Pet BreedingId explained with formulas :-)

100 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, I just got a poor quality Red Cricket too. :<

I did get a rare quality Sapphire Cub on my first cub though, but I'd rather have a better cricket!

Edit: I really love your new updates to http://schaffhauser.me/Warcraft#PetBreeds, Warla! It's a truly awesome list now!

Edit 2: Made a post on the Community API forum about the missing pets in the API - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6893700744

Edit 3: I found a small change I could make in my code that showed who gave me what data, so I've been entering those users into your site. Here are the names that should go along with the Pet IDs you don't have names for (on the Breeds per pet page):

170: Golden Pig
171: Silver Pig
180: Essence of Competition
231: Jade Tiger
240: Onyx Panther
247: Zipao Tiger
802: Thundering Serpent Hatchling
1073: Terky

There are also a few others I don't have yet so I haven't entered them:
69: Snowy Owl (Winter only)
124: Poley (China only)
155: Lucky (Korean WWI 2007 only)
513: Qiraji Guardling (Summer only)
757: Tiny Green Dragon (China only)
758: Tiny Red Dragon (China only)
820: Singing Cricket (from achievement Pro Pet Mob)

The above lists exclude the broken ones in my API forum post above.
Edited by Simca on 10/17/2012 7:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
@Simca

Thanks :-) I like the breeds per species too. Gives people a chance to farm specific rares now.

But the website wouldnt be anything without you guys who give me constant inputs / ideas / facts and of course.... hack in their toons that I can leech data on the subject.
The more people looking at their pets on my website the more reliable the breeds per specie will be.

I'm still looking for someone good at writing "Informational" material.
I suck at writing documentations for various reasons... english not being my mother tongue is one of em (<- Switzerland) So if someone is up for rewriting the information page on my website to "good" and easy understandeable english, feel free to send me a mail (email is on my website under contact)

Later today I will add another Tab to the website explaining the API for accessing the breed data, so other websites can benefit from the information stored on the page.

On a side node.... yesterday rain in STV ---> first ape a blue .... im a happy gnome !!

Now my alt sits in Tanaris waiting for some sand to blow around :-/

Ohh nice one... i checked and the thread you linked...

My Wharf Rat and Devouring Maggot indeed not show up... i have a rare Devouring Maggot
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I just finished entering several Korean/Taiwanese/Chinese characters into your site to get the above mentioned pets.

The site worked flawlessly in dealing with the foreign characters.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
Yes but since i'm only displaying the english names of the pets at the moment (I have the names in all localizations, so i can put a language dropdown on the breeds page soon) Those pets will be empty at the moment.
I could display the Chineese ot Taiwan names of the pets so it wont be empty.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes but since i'm only displaying the english names of the pets at the moment (I have the names in all localizations, so i can put a language dropdown on the breeds page soon) Those pets will be empty at the moment.
I could display the Chineese ot Taiwan names of the pets so it wont be empty.

They are all listed in the English pet journal under these names and these speciesIDs:

170: Golden Pig
171: Silver Pig
180: Essence of Competition
231: Jade Tiger
240: Onyx Panther
247: Zipao Tiger
802: Thundering Serpent Hatchling (Edit: this one is working correctly)
1073: Terky

You may have an incomplete list of species names.

Edit: I understand now (I think). You can't manually edit the list of species names - you get them automatically from the API and because I entered Taiwanese characters, your database recorded Taiwanese names for those pets.
Edited by Simca on 10/17/2012 3:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I could make an Awesome Sammich from you two. Thanks a ton for your efforts!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
@Warla: I think there is a small error in your HP Calculations on the Breed per Pet page. For a rare Species 472, Breed 8, the correct stats are 313/55/58. However, your page shows 376/55/58 when the quality is set to Rare. However, when I set it to Poor, the HP shows up as 313.

You may have left a "times 1.3" somewhere in your HP equation on that specific page because if I subtract 100 from 376, then divide by 1.3, and then add back 100, I get 313.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
Hmm i checked the Rabid Nut Varmint 5000 from me (breed 5) at level 16 it has the stats (984/156/208) on the Breeds per species page i also get (984/156/208) for rare at breed 5.

Your Rabid Nut Varmint 5000 uncommon has 406/60/64 (breed 8) at level 6
Checking the breeds per species page, breed 8 at level 6 uncommon also gets 406/60/64

Can you provide me with more information that i can check if theres a problem?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
You're right, it isn't you, it's the game itself.

I just took this screenshot. Both the pet in my journal and the one I'm fighting are the same species, breed, level, and rarity.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/8Z3XQ.jpg

However, the one in my Pet Journal has significantly more HP. After capturing the pet I'm battling in the above picture. It suddenly also had 620 HP.

I think Blizzard might have released a hotfix to nerf Wild Pet HP...

EDIT: Actually there is a little bug on your page though. If I set the main page ("Information") to Species 472, Breed 8, Rare (1.3), Level 5, it says the stats are 360/54.6/61.1. If I do the same on "Breeds per pet", it says the stats are 376/55/58. The Breeds per pet one is the right one by the way - the information page one is incorrect.

