Galleon respawn timer?

90 Troll Hunter
Is the Galleon respawn timer supposed to be so long?

If it is, there are some problems with this.

A few guilds on my server have the respawn timer down, they camp the spawn and kill him everytime he spawns. They only do this to disable others from receiving loot.

I personally have only seen him spawned once, and he was tagged by a guild already, they were not inviting anyone to the group.

This entire stand seems like it goes against the entire stand of having everyone experience content.
Reply Quote
61 Worgen Priest
From what I have read his spawn time is around 2-3 days. I do not know for sure. I have not keep track on my server.

10/09/2012 06:34 AMPosted by Jawesome
This entire stand seems like it goes against the entire stand of having everyone experience content.

It has only been 2 weeks. I wouldn't worry. You will have time to experience content.
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 06:59 AMPosted by Kragarn
World bosses that need to be tagged by a raid group is simply fail content. Games such as FFXI which has had a similar feature since early on in its life in '03 demonstrates the fact quite clearly, this boss is simply teaching WOW players in '12 the same lesson.
WoW has had world bosses since vanilla. I think they know what they are doing.
Reply Quote
55 Pandaren Monk
10/09/2012 06:59 AMPosted by Kragarn
World bosses that need to be tagged by a raid group is simply fail content.

If you actually do any reading at all, the entire instance system WoW introduced was to address the issue of World Bosses and indeed the vast majority of them are instanced.

However, PLAYERS *ask* for world bosses. A lot. So Blizzard gives it to them. But World Bosses are by no means necessary to progress in the game. They are optional. The only fail is not understanding the design intent.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
10/09/2012 07:14 AMPosted by Musashi
World bosses that need to be tagged by a raid group is simply fail content.

If you actually do any reading at all, the entire instance system WoW introduced was to address the issue of World Bosses and indeed the vast majority of them are instanced.

However, PLAYERS *ask* for world bosses. A lot. So Blizzard gives it to them. But World Bosses are by no means necessary to progress in the game. They are optional. The only fail is not understanding the design intent.

They are not necessary, however when they drop gear that is the BiS currently, they are necessary to compete at a high level in raids. The other guilds know this and camp him continuously just to prevent others from bridging the gap.

I am in favor of world bosses, but either have them on a less obnoxious respawn timer, ala sha of anger, or have them drop cosmetic items / mounts only.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I agree, spawn camping is not cool...Although this earlier on in the xpac there really isn't much you can do. Since release i've only killed him twice : /
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I like the world bosses. And you can have just as much chance to tag it as they can. Competing raids often sit there and AOE the spawn point to see who gets the tag. It's not always going to be the same guild.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ive never actually SEEN galleon....
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue

They are not necessary, however when they drop gear that is the BiS currently, they are necessary to compete at a high level in raids.

The gear is not necessary either... heroic boots are slightly less quality, but you can still do well enough with them to take down the raid bosses you need to in order to get the boots from raids.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Sounds like Jaw is a little salty he woke up early to kill Galleon and then found out the server had come up earlier. :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter

They are not necessary, however when they drop gear that is the BiS currently, they are necessary to compete at a high level in raids.

The gear is not necessary either... heroic boots are slightly less quality, but you can still do well enough with them to take down the raid bosses you need to in order to get the boots from raids.

Like I said, not necessary to compete at a level you raid at, which is not even a level apparently, but to compete for realm first you do need them.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock

Like I said, not necessary to compete at a level you raid at, which is not even a level apparently, but to compete for realm first you do need them.

And part of that competition is being able to get to the boss and kill it before others can. You and your guild have just as much ability to tag the boss first as the other guild does.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter

And part of that competition is being able to get to the boss and kill it before others can. You and your guild have just as much ability to tag the boss first as the other guild does.

Another non raider...

But since when is a 10m guild able to compete with a 25m in terms of straight aoe? Is that the ability of the boss? Random AOE tagging only?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I've seen him spawn twice in a day and other time not for a few days, it's just about luck and dedication. I know my first Galleon kill my pug beat out Blood Legion just because they couldn't form up fast enough, but second time they got him. They do share the tag with as many as they can though. But as others are saying, you are just as capable as anyone else.
Edited by Tealian on 10/9/2012 9:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock

Another non raider...

But since when is a 10m guild able to compete with a 25m in terms of straight aoe? Is that the ability of the boss? Random AOE tagging only?

Look again, not that it has any bearing on what I typed. I DO raid... Again though what I typed is true and fact and me raiding or not raiding doesn't effect that in any way.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Galleon is up!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

A few guilds on my server have the respawn timer down, they camp the spawn and kill him everytime he spawns. They only do this to disable others from receiving loot.

I personally have only seen him spawned once, and he was tagged by a guild already, they were not inviting anyone to the group.

Yes it is. You can get loot from him every time he is up, unlike Sha of Anger that saves you to it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter

Yes it is. You can get loot from him every time he is up, unlike Sha of Anger that saves you to it.

If this is true it sounds like a terribly broken system that favors those who have the respawn timers down and those with the biggest group spamming aoe to tag it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I have played MoP more than I care to admit since release, and I have yet to see Galleon up. It appears that he is farmed as soon as he spawns. I even made it a point to be online shortly after expected server reset, only to find out that downtime was 1-2 hours & that Galleon was already killed.

Only one guildie has seen him & killed him, afaik. I don't understand why Sha is multiple times per day while the other is seemingly 4-5 days on my server. It seems that if I'm not online when he pop's, I'll never see him.

Because he has a chance to drop a mount, I suppose I won't even get a chance to see him even when his gear doesn't matter. Kind of disheartening when I don't have the ability to experience PvE content due to other players. I never got to see or experience the world bosses in TBC either.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]