Tricks of Our Trade: Original Ganksta

Talon of Azshara is better imo...
100 Night Elf Rogue
That made me think about rogues duel wielding 2h for combat, like fury. That would totally make up for this patch.
100 Night Elf Rogue
10/09/2012 11:00 PMPosted by Aeriwen
Antlers aside. I'm upset. I can't understand why no one ever responds to my comments. I feel like an idiot. I can take it, guys. Let me have it, if I am.

Let's form a support group. We'll call ourselves the Sensitive Assassins. We can talk about your invisibility complex and my paranoia that whenever I post in threads I seem to kill them.

The culprit is ever lower stat values each expansion we lose more and more effective crit/haste each expansion transition. I don't see this as being sustainable in another expansion to dip them even lower. As some point, leveling rogues, and later other classes, will become barely functional would they not? Or do they completely readjust the curves each expansion past the old tiers and smooth them out?

I'm not at all convinced that stat ratings work very well at all.

Neither are the developers. Ghostcrawler has posted a tremendous amount on stat inflation, stat resets between expansions and the problems inherent in the system. He's been pretty honest about the issues, and about his team's opinion that so far they simply haven't discovered a better way to do it (by which I assume he means, "a better way to do it without altering some of the fundamental tenets that form the structure of WoW itself," such as the huge importance placed on gear improvements, the multiple forms of gear enhancements, the progressive addition of multiple tiers of gear each expansion, etc.).
90 Pandaren Monk
So my fourth satchel ever, I got a epic Macaw out of it, sold it for 7k gold to a guildy.

Promptly flew out to Azshara and bought the Locket. I'm so bad with WoW money.
100 Night Elf Rogue
I think this is just what happens as games age, and your initial stat weights become obsolete. Theres no way that the devs could have seen where they would end up 5 expansions later when they started with vanilla.

These are inherient problems in MMOs look at what happened in EQ. Its the balancing act of feeling epic @ lvl 90, but giving the player that feeling of leveling everytime an expansion hits. At the end of every expansion characters are tweaked so much to max out their potential in those situations. Then a new expansion comes out and they have to top that last experience, with out totally ruining the players efforts.
90 Pandaren Monk
The sad thing is EQ has been out for much longer and they're still no where near the inflation we are. Cataclysm really !@#$ed things up. WoTLK was 20k hp tops, going to 120-130k shouldn't have happened. Double is fine.
I'm trying to find that article where Ghost was talking about stat inflation. I remember reading it Pre-Cata. Can anyone find it and supply a link?
93 Worgen Death Knight
10/10/2012 08:18 AMPosted by Punda
WoTLK was 20k hp tops, going to 120-130k shouldn't have happened. Double is fine.

I was at 50k when wrath ended, I finished cata with 233k.

Tanks ended in tbc in the mid twenties.

I enjoy having a big health pool.
90 Pandaren Monk
I WAS REFERRING TO A ROGUE STANDPOINT SINCE THIS IS A ROGUE THREAD HELLISH GOD
93 Worgen Death Knight
Oh sorry, I thought you guys wanted the real deal from the only role that matters.
I like pie, I don't like cold weather... ugh for cold weather.

That is all.
100 Night Elf Rogue
In terms of dev watercooler blogs, GC posted this last November on stat/damage inflation (and what to do about it): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3885585

I haven't been able to dredge up the comments he made relatively recently about stat resets, crit percentages and the like. I must be looking in the wrong place.
100 Night Elf Rogue
10/10/2012 08:47 AMPosted by Aedrik
I don't like cold weather... ugh for cold weather.

I take it your no longer on hiatus in Tampa?

10/10/2012 08:51 AMPosted by Rfeann
GC posted this last November on stat/damage inflation

MUMUMUMUMU MEGA DAMAGE!!!!
Edited by Kuyk on 10/10/2012 9:12 AM PDT
In terms of dev watercooler blogs, GC posted this last November on stat/damage inflation (and what to do about it): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3885585

I haven't been able to dredge up the comments he made relatively recently about stat resets, crit percentages and the like. I must be looking in the wrong place.

Thats one of the ones I read. I forgot where the other one was :(

Thank you anyway much appreciated.
So my fourth satchel ever, I got a epic Macaw out of it, sold it for 7k gold to a guildy.

Promptly flew out to Azshara and bought the Locket. I'm so bad with WoW money.

I throw gold at my friends. They're so sick of me sitting in Org or Dal or Shrine and seemingly making a ton of gold I don't need or bother to save that they're mailing it back to me and stop complaining to me about being poor.

I may start handing it out to random people I see.

Also, whats the best PvP spec now? Combat maybe? I hear alot about Combat.
Many of the CPU temperature probes in use today fluctuate depending on the workload going on at an exact moment in time. As the stress test gets more intense, your CPU temp is going up. When the test is done, your CPU starts idling again, which results in the dramatic temp drop. So, although the exact temperature of the CPU won't always be reflected by temperature readings, it's an indication of the temperature your core would operate at under extended periods of time of the given workload.

Could be. Although it was jumping to 75'C almost instantly as well, then gradually rising to 80'C.

Either way, I backed the OC down to 4.2 because I don't like those temperatures.

10/10/2012 04:57 AMPosted by Sheevah
Also, on the WEI, I think you have to have an 8-core processor to ding the 7.9 mark by default, so regardless of the clock speed on the 6-core, you're unlikely to reach it. :/

I don't think so, I've seen people hitting 7.9 with the i7 3960x, Which is also a 6 core. Could just be Cache size I guess. Either that or my mobo has some latency issues, which I would seriously hate to see coming from a $400 mobo ._.
10/10/2012 08:58 AMPosted by Kuyk
I take it your no longer on hiatus in Tampa?

Sigh you are correct. Back in Denver and it isn't all that warm :(
100 Night Elf Rogue
I was talking to a guildy that lives in Chicago and it was 32. In FLA its 82 =P
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/09/2012 09:38 AMPosted by Aeriwen
In an attempt to bring the rogue community together,

You mean we can be more than snarky, pretentious jerks? Wha?
10 Goblin Rogue
10/10/2012 07:36 AMPosted by Rfeann
and my paranoia that whenever I post in threads I seem to kill them.
ugh, I have that too.

and in honor of Sheevah, I have made this toon my official Rogue Forum avatar :D

<3 Sheevah
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]