EDIT 2: Found the problem on the "Information" page - http://i.imgur.com/lCPig.png
Edited by Simca on 10/18/2012 3:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Warrior
I noticed this too that stats change after a capture
Edited by Foodmaster on 10/18/2012 3:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

I just took this screenshot. Both the pet in my journal and the one I'm fighting are the same species, breed, level, and rarity.

However, the one in my Pet Journal has significantly more HP. After capturing the pet I'm battling in the above picture. It suddenly also had 620 HP.

EDIT: Actually there is a little bug on your page though. If I set the main page ("Information") to Species 472, Breed 8, Rare (1.3), Level 5, it says the stats are 360/54.6/61.1. If I do the same on "Breeds per pet", it says the stats are 376/55/58. The Breeds per pet one is the right one by the way - the information page one is incorrect.

EDIT 2: Found the problem on the "Information" page - http://i.imgur.com/lCPig.png

That's not new.. it's something I encountered when I was building my addon. All wild pets have less hp. Formula: wild HP * 1.2 = actual HP.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
I've added a nice little feature... a lot people have duplicate pets.
I'm now flagging duplicate pets in the Pets List.

Beetle with breed 15
Beetle with breed 5
Beetle with breed 9

Beetles with breed 15 and 5 get flagged as duplicates

Snake with breed 5
Snake with breed 5
Snake with breed 6

Both snakes with breed 5 get flagged

Try it out and tell me what you think of this feature

@Simca

Yes I see the bug its easy to fix.. i'll do it shortly
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm looking for an add-on or webpage that tells me what HP in the wild a pet would have to qualify its rarity.

I started reading through the posts here and got a headache once the posts started having stats in them... So, I'm being lazy now. Although, after a few more cups of coffee, I might have to open Excel and start my own spreadsheet and track the data myself. I'm tired of trying to guess/remember what HP the creatures have to know if I should bother catching or just killing.

Ugh, I'm rambling... *goes for more coffee*
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
Get a rarity mod like "Battle Pet Glow" to see the rarity as color...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'm looking for an add-on or webpage that tells me what HP in the wild a pet would have to qualify its rarity.

I started reading through the posts here and got a headache once the posts started having stats in them... So, I'm being lazy now. Although, after a few more cups of coffee, I might have to open Excel and start my own spreadsheet and track the data myself. I'm tired of trying to guess/remember what HP the creatures have to know if I should bother catching or just killing.

Ugh, I'm rambling... *goes for more coffee*

Not sure what you're asking for exactly... I've already mentioned my addon that gives breedID in this thread, there are plenty of addons that give rarity, and I've mentioned the difference between wild HP and actual HP.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Death Knight
Found an add-on that will work for now. Battle Pet Qualifier.

I just wanted something to indicate if I should attempt capture or not of pets in the wild. Trying to remember what HP to look for at what level for rarity types was tiresome.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Warla, is your listing of possible breeds based on API results or is it based on gathered data from those who've used the fetch page? The reason I'm asking is that while most are fairly consistent (equal number of males and females), "Jumping Spider" from Jade Forest isn't (Showing 11, 13, 19, 22). I'm just wondering if that's data that has yet to be gathered or just an inconsistency in the system. Thanks. ;)
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
Its data gathered from all entering their toon on my page.... so the more do that the more reliable the data will be
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
@Simca

Yes I see the bug its easy to fix.. i'll do it shortly

Thanks! :)

10/18/2012 08:53 AMPosted by Jusi
Warla, is your listing of possible breeds based on API results or is it based on gathered data from those who've used the fetch page? The reason I'm asking is that while most are fairly consistent (equal number of males and females), "Jumping Spider" from Jade Forest isn't (Showing 11, 13, 19, 22). I'm just wondering if that's data that has yet to be gathered or just an inconsistency in the system. Thanks. ;)

10/18/2012 09:38 AMPosted by Warla
Its data gathered from all entering their toon on my page.... so the more do that the more reliable the data will be

While Warla is right that the data may not be absolutely perfect, honestly... it's pretty close. I can with about 99% certainty (literally) say that the Jumping Spider only has those four breeds. I have 880 of the world's top battle pet owners in my spreadsheet and Warla probably has around a thousand entries at least, and ours match perfectly on every single number, so while there is a chance we're both wrong - that chance is very slim.

There aren't very many pets whose breeds are different amongst males and females, but there are at least a handful. I was looking at some earlier and trying to figure out if there was any real "lore" or "reality" type of explanation behind it (i.e. males more powerful, females faster - something like that), but I didn't spend much time on it.

The Hare (has 11 breeds - 6 male, 5 female) is another example.

That's not new.. it's something I encountered when I was building my addon. All wild pets have less hp. Formula: wild HP * 1.2 = actual HP.

Interesting. I wonder why nobody ever really mentioned this.

I did all of my in-game pet battle research 2-3 days before launch and some on launch day. Since then, I've been super busy between in-game dailies and spreadsheets, so I never actually even noticed this change (it is a change because I still have lots of data from 9/22 and 9/23 that have normal HP values).
Edited by Simca on 10/18/2012 11:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Now to figure out performance vs stat allotment. >.<
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]