1. Defensive cool down is not bad...more than we ever had no?
2. Very good burst.
3. We have a GREAT interrupt...also....I find Earthquake to be under utilized.
4. Hex isn't as good I agree. but we can get out of fear.
5. Our stun has a timer yes...but it is very good..especially on a large group..we can AOE silence/stun a whole group...from a long way away with totem projection.
Earthgrab/drop stun totem....run far away...then turn and Nuke the hell out of them.
We can heal in elemental extremely well. Have you popped Ancestral guidance/ascendance and proced to heal your ENTIRE group with you while seriously doing massive AoE damage?
Imo, I'd have to disagree with you.
1. Our defensive capabilities are nowhere near that of WotLK. Passive Astral Shift was amazing in our toolkit and since it's removal we have remained defensively weak. This is because it fit into our toolkit perfectly and nothing was created to replace it's functionality, the fact that we have no mitigation ability useable while controlled really doesn't make sense.
2. Our burst isn't as good as in Cataclysm and to tie into your first comment after the list it's also very unreliable burst outside of Ascendance. We are a one trick pony, if the enemy uses 1 defensive ability to live through our multi-cooldown burst we are left with nothing.
Affliction has amazing multi-target pressure, Balance has good multi-target pressure and good defensive support. Frost and Fire have amazing single target sustained and nuke damage, Shadow has good offensive single target nuke damage and great defensive support.
Elemental has mediocre muti-target pressure, sustained single target damage, and nuke damage. Even our heals are mediocre compared to other hybrids but our other support is good.
3. Our interrupt is tuned oddly. The cooldown and lockout don't really seem to make sense comparative to other interrupts and the range is wonky for a ranged spec. Earthquake is costly and unreliable, that's a great recipe to create an unwanted ability.
5. It's fine if you talent Totemic Projection, but it's a sadly easy spell to counter untalented. Players often say "well it's fine because it works like old Fire Nova Totem which was great", that's all fine and dandy until you realize that old FNT had a far, far shorter cooldown than Capacitor.
Using AG and Ascendance for burst AoE damage and healing isn't really all that great in PvP. There are few situations where that's useful. Retribution, Balance, and Shadow all have better off healing than Elemental, Enhance and Feral have potent off-heals but they come at a larger tradeoff than other specs.