Soothing mist changing camera angle

90 Undead Monk
I have been playing Mistweaver since day one of Mists of Pandaria. I am not going to complain about the healing spheres, I can live with the mechanic.

I am here to give some feedback on the facing/camera movement involved in casting soothing mist on characters not in front of you.

I find this simple mechanic problematic in raiding environments. I don't mind the character movement, seeing as the ability doesn't have a facing requirement. What bothers me is the camera moving to what seems like a random P.O.V. I keep my camera movement set to never adjust and use this for watching things happening in the raid. However this mechanic often moves my viewing angle to a sub optimal point at inopportune times.

Are there settings I am missing to avoid this? Are more of you having the same problem or irritation?

Do any of you Mistweavers out there feel this should be changed as well?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
I am having this exact same problem and it is very annoying
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I agree that this should be changed. It's sad this didn't get more attention on Beta and isn't getting the attention it deserves now.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Well, Priests have had this issue as long as Penance has been around.

I usually click on the screen right after I click Soothing Mist.

But even at times when I don't, I don't find the pivot that bad.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I agree. I hated that penance did it too, but that was on an 8 sec CD and was not used if damage was not going out. SM is used constantly to generate chi. I find it to be my main spell that I'm casting 95% of the time if I'm not moving.... which causes big problems in a raid environment, particularly Elegon where so many things are going on.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Well, Priests have had this issue as long as Penance has been around.

I usually click on the screen right after I click Soothing Mist.

But even at times when I don't, I don't find the pivot that bad.

Like Khai said, Penance is an as needed short CD spell. Soothing mist is a monk's "filler" spell.

What would happen if Heal, Holy Light, Healing Wave, and Nourish turned those classes camera angle everytime they were cast on a different ally?

Unfotunately those who did participate in beta (not myself) didn't provide sufficient feedback for the animation/mechanic to get the dev's attention. Therefore, I will do what I must to adapt to a poorly designed mechanic that will be overlooked.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I would just like an option to turn it off in the Camera settings. The constant spinning around in a 25 man raid is starting to give me headaches.
Reply Quote
All channeled spells do this, and have done it since time immemorial. It's very annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I feel like this issue should be getting more attention than it is by both the Blues and players alike. I can't believe that there aren't more posts on this. Especially considering Soothing Mist is the first healing spell you get as a Mistweaver.
Reply Quote
70 Orc Warrior
It is just aggravating to deal with. Not a gamebreaker but really aggravating.
Reply Quote
It was mentioned several times in the beta, obviously the dev's don't care that it annoys the crap out of healing classes, its probably due to shared coding between the heals and damage channeled spells, where it is beneficial for the damage dealing ones to do this due to facing requirements.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Leave the fact that your toon turns, but please remove the turning of the camera. I am getting headaches playing my monk now. All of the spinning and then having to reclick somewhere on the screen to recenter is insane. Like others said it's a "filler" spell and gets cast sometimes multiple times per second depending on damage. Please Blues take a look into this!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Here =]
"/console cameraSmoothTrackingStyle 0"
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
^ Thank you so much!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/08/2012 09:24 AMPosted by Kappa
Here =]

Freakin awesome, thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
As someone who turns off any and all forms of camera movement that isn't done by me specifically, I've hated this immensely about every single channeled spell in the game. I've learned to live with it though, but would welcome an option to disable it. Maybe someday, we'll be able to channel spells like this without our character being force-rotated, but I won't hold my breath.

11/08/2012 09:24 AMPosted by Kappa
Here =]

Although this is the best option currently, a better one would be to not force my character to rotate every time it channels at another target. Hardcast spells don't do that, so why should channels? Damn it, Blizzard.
Edited by Aesica on 7/28/2014 5:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
07/28/2014 04:59 PMPosted by Aesica
Hardcast spells don't do that

I wish they did.

I want autofacing damnit.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
There is a way to do it without a script.

http://i.imgur.com/UfezJ6G.png

Step 1:
Turn on click-to-move

Step 2:
Change camera settings to "never adjust"

Step 3: Untick click-to-move again

Done!
Reply Quote
100 Orc Monk
People actually don't know how to turn off auto camera adjust LOL
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]