Pet BreedingId explained with formulas :-)

90 Gnome Warlock
Warcraft BattlePets can come in various breeds and quality. At this moment noone knows what stats a pet will have at level 25. This is where my website will come in handy. You can check for every pet, what stats it will have at any level (soon).

http://schaffhauser.me/Warcraft

You have the table for the breeding variation and as an example the Hyacinth Macaw for all breeds and levels.

This week i'll pimp the website, so that you can look up the info for all your pets :D

Enjoy

Warla
Edited by Warla on 10/10/2012 11:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Interesting - I was working on the same thing. I'm also at the same point you are (well, slightly further since I have the data for all pets). Your GUI is way, way better than mine though, so I'll share what I have.

This has all the base species data: http://pastebin.com/pM4bNwDc

I pulled it all from the Blizzard site using some Excel VBA code and just ran it through the formula (the same one you ended up with) backwards after I discovered the differences in the BreedIDs.

Note: there is one small difference between your research and mine. You assume that BreedID 3/13 adds +0.5 to all of some invisible base Breed 0. I just assume that BreedID 3 IS the base, so basically you have to subtract 0.5 from all your BreedID differences to match mine. Mine are here just for clarification: http://i.imgur.com/z7uJd.png
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I'm cheering you both on from the bleachers! Thanks to both of you!
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Rogue
Well done. That seems like a lot of work.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
@Simca

I've based the default on the minimum value of the breeds. so based on the lowest possible value breed 3 / 13 was always 0.5 bigger than the lowest found value from all the breeds.

I already have a ton base stats for around 300 pets (pretty much all speciesId from my account)

If you enter a new one on my webpage it will pull the data right via blizzard Api from the webpage.

What i want to do next (which is almost finished) is that you enter your char name and i pull all your pets from the wow api and display how your pets will look like at 25 (calculating with correct breed id etc)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, I like using BreedID 3 as a base rather than the minimums because if you put all the pets on a scale of 1-10, 8.5/8.5/8.5 works way better as a medium point (5) because the data is all centered around that across all the BreedIDs.

Also, you can just use my data above for pet base stats rather than the API.

Or if you like pulling from the API, just use: http://us.battle.net/api/wow/battlePet/stats/40?level=1&breedId=3&qualityId=0 to generate all the base stats

Grabbing character/server data sounds pretty awesome and will definitely interest a lot of people, but honestly what is most important to me (and the real reason I'm doing this) is to get a table of BreedIDs per SpeciesID. For example, the Cheetah Cub can only be BreedID 5. It can never be anything else. Squirrels can be BreedID 3, 5, 7, and 9 (off the top of my head - probably wrong). I want a table like that for every species, so I'm working on a bit of code that will pull 3000 API entries from players and combine their data.
Edited by Simca on 10/10/2012 4:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Thats exactly what i want too :-) the plan is a lot people look at their pets on my webpage and i'll collect a distinct list of all breed Ids for a given species. When enough data is available people can check what kind of breed id they prefer for a pet
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Question for you Warla - I'm attempting to check out your work. Maybe it's because my work computer is poop (and because I have to use IE8 at work which is even worse), but what do I need to select to open your link? I'm planning on adding it to the sticky, but like to check things out before I add them.

Having tried both Excel and IE, I think the problem lies with attempting to look at it on my work computer, which is restrictive in so many ways and with IE.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
@Phaedra

I'm new to using the Blizzard API, but I've been able to open Simca's links just using Notepad. The result is ugly, but if you look close, you can see all the important information. :)

Thanks again, S & W. I can't wait to see what y'all come up with.
Edited by Oddment on 10/10/2012 5:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Moved the URL to here:
http://schaffhauser.me/Warcraft
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Im glad to announce you can now check ALL your pets using the little Webpage i've made

http://schaffhauser.me/Warcraft#PetList

Enter your Region, Realm and Character and get a nice List of all your Pets and how they will look at what level

If you use US -> Dragonmaw -> Warla, you can see for example that i have 3 x "Fire-Proof Roach" which different breed Ids... its very interresting how they turn up at 25
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Updated the sticky to show the new information.

Also, I had no problems opening on my personal computer using Chrome. I still hold IE and my craptastic work computer to blame.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock

@Simca

All pets have exactly 24 points of status points. If you base the breed ID 3 as 0,0,0 it doesnt work anymore. So i assume the 24 status points are correct. (breed Id 3 = 0.5 0.5 0.5)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
@Warla

Oh man... sweet!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
You can now sort too... click on the headers of the columns to sort. :-)
Reply Quote
24 Dwarf Hunter
Seems like very useful work.

I don't understand when you say 4/14, 5/15, etc. yet in the list generated for my pets the Brd column goes from 3 to 22. From the table, it seems like 4 and 14 are the same.

I don't understand how the 3 rare squirrels on my list are breeds 13, 15 and 21 yet each has the same bases stats of 40-7.5-8.5.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Base stats for every kind of pet is aleays the same. The breed Id adds then variations. So different breed ids give your pets more health or stronger attacks or faster speed

Check the information Tab on my website which explains the breeds
Edited by Warla on 10/12/2012 1:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Hello there!

