Is LFR really for Casuals?

100 Orc Warlock
460 ilvl is very easily reached, if you don't want to put in any effort then you don't deserve to raid, even LFR. (which is STUPIDLY EASY compared to normal and doesn't even count as raiding)

And yes, LFR is for casuals. Feng's Draw Flame ability hits for 18k a tick on LFR as opposed to 64k a tick on normal 25 man

If you can't do that you deserve to be in unenchanted blues and greens
Edited by Languish on 10/9/2012 6:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
Is effort considered killing a 1000 sprites and collecting kegs of beer? If that's your view of effort, yes that's what has me concerned.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
10/09/2012 06:32 PMPosted by Dahk
Is effort considered killing a 1000 sprites and collecting kegs of beer? If that's your view of effort, yes that's what has me concerned.

That actually is effort.

Do you not know the definition?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock

Yeah, that is effort actually

You're asking for a slot machine that says "Pull here for your LFR Gear"

Which is essentially what is in the game right now, honestly. Step up or shut up buddy
Reply Quote
60 Troll Hunter

O.o

................................................................................................................................

ef·fort [ef-ert] Show IPA
noun
exertion of physical or mental power: It will take great effort to achieve victory.
an earnest or strenuous attempt: an effort to keep to the schedule.
something done by exertion or hard work: I thought it would be easy, but it was an effort.
an achievement, as in literature or art: The painting is one of his finest efforts.
the amount of exertion expended for a specified purpose: the war effort.
Edited by Jilixx on 10/9/2012 6:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
Lol, you guys are funny.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

There are two types of effort in MMOs.

Time spent, and skill required.

MOP tends to focus on the former, because people complained about the latter :P

If you don't have either, everyone ends up having everything and don't tend to stay subbed very long because they're done.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I wonder. I'm a casual and I can't even queue for it. So who is doing LFR today or even this week? Or next... Is it the casual masses that Blizzard promised it would be for in numerous posts around this site over the past year. Or is it for hardcore raiders to get their ilvl up enough to do heroic versions of the same raid. If LFR was truly for casuals wouldn't it have a shared lock out across all versions of the zone. Maybe then it could be tuned to the ilvl of the people who want to get into it and it was designed for. Not a loot pinata for server first guilds.

So how do you even get into LFR... well I'm not entirely sure. The "i" button tells me I need to have a ivl of 460. So that basically means I have to farm heroics so that almost every single piece is from a heroic dungeon, as they only drop 463 gear. Wait.... I leveled up Tailoring so I could make some of my own gear. Let me look in there... nope, highest crafted piece I can make as a 600 Tailor is a 384 green, or hope for a proc to get me a 425/440 piece...still no good. What you say there are more patterns locked behind rep vendors! OK.. hmm how many days of dailies does it take to get to that rep? I'm doing rep dailies as often as I have time, while trying to run heroics on a limited time budget.

So when does Blizzard expect casuals to be ready for the casual raid? Another week, month.. maybe more. I really don't know, but if the expectation is that your entire casual experience is dailies for a month, you should have put that in the commercial during half time.

ps - Please put ghost mounts next to the res angels in Pandaria... some of them really need them.

1. you're retarded for thinkg tailoring can only make greens go do the rep grind like veryone else and make the gear. If you're a casual you DONT need gear since you're not doing anything with it. Stop whining and play the damn game.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I hit iLevel 460 within three days of hitting 90. Heroics aren't really hard. LFR doubly isn't.

Granted, I queued as a healer and was getting 15-45 second queues, but still.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
10/09/2012 03:40 PMPosted by Postonforums
No, it's for loot.

LIES!!

LFR is filled with gold, not loot. Every boss... gold, gold, gold. Even coin rolls: gold, gold, gold. No loot!

Ranting aside, LFR is casual friendly... if you define casual as someone that can figure out "don't stand in bad crap, must pay attention to mechanics and use totems".

And, it will be there when you get 460. If you really are casual, does it really matter that the guy next to you have LFR before you? It shouldn't.
Edited by Vear on 10/9/2012 10:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC
LFR is for everyone from, people who just want to do something outside of a required time schedule to hardcores looking for a bit more gear or bad players who don't feel like learning about their class to experience the content.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

The annoying ones that kick-interrupt repeatedly you, are neutral (yellow) but randomly aggro on you anyways, have to be kited half way across the map to disengage, aggro new sprites so the kegs despawn before you get out of combat? THOSE sprites? Yeah... 1000 of them is effort, thank you very much.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
10/09/2012 10:18 PMPosted by Vear

The annoying ones that kick-interrupt repeatedly you, are neutral (yellow) but randomly aggro on you anyways, have to be kited half way across the map to disengage, aggro new sprites so the kegs despawn before you get out of combat? THOSE sprites? Yeah... 1000 of them is effort, thank you very much.
Every time I killed one another stepped up to take its shin kicking place :(
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/09/2012 10:11 PMPosted by Vear
No, it's for loot.

LIES!!

LFR is filled with gold, not loot. Every boss... gold, gold, gold. Even coin rolls: gold, gold, gold. No loot!

Lol even worse today I got the legs off stone guard in LFR which was an upgrade to what I had and later in the evening I get the same legs off the normal raid with my extra roll. >.<
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]