How are DK's so far?

90 Pandaren Monk
I lvled one in Cata on the ally side to 85 and all, but I deleted it due to not being on ally much.
I might lvl one again on the horde side, how are they?
Or would a warrior just be fine?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
As strong as ever when correctly played. I would dk before I warrior anyday.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Well as of now, frost DKs are great for rbg damage wise, Arenas make it pretty tough since we don't have that much survival, 1v1s......we are amazing against rogues LOL. Warrior if you want the arena wins, you can also be a good FC in rbgs as warrior and 1v1s you will win most of them.

as for pve we are considered OP in blood spec.....
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I might have to give Frost a try then, Idk why but I just like to duel wield when I play stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Tanking is a bit simple but still fun. DPS is interesting, although you may get frustrated over the gaps Frost has.

As far as PvP goes, both Frost and Unholy are extremely fun and entertaining. Couldn't say much about Blood as I haven't used it for PvP yet.

This is my POV, anyway, but I enjoy playing my DK more than I do with any other toon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Here's my opinion for you, just to give you another perspective. I have played a death knight since they came out, I mostly play pvp but, I have done some pve as well. I've only recently gotten serious about pvp. But, I can tell you this... Blood spec is a big no-no in arenas, its a very viable tank spec as well as a FC in RBGs. I myself play a DW frost dk, I am almost always top dmg in bgs and arenas and I am barely geared. The reason is AoE dmg, unholy blight and howling blast. Although we do a great deal of burst even without using AoE. The thing you want to make sure of is exp/hit caps at 3%. Reforge do whatever you have to to get it right at 3% or barely over. A tenth makes a difference. Next as DW focus mastery. If it has haste/mastery don't reforge it. Everything else hit/exp cap>mastery>haste>crit. If you are going 2H frost or Unholy reverse haste and mastery priorities. I will say this... As DW frost (not sure of 2H) you are gonna be faced with times when you have no buttons to push. We are rune starved it seems like. Another thing to keep in mind, frost=frost presence no more uh presence for frost dks. They fixed it. Anyway I hope this helps, I can only speak for myself in saying I enjoy playing my dk. P.s. Alot of people are gonna say stuff like "of course you beat me you're a dk". Ignore this because in mop we are squishy. Survivability is a huge issue. If you beat a warrior either you are good or he is playing with a computer running windows 98 on a dial up connection. Happy hunting!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
blood dk's are completely viable for arena, there self healing/shield buff from death strikes make them very hard to kill, and can peal off a healer incredibly well.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
11/06/2012 10:57 PMPosted by Toxxulian
blood dk's are completely viable for arena, there self healing/shield buff from death strikes make them very hard to kill, and can peal off a healer incredibly well.

They really aren't, and you should be ashamed of yourself for posting otherwise.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

Only until you come up against someone with half a brain.

OP, play what you want. Don't roll warr just cause of fotm or dk cause u hear good things, etc. Unholy/Frost is good in pvp minus the survivability issue, havent tried blood pvp since cata except when theres no FC.

DKs do decent damage in pve, 2h frost is pretty high up when played properly. Blood is a solid tank spec still, though I feel warriors do a tad bit better in the current raids.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight

lol no. just no.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Bahahahah!

No. You will kill people with half a brain and that's it.

Which coincidentally is a large amount of the people in the under 1k brackets.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Since no one has posted a detailed PVE point of view, I will take the liberty of doing so.

I played blood in cata and switched to frost for MoP. 2H Frost is one of the most satisfying classes there is out there, the big obliterate crits are awesome. Being used to DW frost where a ton of small numbers were on my logs and the weapons were extremely rare and hard to obtain, 2H weapons are much simpler to obtain (I personally have all three versions of Starshatter). Weapons are very important to upgrade now as most of your abilities (if I'm not wrong) are now based on your weapon damage and the weapon stats are heavier than before.

We are fairly high placed on the dps meters and a great tool to help on some boss fights like Will of the Emperor.

I think one of the main reasons why I love frost so much is how easy it is to farm mobs for food mats, DD DKS are the master of chain pulling. If you put on the Glyph of Dark Succor, everytime you kill something you get a free 20% Death Strike.

As #2 said, this is the strongest point we have ever been in (excluding wrath launch)

Oh, and also, Blood isn't bad either. They are one of the best tanks you can have around now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]