overgrown lilypad and druids

90 Worgen Druid
the other day i saw sele'na when i was out herbing and so i tagged him and killed him and the overgrown lilypad droped and i was like oh yay a cool vanity thing off a rare turns out it is just something to give the symbiosis ability to a class OTHER then druid and i think it should have a use for druids too heres my idea

make it so that it opens a drop down menu when you click on the overgrown lilypad and choose a class icon that it gives you the effect of giving symbiosis too and it wouldnt stack with symbiosis for soloing or geting an ability from a class thats not in your raid/party

just my two cents thanks for changing the tanking DM trink btw
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
It's basically the pinnacle of Blizzard's "eff you" to druids after all the symbiosis feedback.
Also, nobody from blizzard reads this forum.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
i really doubt that NOBODY from blizzard reads these threads im sure theyre probably just not posting much
Edited by Tankdrood on 10/9/2012 12:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Moderators read the threads sure, but no one that will make a difference to the actual game.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This is extremly frustrating to work for every class but druid at the very least let it grant us a random symbiosis if we cannot chose the one we want. Theres no reason not to do that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/09/2012 12:03 PMPosted by Tankdrood
i really doubt that NOBODY from blizzard reads these threads im sure theyre probably just not posting much

The development team has said many times they stay out of the class forums because they consider them discussion in vacuum. Class Roles, PVP and PTR forums are what they keep an eye on.
Reply Quote
96 Night Elf Druid
I made a thread about it during week 1 of MoP. I got flamed at by the entire community for saying "get over yourself, it doesn't work where it counts", or "as if druids aren't the special snowflakes enough"

You'll never get around to fixing it - just leave it as is.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Another way of addressing this would be making a vendor that takes an Overgrown Lillypad in exchange for different versions of the item, each offering the class specific benefit druids would get with Symbiosis. Of course, these versions would be for Druid use only.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The thing about the Lillypad, is that it can't be used in pvp or raids, its just something fun to give classes when questing.

It is not a free Symbiosis that they can use whenever they want so they don't need a Druid.

It also allows those classes to play around with Symbiosis on their own, so they know what to expect when teaming up with a druid in a PvP or group PVE setting. Druids are getting kinda shafted in that regard.

I'm still playing solo content for the most part, so its quite rare for me to use Symbiosis at all to begin with. Its gotten to a point where I've done entire dungeons completely forgetting that I even have the ability.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
I wonder what happens to this item now... bets on whether every class other than druid will still get symbiosis?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
04/07/2014 12:42 AMPosted by Paulbathehut
I wonder what happens to this item now... bets on whether every class other than druid will still get symbiosis?

Already confirmed being removed in 6.0
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
The Overgrown Lilypad specifically, or are you just referring to symbiosis?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Both.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
My paladin will miss casting wrath with her lilypad...
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
04/07/2014 11:23 AMPosted by Tinderhoof
Both.

Awesome sauce ^_^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]