Gara'jal question - Spiritual Innervation

97 Draenei Death Knight
According to guides and the dungeon journal, the effect is created when the person is healed, and grows as there are healed more. According to logs, people seem to get the buff as soon as they enter the spirit world, and there is no evidence it stacks. For example:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/hub95kq2s8ulu3f0/xe/?s=8326&e=8688&x=spell%3D%22Spiritual+Innervation%22+or+spell%3D%22Crossed+Over%22%0D%0A

Three players go in, a second later they all have the buff. They lose it 30 seconds after they return (except for hunter for some reason). The question is does it make sense to have healers spam heal to build up the effectiveness of the buff as it supposedly it stacks. If it doesn't stack, obviously they should just get out as soon as possible.

Could this be a WoL issue, or is there something else in the logs I should be looking for?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Any healing increase the buff.. you get the buff, but it grows stronger with the amount of healing you get.
Reply Quote
97 Draenei Death Knight
10/10/2012 10:30 AMPosted by Macphisto
Any healing increase the buff.. you get the buff, but it grows stronger with the amount of healing you get.

Without world of logs to show what is going on, I have a couple other questions -

Does is stack by amount healed or number of heals received?

Do overheals continue to stack the buff?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sorry apparently I posted on my alt.

It increases with the amount healed, since you have infinite mana due to the regen buff, you spam your biggest heal on everybody. Best one is a holy paladin with beacon + divine light. Obviously you try to rotate healers since they get their full mana back.

And yes, overhealing increase the buff.

World of Logs is broken because it doesn't track what's happening in the other phase (same as Ultraxion or Hallion)
Reply Quote
97 Draenei Death Knight
10/10/2012 11:02 AMPosted by Zurak
World of Logs is broken because it doesn't track what's happening in the other phase (same as Ultraxion or Hallion)

I'm logging and in there a decent percent of the time in the spirit world as the tank - I think either there is a WoL issue, or for some reason the combat log does not reflect the amount of gain you get
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
The combat log probably doesn't work with the buff because you don't gain stacks, it just increases the power of the buff.
Reply Quote
97 Draenei Death Knight
10/10/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Kurby
The combat log probably doesn't work with the buff because you don't gain stacks, it just increases the power of the buff.

Yeah, that's what it seems like - similar to vengeance
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
10/10/2012 12:49 PMPosted by Siantha

Yeah, that's what it seems like - similar to vengeance

I've noticed when going in as a tank that I can use feral regen when at full health and gain more of the buff, and I imagine that it's how it works for the DPS and healers going in on totems, so that makes me wonder a bit about if buff necessarily has a cap. It'd be kinda interesting if you could get the buff to start increasing the DPS players output even moreso by having a healer stick around a while after they're needed to get the exit button on the people inside.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]