Holy pally pvp macros

90 Blood Elf Paladin
What macros do you guys find most helpful for holy pvp?

Also, out of pure curiosity I was wondering how often you guys judge and denounce in pvp scenarios. Thanks!!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
yes looking my self what macros i rather play with good macros then heal bot i just hate clicking in pvp...
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
HPal really doesn't have many mandatory macro's, it really all comes down to personal preference.

The only mandatory macros would be the following:

Sac Macro: This macro is to cancel all shields on you without actually canceling the 30 second long sacred shield buff that actually apply's the real shield, this is what the /run script does. You wan't this in your sac macro as when using sac correctly you want to break yourself out of break-on-damage cc with your sac such as trap, poly, blind, etc. By canceling your shields it will break you out of the cc faster, thus giving the enemy less time to purge your sac off if they accidently cc you while you have sac up.
#showtooltip
/run for i=1,20 do _,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,id=UnitBuff("player",i); if(id==65148) then CancelUnitBuff("player",i);end;end
/cancelaura illuminated healing
/cancelaura power word: shield
/cast hand of sacrifice

Taunt Pet Macro: Against a aware player this macro will do nothing however against players who are sub-par at microing their pet you can use this macro like the sac macro above to taunt a pet onto you as you get cc'd to thus break you out of said cc. I would also suggest having a separate cancel shield to press when taunting pets, as there is not enough room in this macro to have both.
#showtooltip
/cast [@arenapet1] Reckoning
/cast [@arenapet2] Reckoning
/cast [@arenapet3] Reckoning
/cast [@arenapet4] Reckoning
/cast [@arenapet5] Reckoning

As for judgment, you only want to judgment to kill a totem or to keep a character in combat so they can't get a re-stealth. For denounce you want to use it as much as possible to help out with kills, you also want to try and keep your denounce debuff up on a enemy using mage cooldowns such as recklessness. You also want to try and pre-denounce "1 shot" healing cooldowns such as Natures Swiftness, Execution Sentence and so on (Pre-Denouncing a Nature's Swiftness will literally change it from a lay on hands to like a 70k heal.). Other than that you want to try and keep your denounce 2-set buff up as much as possible for healing output, and 100% want to have it up before you execution sentence unless it is a life or death situation.

Hopefully I helped, if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Edit: R.I.P all the time I just spent on this post, just realized this was a 3 year necro
Edited by Repcal on 4/24/2015 6:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Sorry for also re-necroing the allready renecroed thread

04/24/2015 06:41 PMPosted by Repcal
Pal really doesn't have many mandatory macro's, it really all comes down to personal preference.

The only mandatory macros would be the following:

Sac Macro: This macro is to cancel all shields on you without actually canceling the 30 second long sacred shield buff that actually apply's the real shield, this is what the /run script does. You wan't this in your sac macro as when using sac correctly you want to break yourself out of break-on-damage cc with your sac such as trap, poly, blind, etc. By canceling your shields it will break you out of the cc faster, thus giving the enemy less time to purge your sac off if they accidently cc you while you have sac up.
#showtooltip
/run for i=1,20 do _,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,id=UnitBuff("player",i); if(id==65148) then CancelUnitBuff("player",i);end;end
/cancelaura illuminated healing
/cancelaura power word: shield
/cast hand of sacrifice

Taunt Pet Macro: Against a aware player this macro will do nothing however against players who are sub-par at microing their pet you can use this macro like the sac macro above to taunt a pet onto you as you get cc'd to thus break you out of said cc. I would also suggest having a separate cancel shield to press when taunting pets, as there is not enough room in this macro to have both.
#showtooltip
/cast [@arenapet1] Reckoning
/cast [@arenapet2] Reckoning
/cast [@arenapet3] Reckoning
/cast [@arenapet4] Reckoning
/cast [@arenapet5] Reckoning

As for judgment, you only want to judgment to kill a totem or to keep a character in combat so they can't get a re-stealth. For denounce you want to use it as much as possible to help out with kills, you also want to try and keep your denounce debuff up on a enemy using mage cooldowns such as recklessness. You also want to try and pre-denounce "1 shot" healing cooldowns such as Natures Swiftness, Execution Sentence and so on (Pre-Denouncing a Nature's Swiftness will literally change it from a lay on hands to like a 70k heal.). Other than that you want to try and keep your denounce 2-set buff up as much as possible for healing output, and 100% want to have it up before you execution sentence unless it is a life or death situation.

Hopefully I helped, if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Edit: R.I.P all the time I just spent on this post, just realized this was a 3 year necro

all of this information was amazing. I am a vanilla druid who loves to heal. I belive i have about 800 days played thus far. 80% would be druid 10%warlock and 10% priest

i came back because i read how proxmity would be a factor for holly pallys in legion, and it made me really excited. I hated raid healing, and thats all i ever did!!!!!!!!!!

i really like the idea of a tank healer, and now that the pvp and pve trees are split i think we will start to see the emregnece of all new unique healing identies

jesus, i need to get back on topic.

The reason i re-necroed an allready necroed thread. was to say thanks for that really helpful information.

during catta i would use a macro for shadow word death that worked kinda the same
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]