Zen Flight going faster too much to ask?

90 Night Elf Hunter
It's just waaaay too slow, if it were at 150%, I would be just fine with it.

Druids get to do almost everything outlined in the post above (Elliara), yes Blizzard has done nothing about it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Okay I finally got around to picking up Zen Flight. IMO one of the cooliest and most practical flying mounts yet. Not overly flashy well being cool.

Not taking up a ton of space blocking NPCs etc annoying other people etc.

However my one and only beef with it merely the fact it doesn't scale with your flying level. AKA it stays at 150% flight speed even if you have every other flying mount going 310%.

I get that inscription is the second most useless profession next to Engineering but is it too much to ask that the Zen flight ability at least go faster then a fart on the wind so to speak.

Heck Why not allow it to all classes I am sure people would love the smallest less space consuming flying mount ever to catch on. Well sure I could grab one of those flying disks but it's not quite as epic flying around on the Magical Sewer cover then the Nimbus cloud.

Oh look! Another entitled player who can't be happy that they were given something cool. No it can't just be cool, it has to work exactly like all other flying mounts do. It can't just be a neat bonus feature it has to be 100% useful and effective. Well you can purchase a regular mount just like every other player and it will do everything you want, and you won't be able to do things like hearth on it, fish on it, etc, but you claim to not care about those anyways.

Just come out and ask for what you really want. You want all the OPness of druid flight form for your monk, well thank god Blizz actually had the foresight for once to NOT give this to you.

Also inscription useless? Clearly haven't tried to sell, or make your special, shoulder enchants recently or you aren't doing your glyph research into what sells and what doesn't.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I love Zen Flight and would rather have it be slow than have all the utility taken away from it. I have other mounts if I want to go fast.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I love being able to do Archeology without ever dropping Zen Flight except to fly between zones, and picking up stolen vegetables without having to kill a pack or two of trash is awesome. It sucks that it's slow, but you can dismount and pop it or mount from it, so why does it matter?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Sure it would be nice if it went faster but truthfully I don't really care. I mostly use it whenever I take random screenshots of my character and want a few of her meditating. :) I also use it when I see a herd of ally coming to gank me during dailies...easier to insta fly up than to have to try and cast my mount from the ground...I just mount up in the air. And jumping down from high places and casting it last second is awesome enough as is.

I don't need it to be my main form of mount...I have too many other cool mounts I'd rather show off instead. It's just a fun little glyph I can mess around with...I don't need it to be anything else than that. If it went quicker I may use it more for doing dailies a bit faster, but other than that I probably wouldn't use it for any other reason than what I currently use it for.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/10/2012 05:55 PMPosted by Alixii
I get that inscription is the second most useless profession next to Engineering but is it too much to ask that the Zen flight ability at least go faster then a fart on the wind so to speak.

This was funny hahah but I completely agree that we should go faster. I was anticipating on using it more often, but it was a big let down.

Since it's a minor glyph I don't expect it to go full speed at all times, but 100% ground speed and 150% (175% with Guild perk) flight speed? Just for reference, on my monk (LvL 60) the regular ground speed is 220% and flight speed is 275%.

A possible remedy could be to add another glyph that can behave like Wild Charge in Aquatic form. For example, [Glyph of The Aiding Gust] A blast of wind launches you forward increasing your Zen Flight speed by an additional 200% for 5 sec.
Reply Quote
Posted by Alixii
I just tested the gather theory out.. Doesn't work. Gotta dismount. Heck I'd even settle with 200% flight speed it is just so slow it's painful. Or if those supposed Perks are too much just allow Zen flight to scale and give the same perks to druid Flight form.

Ah my mistake then, I just heard you could gather. Haven't actually tested that part lol. Anyways, I do agree it could be slightly faster though. It actually feels slower than a 150% speed to me

You can gather while on it but you have be on the ground not hovering up above the node, it's kinda finicky.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
There are all sorts of advantages it has over normal flying mounts, it probably shouldn't have speed.

Some things that weren't mentioned

You can interact with almost anything, and it doesn't count as a flying mount. This means you can do the golden lotus daillies with the blade traps/firebombs by just hovering over the area for 90 seconds. You can also just fly for the torch quest at the white tiger temple. You can complete many quests without touching the ground and having to interact with enemy/obstacles.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
It's slower because Zen Flight gives you so much more useful things. To keep things balanced it has to be made slower than normal flying mounts

1) You can fish on it
2) Use a hearth stone
3) It's instant cast so you can use it in mid air
4) You can gather things from it
5) You can even mount another mount while you're on it

You get the point. If it scaled with epic flying it wouldn't really be fair as every monk would flock to that cloud and never use anything else, or have any reason too

Druid Flight allows all of those besidides Hearth (might include Hearthing, i'm not sure) and mounting others, and still scales with flight speed. so why should they be the only class with an OP flying mount?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

I get that inscription is the second most useless profession next to Engineering

you went full retard with that one. engineering is a gold mine and extremely useful in pvp and pve
Edited by Oniana on 11/9/2012 1:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Even going 100% faster than what Monks have currently wouldn't be as much of an inhibitor. Requiring a Flight Master's License to go 75% faster than your 100% walking speed is weird to say the least.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's slower because Zen Flight gives you so much more useful things. To keep things balanced it has to be made slower than normal flying mounts

1) You can fish on it
2) Use a hearth stone

You get the point. If it scaled with epic flying it wouldn't really be fair as every monk would flock to that cloud and never use anything else, or have any reason too

Can't you do all those things in flight form (except maybe fishing)?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue

1) You can fish on it
2) Use a hearth stone

Get rid of 1-2, 5. I'm happy.

Make it the same as druid flight form.
Reply Quote
Hey it goes faster than the turtle. I'd say that's good in and of itself.
Reply Quote
Don't change it.

Zen Flight is the perfect thing for fishing and questing. If I need to use a quest item that has a chance of getting interrupted when I'm struck, I can pop my zen flight while on my mount to use the quest item, then mount up and go. I won't get in combat and I get to shave a few seconds that require me to kill a mob.

I can also fish on it, allowing me to hover over mobs while fishing. It's wonderful.

Zen Flight =/= Flight Form.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

1) You can fish on it
2) Use a hearth stone

You mean it would be druid flight form? I would LOVE to have that on my Monk and would not care a lick if it was the "best".

We can fish, hearth, and mount other mounts while in flight form? Why did no one inform me of this?!

/sarcasm

That said, I don't see why Zen Flight isn't just made baseline and given the flight form treatment. Although, druids had to fight to get epic flight form too (originally flight form was just the slow flier, and there was no epic flight form for many months until Blizz finally caved).

Let our monk brothers and sisters fly freely!
Edited by Kaufman on 11/9/2012 4:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
10/10/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Lingmai
I don't have this yet, but when I do I'm not flying behind you. LOL

Geez, need to the drink off my screen now, but thanks for the laugh lmao

*edit: Just got this on my monk last night, didn't like the slowness at first, but then decided it was like getting a more versatile levitate.....who doesn't like being levitated?
Edited by Tazror on 11/9/2012 4:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
mount up like the rest of us
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/09/2012 04:54 PMPosted by Xpunjabi
mount up like the rest of us
like me? =P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]