Excellent work on everything regarding BreedIDs. I've been working on incorporating all this stuff into addons over the last couple days, and I thought I'd share my work.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/battle_pet_breedid#t1:description

I've packaged the basics of finding a breedID into 2 library functions: one for viewing pets in a journal, one for during a battle. Other addon authors (and I've been messaging a few of them) can add support for this in their code with very minor modifications.

Of course, if you don't want to wait for that, anyone's welcome to download the library and manually alter other addons themselves (as I did).

On a side note, the author of Pet Journal Enhanced (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/pet-journal-enhanced) had an excellent suggestion that when viewed in-game, it's annoying to have to translate between '6/16' and what it really means. I kind of left this up to the addon makers to determine for themselves, but I thought that here we might try to come up with some sort of standard names, that might eventually be translated to icons.
Reply Quote
24 Dwarf Hunter
Is it only wild pets, some vendor pets and Mysterious Egg pets (Tickbird Hatchling and White Tickbird Hatchling) that have more than one breed per pet species?

I would think pets from achievements, professions, quests, world drops, pet store, world events, trading card game and promotions would all be a single breed each or players would be very upset if they got stuck with an inferior breed of a one of a kind or very difficult to get pet.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/12/2012 12:14 AMPosted by Ungorojoe
the same bases stats of 40-7.5-8.5.

@Warla: It would probably be more useful to display the HP stat divided by 5 to users so they could more easily compare it versus the other stats. In the example above, 8-7.5-8.5 is a lot simpler to see that the pet has more focus on HP than Power. Without dividing the HP by 5 (to put it on the same scale), the HP information is not really that useful.

You can do that pretty easily by just changing your HP formula from
Health = 100 + ((BaseHP + BreedHP * 5) * Level * Quality)
to
Health = 100 + ((REALBaseHP + BreedHP) * 5 * Level * Quality)
Where REALBaseHP is the BaseHP divided by 5.

Other than that, the site looks pretty excellent.

@Simca
All pets have exactly 24 points of status points. If you base the breed ID 3 as 0,0,0 it doesnt work anymore. So i assume the 24 status points are correct. (breed Id 3 = 0.5 0.5 0.5)

If you assumed all pets had 25.5 status points (breed Id 3 = 0 0 0), then you would subtract -0.5 from all the other breedIDs and they would work fine (i.e. breed Id 4 = -0.5 +1.5 -0.5). There is no flaw with my method nor with yours, it's just two ways of looking at the same thing.

Is it only wild pets, some vendor pets and Mysterious Egg pets (Tickbird Hatchling and White Tickbird Hatchling) that have more than one breed per pet species?

I would think pets from achievements, professions, quests, world drops, pet store, world events, trading card game and promotions would all be a single breed each or players would be very upset if they got stuck with an inferior breed of a one of a kind or very difficult to get pet.

Yes, usually pets that you can only obtain once only have one breedID. I believe there are exceptions to this but I can't recall them off the top of my head.

10/14/2012 07:25 AMPosted by Hugh
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/battle_pet_breedid#t1:description

Looks very nice!

However, BreedIDs are really only half of the picture in the variation of pet stats. When comparing cross-species (i.e. Azure Whelpling vs Emerald Whelpling), base pet stats are a very nice thing to know as well. If there is a way to display those in tooltips, I would definitely welcome it.

On a side note, the author of Pet Journal Enhanced (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/pet-journal-enhanced) had an excellent suggestion that when viewed in-game, it's annoying to have to translate between '6/16' and what it really means. I kind of left this up to the addon makers to determine for themselves, but I thought that here we might try to come up with some sort of standard names, that might eventually be translated to icons.[/quote]

I actually thought about this the moment I realized the range of possible IDs. The first four names are obvious:

3/13 (+0.5/+0.5/+0.5): Balanced
4/14 (+0/+2/+0): Powerful
5/15 (+0/+0/+2): Speedy
6/16 (+2/+0/+0): Healthy

The other 6 Breed IDs are much less obvious, but maybe somebody with a good vocabulary and a Thesaurus could come up with some names for the dual-stat BreedIDs (7/17, 8/18, and 9/19) and the hybrid BreedIDs with one stat higher than the rest (10/20, 11/21, and 12/22).

I have no idea what you'd do for the last 3, but for the dual-stat ones, you could look for words that imply Power with Speed or Health with Power. Maybe Health with Power could be "Strong". It seems to imply less Power than Powerful but also has a hint of endurance (Health) to it. Stuff like this is really not my forte, though.

Note 1: Somebody suggested in a different thread (in the WebAPI forum actually) that the alternate set of BreedIDs may have been for a gender system. It's really hard to say one way or the other whether or not that is true, but it doesn't seem blatantly false at least.

Note 2: I've abandoned my own efforts to get a list of BreedIDs per Species because Warla already has one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]