achievement, unless you keep the wow servers up till 2020 or *and isn't this a novel idea* bring tabards back. For christ sake. Bring the old Tabards back. I don't buy them because I love gaudy wife beaters with my robes, that's for damn sure.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
This isn't a gate, it's a brick wall.
Reply Quote
94 Night Elf Priest
What kind of "Trained flying"

Please dont make me save 8.5k gold for not only artisan riding but also panda riding for something that I can guarantee myself I won't particularly enjoy doing.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
WHY THE !@#$ DO I NEED FLYING TO PROCEED?!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
When i go to the Temple of the white tiger nobody is even inside the Temple.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Blizzard, please remove the requirement to have Pandaria flying for these "gated" reputation grinds.

It honestly makes no sense to require flying for the quests in VoEB, when we have leveled from 85-90 without flying AND to the best of my knowledge, none of these "gated" quests in VoEB require a flying mount (based on reports I have received from numerous players able to access these quests).

Please, please, remove Pandaria flying as a requirement for the VoEB "gated" reputation grinds.

I got cloud serpent riding for free and yet it is not the same as spending 2,500 gold on Pandaria flying?!

Also, I checked the current PTR and Pandaria flying is still required to access these "gated" reputation grinds in VoEB. /disappointed
Edited by Retrooster on 2/9/2013 2:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
I've hit an issue with the Battle Ax quest. As a mage, I don't see any way on earth I can complete the Jade Conquest part of that chain because near the end about 7 of the things mob my poor mage, and they are hitting a lot faster than any of my spells will cast.

Any suggestions?
Reply Quote
I know everyone has said it already. But Having to Grind a Faction to get access to a faction with your enchanting patterns or anything else that may be appealing is just a method of, for whatever reason, dominating peoples spare time when they could be doing something else like taking everything (even world of warcraft) in moderation.
The expansion lore, new talent system, and game play is great. But the ridiculous price for mounts and reputation/friendship/TIMESINK aspects of the game is disgusting. It's one thing to fish for mr. pinchy for a week because you really really want him. But to be required to dedicate an hour every day for over a month just to get items that are practically required to progress is simply wrong. I don't mind grinding argent tornament because I love the mounts. And I wouldn't mind grinding Golden Lotus and Celestials and Shado-Pan for the same reason, but people aren't !@#$%ing because they have to spend a month to get a panther. They're ^-*!@ing because you've forced us to revolve around this game. If we want to enjoy just half of what you've offered us. ESPECIALLY with the onset of patches as quick as the last one.
Granted I'm a little late to the panda land party, and I'm catching up fast enough for my liking. But unless you start paying minimum wage for my game time, I'll never be able to afford a mount that costs 100k+ ...Seriously, a price like that almost has me convinced blizzard has a deal with gold selling websites. ...or grind out all the reps for another mount achievement, unless you keep the wow servers up till 2020 or *and isn't this a novel idea* bring tabards back. For christ sake. Bring the old Tabards back. I don't buy them because I love gaudy wife beaters with my robes, that's for damn sure.

This is actually an accurate description of why most of my friends quit the game.
They were required to dedicate far more time to tasks that seemed to get them nowhere than any other game they played, so they quit playing this game. :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]